No performance to this hih tech PC pls. help

chipsang

n00b
Hi Friends

I have got a query from one of my friend. He has built a very good workstation for graphics work ,but it is not giving performance and there is lagging issue.
What could be the cause for this , is higher ram to blame ?(CPU has to address higher channels I think and OS application might not be able to take advantage of higher ram)

config --
Intel Core i9 9980XE 3.0 Ghz 18 core ,24.75 MB ,165W CPU
Asus WSX299 Pro /SE motherboard
GSkill Trident 64GB ( 8X2) 4 Kits 3000 MHZ Dual Channel
Zotac RTX 2080i ,11GB DDR6 Twin Fan graphics card
Samsung 970 Pro 1 TB M.2 SSD
Antec HCG850W Gold SMPS
Cooler Master Case H500P
Antec CPU fan.

He is primarily using pc for Adobe products .

Thank you.

First of all, check the memory speed. That RAM might be running at only 2133 MHz by default. And the 9th-Gen HEDT CPUs officially support up to 2666 MHz memory speed (using JEDEC-only DIMM modules). Unfortunately, 3000 MHz RAM is considered memory overclocking, according to Intel. And running more than four DIMMs (one DIMM per channel) increases the loading on the IMC of that HEDT CPU; this will force a 2T (instead of 1T) command rate.

Also, check the CPU temperatures. The "Antec CPU fan" might be a decent AIO liquid cooler, or it (less likely) might be a cheapo fan that's totally inadequate for cooling any modern multicore CPU. And even if it were a decent AIO, the pump block on the CPU might have been mounted incorrectly or improperly.

Back