[No Longer Available] 5700 XT $349 @ Dell, AE $369

I had one for a while. Plenty of reviews on temps and noise levels if you want objective info. Subjectively, with it sitting in a PC-O11 under my desk it was noticeable during gaming if I had the speakers down low. But it wasn't loud.

If your system is on your desk with nothing in between you and the fan, yeah, it might be a bit loud under load. But it wasn't as bad as the reference blower Vega cards.

That's a great price. Hardware Unboxed recently did a roundup between the 2070 and the 2070 Super. The 5700XT fits about right in between those cards. $150 less than they are is an incredible value.

That's a great price. Hardware Unboxed recently did a roundup between the 2070 and the 2070 Super. The 5700XT fits about right in between those cards. $150 less than they are is an incredible value.

Nah, 2070S is worth the extra money because of better performance and rtx/dlss 2.0. Getting a non-rtx card in 2020 is a waste of money.

Nah, 2070S is worth the extra money because of better performance and rtx/dlss 2.0. Getting a non-rtx card in 2020 is a waste of money.

No it isn't. The holy RTX Trinity of 5150Joker, Auer, and Snowdog like to spout this FUD in every thread. RTX/DLSS is available in a fraction of games. Maybe in 2021 or 2022 the story might be different.

No it isn't. The holy RTX Trinity of 5150Joker, Auer, and Snowdog like to spout this FUD in every thread. RTX/DLSS is available in a fraction of games. Maybe in 2021 or 2022 the story might be different.
Isn't that an Nvidia proprietary technology? If so, I thought both of the next gen consoles are to be AMD powered, and games tend to be heavily influenced by that.

I'm more concerned with driver complaints on the AMD side, has that all been ironed out by now?

Wrong. Rtx is a major feature from now on. If you're an amd fan, wait for big Navi which has it. Otherwise, get a GeForce card now.

Not sure if it's really worth the ugprade from a Vega64, although slightly lower power consumption and a having a new shiny PCI-E 4.0 card to put in a 4.0 slot sounds appealing...

Wrong, even consoles will have DXR support this year. Getting a non-DXR card right now is just foolish.

I got one of these when Dell was selling them for $330 for my system hooked up to a FreeSync TV. The blower wasn't nearly as bad as everyone has hyped it up to be. It's certainly not quiet either. In my situation though, I wanted the blower card due to the system being in an NCASE M1 case which benefits greatly from a blower.

Performance wise, I've been very happy. I run BFV at 4K Ultra and spend most of my gaming time at or about 60 FPS. Star Wars Fallen Order runs near 60 FPS at 1800P Ultra. Sonic Team Racing is an easy 4K Max settings, and Witcher 3 also runs well in 4K.

It also has been doing a great job with Folding at Home.

My only thought is that if you play any of the 4 games that have been optimized for DLSS 2.0, you might be better off with an Nvidia card. But, you will have to pay more to get there.

^^ Wow, Witcher 3 @ 4K runs well. You running any mods on it? That's really good performance. Very nice to hear.

Isn't that an Nvidia proprietary technology? If so, I thought both of the next gen consoles are to be AMD powered, and games tend to be heavily influenced by that.

I'm more concerned with driver complaints on the AMD side, has that all been ironed out by now?
RTX is just nvidia's version of hardware accelerated ray tracing, it ultimately still uses the same API's that AMD will be using only done differently.

Looks like only the 50th Anniversary Edition versions is available for $369 -> Still an outstanding price for the better binned version.

Wrong. Rtx is a major feature from now on. If you're an amd fan, wait for big Navi which has it. Otherwise, get a GeForce card now.

Buying a card now because "future games will have more support for this feature" is stupid. If someone is buying a card today they should purchase it based on what is out NOW not based on the future. Right now very few games use ray tracing (and only a couple actually use it well) and all of five titles use DLSS 2.0 (and only two of those are worth a damn).

Buying a card now because "future games will have more support for this feature" is stupid. If someone is buying a card today they should purchase it based on what is out NOW not based on the future. Right now very few games use ray tracing (and only a couple actually use it well) and all of five titles use DLSS 2.0 (and only two of those are worth a damn).

One only has to look at nvidia's August 2018 RTX presentation launch to see that. We've been waiting for 20 months for something that they made it sound like would happen immediately. As far as I'm concerned, you are buying for the rasterization performance and RTX is a bonus if you happen to play a game that is supported in some fashion or another. If you're buying for the rasterization performance, the 5700 series is better bang for the buck.

One only has to look at nvidia's August 2018 RTX presentation launch to see that. We've been waiting for 20 months for something that they made it sound like would happen immediately. As far as I'm concerned, you are buying for the rasterization performance and RTX is a bonus if you happen to play a game that is supported in some fashion or another. If you're buying for the rasterization performance, the 5700 series is better bang for the buck.

Yep. Not only is there no guarantee that launch console games will actually use ray-tracing, especially third party ones that will also launch on the PS4/XB1, but there is also no guarantee that those that do will retain RT support when/if they're ported over. 3rd party studios aren't going to go all in on RT until there are enough next gen consoles out there to justify doing so and MS' 1sty party studios might hold back just because they're also developing for the XB1 for an entire year after the SX launches. It will still likely be another year, or more, before RT performance really matters on the PC (if not longer). Ampere's RT performance will probably kick the shit out of Turing, which makes the whole "buy Turing right now for RT in the future" concept even more stupid.

Reactions: noko
like this
Back