Nexus M ( 2015 ) Smartphone

IIRC, VZW told people with non-carrier flag'd devices that when their contract was up they could not renew what they already had...so things like grandfathered unlimited data and so on are endangered. Been a while since I read about it, so I'm operating on memory.

Ahh, well they dropped contracts altogether in August already. My friend has been getting phones off-contract for the past few years to keep unlimited data too, one of the main reasons to get the X Pure since it's relatively affordable at full retail price. I've been renewing my contracts with unlimited data though by transferring my upgrades to another line so I can get a new phone on contract pricing while guaranteeing I'll keep unlimited data until my contract expires.

But at this point I don't think Verizon cares much about the few of us left on Unlimited. If they wanted to kick everyone off of it, they would have already, IMO. I'm sure they know that if they kick everyone that's off-contract and still on unlimited, they'll defect to another carrier since that's the only thing keeping them on Verizon even if they do have worse service/coverage elsewhere.

As I feared the Nexus 6P WILL NOT have a SD Slot...
http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...be-a-microsd-card-slot-in-the-nexus-5x-or-6p/

I should have known better....

More bad news....No OIS on either phones
http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/0...-6p-cameras-lack-optical-image-stabilization/

Now....back to the Moto X Pure!!!!

Yeah, I posted all this on the last page as well as no wireless charging :p.

2GB RAM confirmed on the 5X as well. X Pure here I come. :D

We'll have to see how the first reviews come out, but both of these look decidedly underwhelming.

The new 5X trades away qi and the bigger size for front speakers, type-C, more powerful SoC, presumably better build quality, more/faster LTE bands, and the fingerprint reader.
It keeps the no mSD, keeps the 1080p screen, keeps the 2GB RAM, keeps the non-removable battery...

I'm honestly not sure I'm willing to trade qi for those things. Its close, I'll still consider getting one (probably? Maybe?), but its not the slam dunk it would have been with qi and 3GB of RAM.
I need a new laptop more than I need a new phone. I'll probably take the $500 earmarked for a new nexus and put it into the skylake ultrabook stash instead.

Is wireless charging that expensive. I can do without it (never had it), but it's just stupid to lose a feature.

I'm just worried about how there's going to be shit stock and how changing to the 6P might affect my unlimited data plan on Verizon.

Get the Nexus 6 for $350 while you can. I get the feeling that when the next 2 are released, people will see that they weren't really worth the wait and will grab the old 6 at the already heavily discounted price.

Is wireless charging that expensive. I can do without it (never had it), but it's just stupid to lose a feature.

I'm just worried about how there's going to be shit stock and how changing to the 6P might affect my unlimited data plan on Verizon.

Qi is built into the SoC...from there is it just a set of copper coils. For mass production, you're talking at a guess pennies to a dollar per unit to implement.

Get the Nexus 6 for $350 while you can. I get the feeling that when the next 2 are released, people will see that they weren't really worth the wait and will grab the old 6 at the already heavily discounted price.

Yeah, I think the old 6 supply is going to disappear after tomorrow.
I am SOOO tempted to get one, but I am still thinking the pure is better. I am torn.

No phone will affect your Verizon data plan unless you move to a non-smart phone or buy a new phone on that line on-contract (which isn't available anymore) or on Verizon's payment plans. Any unlocked phone you buy outside of the carrier (or authorized dealer) and financed through them won't affect your data plan at all.

Yeah, I think the old 6 supply is going to disappear after tomorrow.
I am SOOO tempted to get one, but I am still thinking the pure is better. I am torn.

I've seen a few comparison vids between the two phones and they pretty much all prefer the Moto X even after they acknowledged that you can get a N6 now for $300-$350. I think I agree with them, not because the X has any better specs (which it doesn't really, they're about equal with all the trade-offs), but because of the size and comfort of using it in the hand. Plus I really like having expandable storage and all the complaints about the N6's yellow screen is pretty discouraging.

I've seen a few comparison vids between the two phones and they pretty much all prefer the Moto X even after they acknowledged that you can get a N6 now for $300-$350. I think I agree with them, not because the X has any better specs (which it doesn't really, they're about equal with all the trade-offs), but because of the size and comfort of using it in the hand. Plus I really like having expandable storage and all the complaints about the N6's yellow screen is pretty discouraging.

Yeah I just watched some and I agree the mxpe seems superior in every way.
I may order my mxpe tomorrow.

No phone will affect your Verizon data plan unless you move to a non-smart phone or buy a new phone on that line on-contract (which isn't available anymore) or on Verizon's payment plans. Any unlocked phone you buy outside of the carrier (or authorized dealer) and financed through them won't affect your data plan at all.

Run a non stock ROM and say bye to yellow screen. Seriously that problem was addressed 6 months ago

Run a non stock ROM and say bye to yellow screen. Seriously that problem was addressed 6 months ago

I've seen several other N6 owners say otherwise in article comments. Seems like a display lottery I guess. But I've read where others rooted/ROM'd to fix it and never could get the screen really white. So not worth the crap shoot, IMO. I love AMOLED as much as the next guy, but I'll take a brighter IPS that requires little to no calibration/tinkering to look decent than a sub-par AMOLED that you have to tweak on to look right.

Has the color temperature of the N6's screen actually been measured to be far below 65K? A lot of people think 65K is "yellow" because they are too used to cooler temperatures.

Happy Nexus day, I expect every serf in geekdom to exhale a disappointed sigh when it is over.

I also expect Zorachus to want to get a Nexus 6P after the announcements...

Honestly, the Nexus 6P still looks compelling to me. Though I'll admit that, compared to Moto X Pure, I don't know if the extra $100 is worth it for what the 6P gives you, which is AMOLED, a bigger battery, a more powerful SoC (which may offset the bigger battery), and updates direct from Google. It MIGHT give you a better camera as well, at least in low light, since its using a bigger-than-normal pixel size (lack of hardware OIS is a wash since the MXP doesn't have that either).

If battery life is AT LEAST as good and the screen and camera are better than the Moto X Pure then I could be convinced to swallow the $100 since I'm getting tired of owning phones that aren't well supported, especially with the growing number of security vulnerabilities being discovered. Hardware features like wireless charging or a microSD card slot aren't terribly important to me right now. And to be quite honest, if I was prioritizing hardware features over software support, I wouldn't even consider the 6P or the MXP. I'd just grab a Note 5 and be done with it (and its taking a lot to resist that temptation).

Why is everyone so disappointed with the 6p? It's gonna have Octacore, 3450mah battery, 3gb ram, and choice of 32, 64, or 128gb probably in $50 increments starting at 499. I have an s6 and the battery life is horrible. That's why I wamt the nexus 6p with that big 3450mah battery.

"Everyone" is not disappointed in the Nexus 6P... Some might be disappointed in the 6P rumors however. But I will not judge the phone until reviews come out. Who knows if Marshmallow will solve one of the biggest problems with Android, battery life. If the 6P lasts all day with real world usage, I will get one. I don't care to root phones to get rid of bloat or to solve problems with the phone. Getting quick OTA updates is far more important to me than hardware.

If anything, everyone is disappointed every time Samsung launches a phone without a pure Google edition...

I have galaxy s6 and regret getting it actually. It's a fast phone but battery life sucks fat c$#k and no rom support what so ever. I had a g2 and the rom support was awesome. I value the software and Rom support and updates and most important battery life more than hardware. I'm torn getting a moto x pure with 6core (downgrade vs s6?) with 3000mah battery and SD card support or the nexus 6p with 8core and 3450 battery and no SD... Not a biggie don't need more than 32gb really. The nexus has the big pixel size so low light shots would be sweet.... What do you think? Moto x pure or 6p?

That's the dilemma I find myself in as well. I've all but decided to skip the 5X.

Software, yeah, I want the Nexus upgrades, as I love that on my N5, but that MXPE is really tempting.

The moto x pure is tempting too, but with s6 being 8 core, going to 6 core on moto x pure seems like downgrading but real world probably can't tell at all, but with that you gain less power consumption and also a way bigger battery so battery life is probably awesome which is important to me. I've always loved the nexus idea and support and with the large pixels 12.3 mp all they could cram in so has to sacrifice mp to gain low light ability which is probably more important cause the tiny pin hole camera on phones means nothing without good light even with high mp. I think I like the 6p. Either 6p or mxpe will be an upgrade compared to the s6 I think. Can't decide

I will wait for true hands on reviews on the 6P before possibly buying one.

Plus this thing will most likely sell out in 2 minutes and be out of stock.

Pricing is great. Problem is not sold by carriers. I'm fucked because I have my JUMP. Google just alienated many of their users by doing what they did.

Yup. I have a Nexus 5 and while I don't NEED to upgrade, I would have if these were available through carrier. So no business from me :)

I thinking I'm going Moto X Pure. It ticks a few more boxes for me.

It's been fun guys.

Enjoy your Nexus'.

Pricing is great. Problem is not sold by carriers. I'm fucked because I have my JUMP. Google just alienated many of their users by doing what they did.

It has to happen sooner or later. This is much better for the consumer in the long-run even if some people will have to wait an additional cycle to upgrade as a result of it.

So when is someone going to go on record with what USB revision this thing is running?

Everyone says nothing more informative than Type-C...which means squat in terms of charging or bandwidth

Preorder;
https://store.google.com/category/phones

Shows 5 weeks out for delivery, so the Nexus 6P is an early November release.

I have the T-Mobile Note 5, rooted and ROM'd so no hurry to get the 6P right now. Plus I'm on ' Jump on Demand ' and the Nexus line not being sold through carriers anymore, so more of a reason to pass right now.

Plus I want to see real world reviews of this phone first. I'd rather wait a bit, see if any bugs need to be ironed out first, and wait for ROM's to start getting created, etc... No hurry to be first in line here. Plus my current Note 5 is a beast :) :)

Last edited:
Back