Nicehash inconsistency

Bigbacon

Fully [H]
So with my 1080ti ive been using the quick miner which got me 37 whatevers on dahgerhashimoto. Profitibility was very consistant.

I switxhed to the normal miner today and with the pill thing active it was producing way better but then it became very inconsistant. I have a laptop with a 1060 going and its solid on its performance.

The 1080 seems to skip around to other algorithms where the 1060 stays on dagger.

My 1080 can go from 7 dollars per 24 hours to 2 dollars. Its all over the place.

Is that normal? The quick miner didnt produce nearly as well but the profits were consistent.

So with my 1080ti ive been using the quick miner which got me 37 whatevers on dahgerhashimoto. Profitibility was very consistant.

I switxhed to the normal miner today and with the pill thing active it was producing way better but then it became very inconsistant. I have a laptop with a 1060 going and its solid on its performance.

The 1080 seems to skip around to other algorithms where the 1060 stays on dagger.

My 1080 can go from 7 dollars per 24 hours to 2 dollars. Its all over the place.

Is that normal? The quick miner didnt produce nearly as well but the profits were consistent.
Turn off the algorithms you don’t want to allow.
My experience is that overall - if it’s stable the average will be fine or even a bit more profitable overall by leaving them enabled because you can take advantage of temporary high value contracts for alt coins, but you can turn off everything except daggerhashimoto excavator if you want consistency or the most stability.

Turn off the algorithms you don’t want to allow.
My experience is that overall - if it’s stable the average will be fine or even a bit more profitable overall by leaving them enabled because you can take advantage of temporary high value contracts for alt coins, but you can turn off everything except daggerhashimoto excavator if you want consistency or the most stability.

Ok, i just let it bench mark and do its thing.

Might as well go back to quick miner

My 1080ti doesnt seems to perform as well as it should and ive done what most things say. Shoukd be in the 45ish rangr but it maxes at 37

My 1080ti doesnt seems to perform as well as it should and ive done what most things say. Shoukd be in the 45ish rangr but it maxes at 37
With the full client 48MHs is easy on a 1080Ti

Try these settings with MSI afterburner:
+ 585Mhz memory
+ 125 core
75% power target

enable ETH enlargement pill in the settings menu, and run the Nicehash client as admin (right click run as admin)

I have all algos disabled besides Pheonix and NBminer for dagger. Consistent on my 1080.

With the full client 48MHs is easy on a 1080Ti

Try these settings with MSI afterburner:
+ 585Mhz memory
+ 125 core
75% power target

enable ETH enlargement pill in the settings menu, and run the Nicehash client as admin (right click run as admin)

I had power at 80, mem at plus 750 and core plus 150.

Pill was enabked and running in admin. The payout is all over the place

Quick miner doesnt seem to allow the pill

Not sure if you are having the same issue I did it not. When enabling ethpill I wouldn't see a difference. I had to manually open it after starting the miner. Both with admin rights.

Don’t look at the payout. Look at the hashrate
1616981673065.jpeg

What is your hashrate. Try the settings I listed. I had over a dozen 1080TI at one point. They all did that hashrate without issue, at those settings.

go to the benchmark tab, and use the slider to turn off algorithms you don’t want.

Don’t look at the payout. Look at the hashrate
View attachment 343039

What is your hashrate. Try the settings I listed. I had over a dozen 1080TI at one point. They all did that hashrate without issue, at those settings.

go to the benchmark tab, and use the slider to turn off algorithms you don’t want.

Yea i can never get above 37

I'm telling you, your ethpill isn't working. When I run nicehash on my 1080, and select ethpill in the options, my MH/s doesn't change. So I downloaded it manually and I run it as admin AFTER starting the miner.

If I start it before the miner my system is unstable. Not sure why, but whatever.

So, in steps.

1. Overclock my card. Set power limits and fan profile.
2. Open nicehash and start mining (as administrator)
3. Run ethpill from its folder (also as administrator)
4. ???
5. Profit

Make sure this is turned on for 1080ti under settings in Nicehash client.
1616982483239.png

That’s should pop up this window while mining daggerhashimoto. This tells you the ETH enlargement pill is active. That should be it. Nothing else to do. If it’s still not getting 48MHs then check your temps, try a different driver, reboot etc.

1616982636194.png

Make sure this is turned on for 1080ti under settings in Nicehash client.
View attachment 343045
That’s should pop up this window while mining daggerhashimoto. This tells you the ETH enlargement pill is active. That should be it. Nothing else to do. If it’s still not getting 48MHs then check your temps, try a different driver, reboot etc.

View attachment 343046

That was on but no window. Ran it manually but no change.

Tempnis solid at 37c

That was on but no window. Ran it manually but no change.
Yeah no ETH enlargement pill widow then it’s not working correctly. Reboot. Run client as admin. That’s all I got. It always just worked for me. Ask around on Reddit perhaps.

ok so this morning it seems to have decided to work.....no clue why. I didn't restart it or anything after last night. Its hitting 44 now using dagger only.

And the cards temps have dropped a bunch too. it was a solid 37C now its mining more and solid 33C. bwteen the 1080 and 1060 i'm pulling like .00009 to .00012 per 24/hrs.

I use gminer with eth on NH, it's consistent and gets better payouts on my rigs. On eth you don't need much, if any, core OC. Just OC the mem as high as it will go with 70% power - should easily be around 650, I've seen guys go as high as 900. Without upping power I can do 44 Mh/s on eth with gminer (and the pill) .

PS, you're a brave man mining with a laptop.

ok so this morning it seems to have decided to work.....no clue why. I didn't restart it or anything after last night. Its hitting 44 now using dagger only.

And the cards temps have dropped a bunch too. it was a solid 37C now its mining more and solid 33C. bwteen the 1080 and 1060 i'm pulling like .00009 to .00012 per 24/hrs.
In about 24 hours I have 0.000125 on a single 1080. I would be interested to see your daily with it running properly.

I am getting .0001832 per day on a 3080 at 101mh/s atm.
I am at the 0.000125 I mentioned earlier at about 21 hours. I started it yesterday at 2:30 but turned it off for about 3 hours so my kids could play some games in the evening. Clearly I'm doing alright then.

I am at the 0.000125 I mentioned earlier at about 21 hours. I started it yesterday at 2:30 but turned it off for about 3 hours so my kids could play some games in the evening. Clearly I'm doing alright then.
I should be doing more then twice what your 1080 is doing.

I use gminer with eth on NH, it's consistent and gets better payouts on my rigs. On eth you don't need much, if any, core OC. Just OC the mem as high as it will go with 70% power - should easily be around 650, I've seen guys go as high as 900. Without upping power I can do 44 Mh/s on eth with gminer (and the pill) .

PS, you're a brave man mining with a laptop.

Yes...I have it propped up on some blocks with a little fan blowing on it. I mean, the laptop sits there unused except when my wife uses it to pay bills or we are away from home. so why not. It hasn't melted yet!

my current thing.

nicehash.jpg

So, I am finally at 24 hours continuous mining on the 1080. I managed 0.001402 eth.

1080 running a +200 mem, 75 power limit and eth pill.

here is another fun one for you.

So my laptop has been mining for days now. no problems, sitting at 42-43C and its been fine.

I moved it today to another run, windows did some update and all of a sudden, when mining, the GPU is MASSIVELY overclocked. default is 1400 core, 2000 mem. Core can boost to 1600.

When mining now its at like almost 1800 core and 3800 on the memory!!! I don't have afterburner or anything running and I've made zero changes to the nicehash miner. If I run something like furmark, it reports the normal gpu speeds. temps are up 20C now. I don't get it. Afterburner won't even let me down clock it to default speeds.

here is another fun one for you.

So my laptop has been mining for days now. no problems, sitting at 42-43C and its been fine.

I moved it today to another run, windows did some update and all of a sudden, when mining, the GPU is MASSIVELY overclocked. default is 1400 core, 2000 mem. Core can boost to 1600.

When mining now its at like almost 1800 core and 3800 on the memory!!! I don't have afterburner or anything running and I've made zero changes to the nicehash miner. If I run something like furmark, it reports the normal gpu speeds. temps are up 20C now. I don't get it. Afterburner won't even let me down clock it to default speeds.
Remove widows updates and see if it still happens - or reinstall GPu drivers

and my 1080 is back to being slow again even with pill running. was 44 now back stuck at 32. stuff is really stating to make me angry.
its as fast as my 1060 is right now. daily profitability is cut in half pretty much/.

edit:
didn't realize BTC got hammered today.....which is also part of it.

Last edited:
BTC getting hammered does not always matter, you are not mining BTC, you are selling hash power to mine ETH basically and convert to BTC What it reports from your computer, should always remain the same, my RX6800 stays solid at 62 - it is on the nicehash site side that may vary.

Back