Newegg.com Deals 6/15

Newegg Webmaster

Official Newegg Deals Maker

COMPUTER HARDWARE DEALS

Intel Core i5-2500 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500
$209.99 - $15.00 promo code "HARDOCPX615A" = $194.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 6/21/11

Seagate 320GB USB 2.0 External Hard Drive ST903204EXA101-RK
$69.99 - $20.00IR - $5.00 promo code "HARDOCPX615B" = $44.99 with $1.99 shipping
Promo Expires on 6/21/11

D-Link DGL-4100 10/100/1000Mbps GamerLounge Broadband Gigabit Gaming Router 1 x 10/100Mbps WAN Ports 4 x 10/100/1000Mbps LAN Ports
$129.99 - 40.00IR - $15.00 promo code "HARDOCPX615C" = $74.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 6/21/11

Intel 320 Series SSDSA2CW160G310 2.5" 160GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - OEM
$354.99 - $50.00IR - $20.00 promo code "HARDOCPX615D" = $284.99 with free shipping
Promo Expires on 6/21/11

:eek: Prices subject to change without notice.

You can't be serious on that DGL-4100. That router is so old. The DIR-655 is better in every way and is like $55 right now. I bought the 4100 for that price years ago.

You can't be serious on that DGL-4100. That router is so old. The DIR-655 is better in every way and is like $55 right now. I bought the 4100 for that price years ago.

But but that's a gaming router. Doesn't that automatically mean it's the hawtness :D

It has been scientifically demonstrated that the addition of the gaming descriptor increases performance by a factor of at least two.

And years ago it was the best thing going - Gigabit, much better routing performance and QoS than nearly all available consumer hardware. Sadly, it has been eclipsed, and is not worth paying extra to add a wireless AP to.

D-Link, we need a new model already!

Yeah the 4100 isn't that great. I still use it currently but it sucks because of the limited # of MAC addresses it holds. The reason it is so limited is because if you enable MAC address filtering, you need to enter MAC addresses for even wired connections. It's absolutely idiotic and D-Link said that's the way it's suppose to work and won't fix it. So you are limited to 25 devices on your network TOTAL (both wired and wireless). Get something better and maybe get one with DD-WRT support.

Yeah the 4100 isn't that great. I still use it currently but it sucks because of the limited # of MAC addresses it holds. The reason it is so limited is because if you enable MAC address filtering, you need to enter MAC addresses for even wired connections. It's absolutely idiotic and D-Link said that's the way it's suppose to work and won't fix it. So you are limited to 25 devices on your network TOTAL (both wired and wireless). Get something better and maybe get one with DD-WRT support.

If you have 25 devices on your network, maybe you shouldn't be buying home use products and should start looking at enterprise level gear.

Newegg needs to get a hawt DVD Burner coupon... A BD Burner coupon would be schweet too (for me)!

I've been looking for a DVD Burner and noone has one for sale below $20. Even the used ones are going for the price of new.

Am I cheap? Hellz ya, especially when the system is for the Mother-in-Law...

If you have 25 devices on your network, maybe you shouldn't be buying home use products and should start looking at enterprise level gear.

QFT. Its like expecting to win at Indy 500 with a corvette, your hardware has to match your needs. My Dlink 4300 was a great router for 6.5 years until it croaked last month, well the AC adapter anyway

Why would I go for enterprise level gear when most of the "devices" are wired devices and as such should not ever need to be MAC filtered. Every router with the exception of the 4100 that I have used do MAC filtering properly, meaning only WiFi devices need to be filtered. There is no reason to need MAC filtering on wired devices in a Home environment. That 25 limit is more than enough for the wifi devices in my home, but if you add all the wired bluray players, streaming devices, gaming systems and TVs, and even PC VirtualBox running within another PC, there is no way 25 is enough.

QFT. Its like expecting to win at Indy 500 with a corvette, your hardware has to match your needs.

Not quite right, it's more like buying a car with a 13 gallon tank and then the manufacturer disabling 10 gallons of it because of a design flaw, so you can only ever fill it 3 gallons at a time. As I said above, it's the proper equipment for my needs (Home router don't need mac address filter on wired devices like every router I have used before this router), but with a basic design flaw that if MAC address if enabled it filters both Wired and Wireless devices which is idiotic.

Edit:
Just FYI I don't have 25 devices, I have about 20, 5 entries were older PCs that were long gone so I have still a small bit of breathing room. But with everything (literally) having a need for a net connection that won't last long. I also find it a design flaw that if you have a router assigning addresses in the 192.168.0.x range there should at minimum there should be enough space in the filter to hold at least 254 mac addresses.

Last edited:
But but that's a gaming router. Doesn't that automatically mean it's the hawtness :D

I've actually been using a DGL-4300 which is the wireless version for like 5-6 years, it's a solid router with great firmware and surpassed every expectation I had for it. Would I buy one today? Hell no, it's still a 6 year old router.

wow, .01 savings! Way to score

This is what I'm talking about... Didn't I say $20?

Why can't there be a decent deal for $15 shipped, or a $20 RETAIL version???

Then you should've said $15 in your previous post. You said under $20 and that's what ir0nw0lf found for you.

Purchased one of the burners this morning, not too shabby for a Jackson :)

wow, .01 savings! Way to score

This is what I'm talking about... Didn't I say $20?

Why can't there be a decent deal for $15 shipped, or a $20 RETAIL version???

Dude, I have seen $15 shipped burners, but only on an exceedingly rare occasion, because at $20 shipped they are making a couple bucks margin at most. Only selling high volume in a very streamlined and automated process - which newegg has - compensates for the paltry margin optical drives have. Perhaps blurays are different, margin wise, but newegg is making precious little on their $20 DVD drives if that includes shipping. You'll have to wait for one of those special sales if you want to pick up what will be a loss leader for sure.

Back