Newegg Wanfest

sirmonkey1985

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010
figure there are some of you hard core gamers out there and want to win some free stuff.. ya might want to check this out if you havent already..

http://wanfest.newegg.com/

Newegg is back with the Summer Wanfest series of online tournaments sponsored by AMD, with over $25,000 in prizes up for grabs! The Newegg Wanfest events are FREE to compete in and are open to everyone living in the United States or Canada. Sign-up now for your chance to compete in the following events:

• NHL ’09 (1v1) on Xbox 360 starts June 29th
  • Street Fighter IV (1v1) on Xbox 360 starts June 29th
  • Counter-Strike 1.6 (5v5) on PC starts July 6th
  • Dawn of War 2 (1v1) on PC starts July 6th
  • Gears of War 2 (4v4) on Xbox 360 starts July 13th
  • Left 4 Dead (4v4) on PC starts July 13th

I've been waiting for them to do a lanfest 2008 and 2009 and still nothing.:rolleyes:

anyone up for a team for CS1.6?

havent played in awhile but since it is free...wanna try!?

i am in NY!

anyone up for a team for CS1.6?

havent played in awhile but since it is free...wanna try!?

i am in NY!

Im also in NY and would like to play. I've been playing on and off for years but never in a competition. I consider myself to be pretty good. Let me know if you want to start a team or join one.

Damn why won't CS 1.6 die already? TF2? Something else...gawd

sadly CS 1.6 is far better then CSS.. CSS has been designed to be noob friendly and its quite annoying and boring to play.. while CS 1.6 has stayed competitive for the more advanced player.. i still think CS 1.5 was the best out of all of them though..

L4D could be interesting, At minimum I would get to play an entire game without rage quiters and Hackers.

sadly CS 1.6 is far better then CSS.. CSS has been designed to be noob friendly and its quite annoying and boring to play.. while CS 1.6 has stayed competitive for the more advanced player.. i still think CS 1.5 was the best out of all of them though..

no way cs 1.3 was the best :D

so it's
blottingpaper
P!rate
ResidentEvil
SamOps03

one more and i will just sign up for a spot!

just for fun this summer!

hows 1.6 far better "than" CSS?

and how is CSS designed to be noob friendly?

as I play both game and play in CEVO, they both feel quite the same beside 1.6 got shield and CSS does not... and one with better graphic....

as from what I am seeing, people who still play 1.6 refuse to accept the something that is better... also most 1.6 players still play on some slow computers, one big reason people still stay on 1.6...nothing more..

i dont even think cevo allows shields, and neither does any server these days.
And graphics have nothing to do when playing a competitive online game.
Your arguments dont prove that 1.6 is not any better.
IMO the "noob friendly" part of css to me is the weird hitboxes and random spray hs.

i dont even think cevo allows shields, and neither does any server these days.
And graphics have nothing to do when playing a competitive online game.
Your arguments dont prove that 1.6 is not any better.
IMO the "noob friendly" part of css to me is the weird hitboxes and random spray hs.

1.6 is not any better in any possible way you can think of..

and no, I have rarely seen random spray hs, not even a kill....

I find 1.6 are more accurate than CS Source from my experience... or that just me...

sorry, but you actually have to aim in cs 1.6 compared to the spray and pray method of css

so it's
blottingpaper
P!rate
ResidentEvil
SamOps03

one more and i will just sign up for a spot!

just for fun this summer!

Yes! Lets do this, we need one more guys. We will need to practice as a team before we play so lets get this going.

i would join in on that 5 man team if it were weekends only.. I dont have time on the weekdays :(

im still debating wether i should buy CS too.. i realized its cs 1.6 not css :S, i fail, but yea, itd be cool, too bad its not cod4 :(

id join in but i threw away all my halflife 1 and 2 discs and my CSS disc.. got sick of the games had no reason to keep them..

sorry guys (whoever pm me or said to join)...the tournament is during the weekdays. I could only do during weekends..ooppsie...

excitement overwhelms rationality!

OH, it says WANfest and not WANGfest. Sorry, I just came from the BJ's Blu-Ray Sale thread in the HotDeals section.

Because it is by far the best competitive team based game ever made?

tribes
q2ctf

If you've ever been a part of or seen a high-level q2ctf match when it was at its peak, I don't think you'd be making that statement. I don't dislike cs either. I played from 1.1 (or 1.2 I can't remember) on, and I still do occasionally.

Most popular competitive team based game ever made? Yes. Best? No.

hows 1.6 far better "than" CSS?

and how is CSS designed to be noob friendly?

as I play both game and play in CEVO, they both feel quite the same beside 1.6 got shield and CSS does not... and one with better graphic....

as from what I am seeing, people who still play 1.6 refuse to accept the something that is better... also most 1.6 players still play on some slow computers, one big reason people still stay on 1.6...nothing more..
There are huge differences between the two games. Guns/Recoil, Flashbangs, Smokes, and the fact that you can shoot trough walls in 1.6, among other things. You'd think that a person who has played both games competitively "in cevo" would notice these things as they are imperative to how you run your strats.

How is CSS noob friendly?
Well, the hitboxes are quite a lot bigger, and the guns have less recoil. The spray patterns are also not the same every time, adding a random element to the game that in my opinion has no place in a competitive game (ala TF2 crits, which is why they are disabled in ESEA League). 1.6 takes a lot more skill than Source.

My opinion isn't biased, as I have played both games at a moderate competitive level (CAL-M 1.6 and CEVO-M/CAL-M for Source). That being said, even though I like 1.6 more. I still find myself playing Source more often, probably because my CRT monitor broke and 1.6 is god awful (IMO) if you don't have one.

There are huge differences between the two games. Guns/Recoil, Flashbangs, Smokes, and the fact that you can shoot trough walls in 1.6, among other things. You'd think that a person who has played both games competitively "in cevo" would notice these things as they are imperative to how you run your strats.

How is CSS noob friendly?
Well, the hitboxes are quite a lot bigger, and the guns have less recoil. The spray patterns are also not the same every time, adding a random element to the game that in my opinion has no place in a competitive game (ala TF2 crits, which is why they are disabled in ESEA League). 1.6 takes a lot more skill than Source.

My opinion isn't biased, as I have played both games at a moderate competitive level (CAL-M 1.6 and CEVO-M/CAL-M for Source). That being said, even though I like 1.6 more. I still find myself playing Source more often, probably because my CRT monitor broke and 1.6 is god awful (IMO) if you don't have one.

Its not a random element, it is how it suppose to be originally..

and I do find 1.6 more easier than Source, in terms of killing faster...
at least thats what happen to me, I find myself more accurate in 1.6..

they both are quite the same for me...
in general, I really don't find 1.6 is any better than source..
people have different taste among the games...

also, I do find Source to be more challenging throughout my experience on CEVO and ESEA.

Aww I missed the NHL 09 registration deadline!!

I own all of the other games, but I'm not nearly good enough in any of them to have a shot at winning.

Aww I missed the NHL 09 registration deadline!!

I own all of the other games, but I'm not nearly good enough in any of them to have a shot at winning.

cant hurt to try though anyways.. can it?

My personal opinion is different from yours so I am right and everyone else sucks! :rolleyes:

Come on guys, go thread crap elsewhere.

Cool that they are putting on the tournaments. Too bad I have no time for it :( I would get in on the L4D game although I am not very good at it lol.

Yes! Lets do this, we need one more guys. We will need to practice as a team before we play so lets get this going.

Count me in as well, i recently started playing CSS again but CS1.6 is just fine for me,. Can i get that for free from Steam?

Back