I didn't really know where to post this, anyone see that Capcom is doing cloud gaming/streaming for Resident Evil 2/3/7/8 on Switch?

Cloud gaming isn't new, but this feels like a different approach and more of an embrace to me when it's not coming from Google or Nvidia as an overall sales method of their product, but from a developer to overcome HW limitations of a console

I just found it interesting even if not new is all, video starts at the Switch/cloud part

I didn't really know where to post this, anyone see that Capcom is doing cloud gaming/streaming for Resident Evil 2/3/7/8 on Switch?

Cloud gaming isn't new, but this feels like a different approach and more of an embrace to me when it's not coming from Google or Nvidia as an overall sales method of their product, but from a developer to overcome HW limitations of a console

I just found it interesting even if not new is all, video starts at the Switch/cloud part

I know Hitman does it, and Control does it too. Not sure what else but those come to mind.

A few games are doing it now. Using an Nvidia Shield to stream from my PC, it handles 4k60 (though bandwidth usage is ridiculous), so the switch should be able to do 1080p60hz or 30hz with ease.

I personally will never pay for a cloud title, but ymmv.

A few games are doing it now. Using an Nvidia Shield to stream from my PC, it handles 4k60 (though bandwidth usage is ridiculous), so the switch should be able to do 1080p60hz or 30hz with ease.

I personally will never pay for a cloud title, but ymmv.

Using Moonlight on the SHIELD instead of the official GameStream app, you can control/adjust streaming bitrate

more of an embrace to me
Yes, lets take our console, marketed and designed for portability, and force people to connect to wifi to play it. Not to mention the awful laggyness. It's a desperate attempt for nintendo to get more 3rd party games, that is all.

I'm pretty sure it's not Nintendo's desperate attempt, but the actual publisher/developer of the games trying to milk the (absolutely massive) Switch Market. Nintendo hasn't made a single cloud game. 🤷
Likewise, they're doing so damn well with their own first party games - why would they?

Finally got my copy of Zombies and Ghoul patrol from limited run games (only took slightly over a year) now to find time to play the damn thing.

Same.

Completely the same, turned it on yesterday to update it for my upcoming trip, like i couldn't even scroll it was so bad. I figured it was my wifi.
I still have my Wii U and have been going to the eshop to see what sales they have going on (yeah I have like $22 in credit still :D ). It absolutely astounds me how much better the Wii U eshop performs than the Switch one. Scrolling is fast, smooth. Has catchy music. Switch is dull, boring, and is slow as hell.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
I'm pretty sure it's not Nintendo's desperate attempt, but the actual publisher/developer of the games trying to milk the (absolutely massive) Switch Market. Nintendo hasn't made a single cloud game. 🤷
Likewise, they're doing so damn well with their own first party games - why would they?
the switch has 16 cloud based titles technically the nes snes n64 and sega console games are also cloud based

In what technical way are they cloud based? No different than gamepass or ps+, those are not considered cloud services.
as it requires internet access to play them and the games stream to the switch so how is that not cloud based also the subscription service is needed and expansion to play 64 games

Yeah, the switch online classics are 100% emulators and roms that are downloaded locally to the switch and can be played offline.

I'd make a video of me turning off WiFi and playing one, but there's really no damn point.

They absolutely do not.

Do you even own a switch?
a first gen launch fully hackable one and i have not used the nes,snes,sega emulator much i just remember having to have a subscription to use it and need a extra pass for n64 so they download on demand and remain nested in the emulator that requires subscription

a first gen launch fully hackable one and i have not used the nes,snes,sega emulator much i just remember having to have a subscription to use it and need a extra pass for n64 so they download on demand and remain nested in the emulator that requires subscription
Yes, they require a subscription that you have to check online every few weeks. They are not cloud based(video stream) and can definitely be played offline for a few weeks before it requires a check-in.

My kid broke the joy con on one of the switch. I also saw that Bayonetta 3 released and I haven’t played Bayonetta 2 and 3 because it was switch only.

So because I am going on a business trip I ordered Bayonetta 2 and 3. Also got code for 1. Will be playing through all 3 games. Also got a new joy con set and a power adapter.

Going all out. Just did prologue of 2 and damn I had forgotten what I was missing. So good.

My kid broke the joy con on one of the switch. I also saw that Bayonetta 3 released and I haven’t played Bayonetta 2 and 3 because it was switch only.

So because I am going on a business trip I ordered Bayonetta 2 and 3. Also got code for 1. Will be playing through all 3 games. Also got a new joy con set and a power adapter.

Going all out. Just did prologue of 2 and damn I had forgotten what I was missing. So good.

Highly recommended! I think out of the three of them, 2 is my favorite, then 3, then 1. 3 is more like 2, but with a lot more characters, demon-summons, etc. Very enjoyable so far, but I also felt like 2 was the sweet spot. (though it did have one very annoying character that was a big part of the game) Overall though, these are highly entertaining games. Enjoy!

Reactions: SoFGR
like this
New Mario Kart 8 tracks are live now. They're pretty typical MK tracks and some are better than others. While I initially didn't mind them going ham with new MK8 content, I've grown really bored with it. The game itself is the limiting factor and no amount of new tracks can freshen up the base game. Dare I say it, but we need another Double Dash type of game to turn the (mostly okay) formula on its head again.

New Mario Kart 8 tracks are live now. They're pretty typical MK tracks and some are better than others. While I initially didn't mind them going ham with new MK8 content, I've grown really bored with it. The game itself is the limiting factor and no amount of new tracks can freshen up the base game. Dare I say it, but we need another Double Dash type of game to turn the (mostly okay) formula on its head again.
Double Dash fucking ruled.

I got MK8 in 2015 on the Wii U. I had fun with it and enjoyed the HD remasters of old tracks as well as the zero G mode on the new tracks. That being said, it's basically a 9 year old game at this point and I totally get how folks would be getting tired of it.

Honestly, this is why I mainly play old games now. Pokemon style annualizing just doesn't appeal to me much which is where most of Nintendo's big franchises seem to be headed on the Switch. Smash, Splatoon, Mario Maker, Mario Kart and now even BotW seem to be adopting the practice of re-releasing the same base game with cosmetic changes and then a whole bunch of updates/DLC. Honestly, my 7 year old Wii U experiences basically still have me feeling fairly up-to-date with these franchises. I mean, what has really changed in the new Splatoon or Smash other than more characters/weapons/etc? Mario Odyssey was almost enough to get me to buy a Switch, I wish that the Switch had more of these types of original masterpieces and less of the former.

Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity is pretty awesome. The combat is just over the top insane. This isn't like grade A mainline game stuff but it is pretty good Zelda filler material until TotK hits. Love it.

I got MK8 in 2015 on the Wii U. I had fun with it and enjoyed the HD remasters of old tracks as well as the zero G mode on the new tracks. That being said, it's basically a 9 year old game at this point and I totally get how folks would be getting tired of it.

Honestly, this is why I mainly play old games now. Pokemon style annualizing just doesn't appeal to me much which is where most of Nintendo's big franchises seem to be headed on the Switch. Smash, Splatoon, Mario Maker, Mario Kart and now even BotW seem to be adopting the practice of re-releasing the same base game with cosmetic changes and then a whole bunch of updates/DLC. Honestly, my 7 year old Wii U experiences basically still have me feeling fairly up-to-date with these franchises. I mean, what has really changed in the new Splatoon or Smash other than more characters/weapons/etc? Mario Odyssey was almost enough to get me to buy a Switch, I wish that the Switch had more of these types of original masterpieces and less of the former.
You just described the reason we have a switch lite and not a switch. Our Wii U basically gives us the same experience sans a couple of games. Mario odyssey may convince me to get one though.

Reactions: gvx64
like this
Lara Croft because why not. If solid snake can be in a game then so can she.
If Square-Enix hadn't sold of Eidos to Embracer Group, I'd say it was possible. Now, not so sure.

I'm pretty happy with Samus, Zelda, and Peach. But since MGS was involked, one could put many of the colorful characters from MGS. Meryl could be in there, but some of the villains like Fortune or Sniper Wolf could perhaps be more interesting.

I once read a post saying that Nintendo drags down the rest of the gaming industry and are just as anti-consumer as Activision and Ubisoft.

Yeah, no. That person is full of shit. Even at their worst, Nintendo is NOWHERE NEAR as bad as Ubisoft or Activision. Having a lackluster online service isn't even in the same universe as having a work environment that fosters SEXUAL ABUSE, to the point of a female employee COMMITTING SUICIDE.

Nintendo's nowhere near as bad as the companies that use lootboxes and other microtransactions that SPECIFICALLY target neurodivergent people. Fuck off with your false equivalence bullshit.

Any of you know of good replacement black ABXY buttons for the pro controller that have the ABXY letters brightly printed on them? Or a LED kit for just the ABXY buttons?

Any of you know of good replacement black ABXY buttons for the pro controller that have the ABXY letters brightly printed on them? Or a LED kit for just the ABXY buttons?
Etsy.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/cbcustomsgaming?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=877396110
I've used stuff from this store for my complete switch faceplate/button rebuild. The items themselves are fantastic, dealing with all the ribbon cables in the joycons SUCKS.

If you're going to be opening up a controller, I highly recommend replacing the joystick with Hall-Effect sensor joysticks while you're at it. Just to save you trouble in the future.
Doesn't look like they're available for the pro controller yet.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPS1R5D...D27XAFRDSDVWEFMQ&tag=kinjagizmodolink-20&th=1

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Etsy.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/cbcustomsgaming?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=877396110
I've used stuff from this store for my complete switch faceplate/button rebuild. The items themselves are fantastic, dealing with all the ribbon cables in the joycons SUCKS.

If you're going to be opening up a controller, I highly recommend replacing the joystick with Hall-Effect sensor joysticks while you're at it. Just to save you trouble in the future.
Doesn't look like they're available for the pro controller yet.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPS1R5D...D27XAFRDSDVWEFMQ&tag=kinjagizmodolink-20&th=1
Thank you. Both my joycons and pro controller have been opened. Atomic purple cases(same with switch back), joycon thumbstick replacement. Not too worried about opening them again. I saw tthe hall-effect ones for he joy cons. I be buying those when my joycons thumbsticks need replacing again. Haven't seen any for the pro controller yet though.

Edit. Took a look at the etsy page. Lots of replacement buttons, but like all others they are not a printed letter, just engraved. Im looking for something like this:
71pNXhQmfiL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Image is from a 3rd party controller. I know I could get a led kit but the purple shell is much clearer then the normal one and I dont want the shine back. I may end up seeing if I can just paint the letters on. Poor eye sight and worse night vision blows

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have never owned the first version of the Switch. But from what I have seen about it in youtube videos: IMO, compared to a day 1 model, the OLED screen is quite a bit better. And I think the upgrade is good, compared to an first version Switch.

Compared to the refreshed standard model, which has a better screen (brighter and much more accurate color calibration) and is more battery efficient, I think the OLED is a small upgrade. Which I had to do side-by-side comparisons with the same games, to really find clear improvements. They try to trick you a bit, by using a really saturated color profile. You can switch to a more natural/accurate profile.

The improvements are mostly in darker scenes. But overall, I wouldn't rush to replace a refreshed model Switch.
The reason I had one in hand, is because I bought one for my last partner. One of her kids spilled fish sauce all over her Animal Crossing edition Switch.
I decided to stay with my refreshed model Switch.

I couldn't care less about the screen. Never used it in portable mode. I rather have a more powerful stand alone system but at this point Nintendo is not getting anymore of my money.

I have a day 1 launch switch, I even rebuilt it once (you can see it somewhere earlier in the thread) and I've been holding off on getting an OLED in a foolish hope of a Switch 2 or Pro for quite a few years now.

I'll likely bite and end up buying a Tears of the Kingdom themed switch irregardless of what kind of model it is though.

My switch has been getting a TON of use these past few weeks, Persona 3, 4 and 5, Metroid Prime Remaster, Theatrythm, a couple other smaller games like Lil Gator Game, Sonic Origins, love the thing.

Back