No way to make offline accounts to Windows?

We talked about it earlier in this thread that. It didn't work when I tried it. The only workaround was using the task manager to kill the screen.

Has anyone got the alt+F4 method to work?
Yes, I've read the entire thread and that included your previous post. Did you view the video? I encourage you to view the video and you will find that Alt+4 or killing a screen is not necessary. It's necessary to be connected to the internet to begin the install of Home, but when the screen to create a Microsoft account comes up you disconnect the ethernet connection and that allows you the click the back arrow in the upper left hand corner which brings you to the screen to enter a user name and click next where you create and verify a password. Then 3 security questions. The next 2 screens allow you to choose and accept your privacy setting. Watch the 8 minute video and give it a try.

Even if you're online, you can try to login to the Microsoft account "asdfasdf" with whatever password you want, which will fail and give you the option to create an offline account. I think this method works with any valid Microsoft account so long as the login attempt fails.

This is stupid. No one wants a online account.
You might be surprised how many people actually do use it, since it syncs everything across multiple devices, from windows and your browers and such.

Remember, the majority of windows users are not technical like us, they just sign in and say yes to everything they are asked with out a second thought to what they are actually doing.

You might be surprised how many people actually do use it, since it syncs everything across multiple devices, from windows and your browers and such.

Remember, the majority of windows users are not technical like us, they just sign in and say yes to everything they are asked with out a second thought to what they are actually doing.
You'd also be suprised at the number of people that use it without realizing they're using it as they just ticked the relevant box in the installer without understanding the repercussions and were manipulated into running a 'non limited account'. Then they ring me in a panic as they deleted a stack of files off their laptop and 40 days later they've just realized that the files are also missing off their desktop.

Mazzspeed yup! that too, MS is far too deceptive in how they do this. They did it with M365 subs if you have a home one. I signed in to activate with my account and there was a little check box "manage this computer" and suddenly i am having to us my MS account to login to windows...

Mazzspeed yup! that too, MS is far too deceptive in how they do this. They did it with M365 subs if you have a home one. I signed in to activate with my account and there was a little check box "manage this computer" and suddenly i am having to us my MS account to login to windows...
Yep, that's another of Microsoft's underhanded and manipulative little tricks. It's just awesome when the client doesn't actually know what the password is to their Microsoft account and they can't answer the three security questions - They can't log into their PC anymore, and they have no idea why, as they have no idea what they just did.

Back