Nitro Concepts S300 Gaming Chair Build

what you got going on with your hair under that hat? o_O

#geymayescapedgenmay

That thing doesn't look comfortable at all, unless you're looking to do some in-home dentistry.

Like the chair reviews. Like the straight talk about the quality of the chair.

Also like to see that I'm not the only one who has gotten a little grey in the beard.

Reactions: DocNo
like this
I still hate how cheap the arms look on these things. I remember having something similar on an office chair a bunch of years ago, after a bunch of use, they never locked into positions anymore. So they would just flop around and basically became a pain in the ass.

Also, at the head rest area, is that a hard chunk of plastic? Or is the head rest pillow suppose to cover that up.

I still hate how cheap the arms look on these things. I remember having something similar on an office chair a bunch of years ago, after a bunch of use, they never locked into positions anymore. So they would just flop around and basically became a pain in the ass.

Also, at the head rest area, is that a hard chunk of plastic? Or is the head rest pillow suppose to cover that up.
My head is well above the plastic trim piece. I have the head rest pillow on it now and it is quite comfortable. Really good lumbar support, have not tried it with the pillow yet, I think it will be too much.

Somebody needs to photoshop that Youtube thumbnail and put Kyle in a space shuttle launch.

i thought that screencap was him falling backwards off the chair.

kyle.jpg

Again with these chairs. Where have the armrests gone?

Again with these chairs. Where have the armrests gone?

You want to know how often I use an arm rest? Never for the arms, but use them to keep my ass in the chair. So yeah, where are the armrests?

I still think you'll get that build time down to 10 minutes since all these chairs are basically the same frame.

Curious how do you like those plastic wheels, I just swapped the wheels on my old chair to roller blade wheels cand couldn't be happier. My current chair is almost as old as the Ratpadz I still have in a drawer somewhere.

What is this, the third chair review? I believe its time to combine all of the chairs and make one ultimate Gaming Chair of Thrones. Melt headrests together, inlay some burned out P4's and Voodoo 5's....

We have fancy Herman Miller chairs at work and I've been hurting my back in my crap chairs at home. So, you've (and pain) inspired me to buy a fancy office chair, not a racing chair. Maybe you could get some reviews of office chairs in the mix too. I am not a YouTube personality, so you won't find me on there. If my snazzy new chair works out, I'll splurge on a decent desk too.

upload_2017-11-10_8-42-41.png

"Please don't tell anyone how I live." Lenny needs a computer.

this was an amusing video.. "watch kyle dick around on the floor" ;) still, interesting info and looking forward to the review!

stuck with pretty much whatever the bosses order for us unfortunately

Damn Kyle! There's some serious gray hair going on there brother! Good to see you man.

I'm currently trying an alternative experiment: The standing desk. This happens to be a built in arrangement, and it just happens to be the right height for my elbows (50"), and so far, even with one bad leg, I kinda like it.

It's inspired by an oil-and-gas attorney we know from south Texas who, at age 90(+!) is finally closing down his law practice. He's been using an arrangement like this, I guess, ever since leaving law school way back in the day (and long before PC's were ever a part of his setup). Of course his own worktop is about fifteen feet long, and is often crowded with reference materials (not to mention at least three large monitors) as I saw when I toured his office a year or so ago. Pretty slick.

I still have the auto-seat cockpit/projector rig for sim-racing located a few feet away, and still darken that part of the space as needed with a drop down curtain--same PC--but moved it further from the race rig, necessitating a few longer cables.

Given the bad leg, I also have a high stool/chair when needed, but I think I'm more efficient when I'm standing. At least so far. I won't fall asleep as often either as I occasionally do in the cockpit. Should also be configurable for "non-seated" VR, which was not very high on my priority list until recently (but that's another story).

Will need a week or more to be sure it's workable in the long run, but it's certainly been fun trying it.

Black Friday sale for this chair, $199.99. Guess I'll byte.

Got one, but I'll wait until I actually put my butt in it to comment. Sucker is heavy, probably pissed off ups, left it outside my door and didn't knock.

yep, mine anyway. I'm well within the weight limit of the chair.

yep, mine anyway. I'm well within the weight limit of the chair.
You mean that you are still using it over 2 years now?I just ordered one and i hope i like it.I ordered the fabric one because i dont like PU leather.

I got the fabric, too. No problems so far. Of course, ymmv.

Back