Newegg Shuffle going bezerk

viscountalpha

2[H]4U
Looks like there's a TON of stuff on newegg shuffle right now, but a single 3070 graphics card. What the heck is going on? Why is there all those other weird items like laptops and strange, not sought after items? why is the timing all weird on this?

Woohoo!
1621944352502.png

I think they fucked me yesterday. I specifically didn't pick the 6700XT and that's the bundle I "won." I ended up not buying it.

Nah they're just annoying their longstanding customers with all this junk.

They think that because the shuffle is "popular" they should start using it for everything when actually, most people only check it to get something they can't get elsewhere, not something on sale.

I could understand if they slipped in a good deal on a gaming laptop or something like that, but they literally spammed like 50 items that were mostly irrelevant.

There was a 5800x when I looked, if you were cpu shopping.

I think the Shuffle today is just a one-off tie-in as part of a celebration for their NASDAQ listing.

This Shuffle is offering "discounted" prices on items (the $380 for 5800X, for example), rather than scalper pricing on component bundles.

But the only decent components I saw were the 5800X, the 3070, and the Corsair memory.

I checked it out today... if it continues the way it did today and as described in this topic... well, R.I.P. Newegg Shuffle.

Maybe they want to make it a game?

You have to sift through all the useless junk to find a video card.

i have given up on the newegg shuffle pretty sure its worse then the lottery at chance of getting a gpu, now that they throwing in all but kitchen sinks itll get even more worthless to try. have gone 45-0 think thats times to call it lol and look elsewhere.

I used to be a Newegg fanboy, but now with the scummy Shuffle, I'm turning into an anti-fanboy.

I wrote it off for the tenth time today
I practiced all the things I would say
Shuffle came over, and I lost my nerve
Took them back and clicked on their serve

Now I know, I'm being used
That's okay man, cuz I like the abuse
I know, they're playing with me
That's okay cuz I got low self esteem

Took me 40ish tries on the shuffle, but you can win. Evga prices match what they are on their website as best I can tell. Supposedly my 3070Ti arrives tomorrow, if it’s. It stolen in transit. I plan to evga step up to a 3080 non TI if I can. I figure I’ll get a year out of this 3070ti then pay 150 bucks or so and get a brand new card when 3080/ come back in stock in mid 2022.

Took me 40ish tries on the shuffle, but you can win. Evga prices match what they are on their website as best I can tell. Supposedly my 3070Ti arrives tomorrow, if it’s. It stolen in transit. I plan to evga step up to a 3080 non TI if I can. I figure I’ll get a year out of this 3070ti then pay 150 bucks or so and get a brand new card when 3080/ come back in stock in mid 2022.
Did you have to buy some crapola as part of a bundle?

Did you have to buy some crapola as part of a bundle?
It came with an evga 700 bq semi modular power supply. That will either replace an ancient Antec 400 green psu or get sold to a friend who’s buying the 1070 gtx. Only tacked on an addition 80 bucks. Coulda been one of those $300 motherboards

i have given up on the newegg shuffle pretty sure its worse then the lottery at chance of getting a gpu, now that they throwing in all but kitchen sinks itll get even more worthless to try. have gone 45-0 think thats times to call it lol and look elsewhere.

Since your chances of winning the lottery are better, just buy 45 lottery tickets and then use that money to buy a GPU.

Since your chances of winning the lottery are better, just buy 45 lottery tickets and then use that money to buy a GPU.
I think the only thing worse than not winning over and over.. is winning the "meh I'll just check the box it's not like I'm gonna win" item and welp, I just dropped freakin' $1400+tax on a 3080 and a monitor I don't need. Heck I only wanted a 3070 @.@. Luckily I'm in the process of a new build, so this means I can sell off my old rig complete for more money with a 1080 in it.

Keep trying! Think positive! And watch the budget!

I think the only thing worse than not winning over and over.. is winning the "meh I'll just check the box it's not like I'm gonna win" item and welp, I just dropped freakin' $1400+tax on a 3080 and a monitor I don't need. Heck I only wanted a 3070 @.@. Luckily I'm in the process of a new build, so this means I can sell off my old rig complete for more money with a 1080 in it.

Keep trying! Think positive! And watch the budget!
Have you heard about the crazy increases in disk drive prices for larger drives? Supposedly tied to "chia" mining. (of which I know nothing).
These Newegg bundles just p--- me off to no ends. Buy stuff you don't need, so you try to dump it on FleaBay, along with all the others guys getting rid of the game unwanted stuff, which drives down prices. Total ripoff.

Newegg used to be my go to store, but now I check Amazon (of course), plus BestBuy and B&H photo, and if the same item is available at roughly the same price as newegg, that store gets the order.

Back