No Man's Sky - a procedurally generated sand box space exploration game

Yeah it seems wonky with my ultrawide. I'll have to tweak the settings.

I was just mopping up some asteroids and picked up an anomaly detector. Cut it loose and a borked interceptor dropped in, I followed, found the crash site, did about 15 minutes of walking through what I needed to do, and blamo.. I got me a fancy S class ship. I'll have to see what I can do to tweak this puppy, but certainly nice to look at and fun interface.

I thought I had to do multiplayer missions to get this. Guess not.

10.jpg

Good catch everyone. Seemed the auto settings were set to a wonky resolution. Fixed and it looks substantially better.

Been poking around a bit more and saw the pyramid's got a reskin.

11.jpg

Since reading is for nerds, I found the 'build your own ship' components are housed with the station ship upgrade guy. Pricey for bits, but at least it gives a reason for nanites.
(Ignore the bad texturing.. I was still tweaking graphics.)
12.jpg

A few sleepless nights so mindlessly grinding NMS at 5am. Came across my first 'Sentinel Tower'. That was neat and uneventful.

14.jpg

Also I found the granddaddy of salvaged artifacts.. a stone spoon.

13.jpg

I have to say, the 'two portable refineries duplication glitch' really boosted my spirits. I couldn't, for the life of me, grind enough freighter salvaged chits. I had my damned freighter for a month and couldn't get worthwhile upgrades. Thankfully that duplication situation helped exponentially increase my chits and I got things decked out as well as I wanted. Bless that silliness.

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 0
Digging up scrap and picked off a few infected sentinels. Seems those guys chuck out 'sentinel tower' things on the semi reg.

So second sentinel tower was much like the first, except this was the multitool option (first was like a C class something or another).

First time I'm seeing a "royal S class multitool". Unsure if there's any better stats but looks at lot like my ship so that's cool.

15.jpg

First time I'm seeing a "royal S class multitool". Unsure if there's any better stats but looks at lot like my ship so that's cool.
The different kinds of multi tools have different things they are good at. The wiki has full details. Royal ones are pretty good and of course S Class is best class.

A few more oddities while milling around when I can't sleep.

First up, new pet. So tiny with saddle bags and a tiny squid mouth. So here's Rudy my petite lap dog-squid. To capture how tiny this little bugger is here is a photo of him next to a container.
16.jpg

In a green star system I cam across a busted up 'old style' station. The entrance was rotating in colors.

17.jpg

The station text was glitchy, and the interior was all red.
18.jpg

There were only two side hallways - one with a trade station and the other with base teleporter. Both had atlas3 pass rooms. The initial rooms were broken up, and had alien growths on them like the abandoned buildings on some planets.
19.jpg

Back