Nvidia 3080 GE Force RTX founders edition Has a very low cash rate (30) MH

mikev854

n00b
I have purchased 2 of these graphics cards off of Ebay. One was brand new, and the other one was open box sold by a gamer.

I have both of them running on a Phoenix Miner, mining Ethereum. The brand new one is giving me 96MH and the one that I bought off the gamer is performing at 30-35MH. It seems to have been well taken care of and he had told me he had it running off a liquid cooling gaming PC. At the moment from what I have researched is that I might need to put new Thermal padding in the Graphics card that I have with the low hash rate. Let me add it is not a TI

-I do have a 1300W EVGA power supply.

-The processor is Intel I5, and I am only using this for mining Ethereum and nothing else. I have changed in the BIOS for the PCI slots to Gen 2.
-I also have the latest version of the Drivers from Nvidia downloaded.

Has anyone had this similar issue?

I know I should of purchased a brand new one to avoid this but it seemed like this guy takes care of his stuff, and was extremely knowledgeable and communicates with me. However he is not a Miner.

I am newish to mining and this was my first rig that I have built.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best,
Michael

Is it a LHR card? Then you need specific drivers/software to unlock more hashrate for ethmining. I specifically avoided lhr cards for this reason when shopping for 30 series cards.

Is it a LHR card? Then you need specific drivers/software to unlock more hashrate for ethmining. I specifically avoided lhr cards for this reason when shopping for 30 series cards.
I thought all founders edition cards, at least for the 3080, were non LHR.

30 is abnormally low. Usually a 3080 with cheap thermal pads will throttle down to the low 80s as the fans hit 100%. Even an LHR 3080 would be in the high 40’s I assume.

If you are on windows run GPU-Z and see what your memory temps are.

what are the model numbers of them. Usually it is someplace on the card, maybe by the PCI pins.

My understanding is that all of the newly made cards including FE cards with the exception of the 3090 model line are LHR. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Look up your card on whattomine and check which crypto is most profitable then mine that. Jumping on eth is not the most profitable for all cards, but you can always change the other coins back into eth later.

not to hijack thread but i am basically busy all month working days and nights is it still profitable to say use nicehash on my current system if i want this to earn some month instead of being offline.

Back