Newbie, what GPU should I put in my new build?

alpharalpha

Weaksauce
I was planning on just putting a GTX1650 Super in it, but with the new cards out now--and shortages etc--am wondering if maybe I can get better value card for the money; perhaps something in an RTX for the ray tracing effects? I am also new to gaming so won't be anything extreme, probably get Cyberpunk2077 to try out as I like sci-fi over fantasy and it seems to have a diverse gameplay. Monitor is 1080p so that's max.

We are going to need the rest of your PC specs as well as a budget range before we can help you out.

I was planning on just putting a GTX1650 Super in it, but with the new cards out now--and shortages etc--am wondering if maybe I can get better value card for the money; perhaps something in an RTX for the ray tracing effects? I am also new to gaming so won't be anything extreme, probably get Cyberpunk2077 to try out as I like sci-fi over fantasy and it seems to have a diverse gameplay. Monitor is 1080p so that's max.
There haven't been any new cards at the price level of the various 1650 versions. There also haven't yet been any replacements for the $250 - $300 range, where the 1660ti and RTX2060 are at. The RTX 3060 should be out soon. But the availability will likely be really difficult.

But we are still a ways off from a 1650 replacement.

We are going to need the rest of your PC specs as well as a budget range before we can help you out.
Basic build: i3-10-100; 16gb ram; 500w Superflower PSU, in Thermaltake Suppressor F1 case.
Not serious gamer, just looking for best card under $300 to complete my build.

New; 43" 1080p monitor so 60fps max should be fine I guess.
On the AMD side, the 5600xt should work well for 1080p and set your back around $250 -$275. There are a few $20 rebates out there as well.

On the Nvidia side, the 1660ti can be had for $300, though the 5600xt seems to beat it in most games.

Back