New to the 3D printer game.

Are there any good places to buy at good prices other then Amazon. I lo ok ked and there v is not a micro center close to me.
Not really. I buy my esun on Amazon around $15 a spool or so give or take a few bucks. If you factor in my time and has, that’s not a bad deal from Amazon to my door step.

Last edited:
I'm a bit late to the party here, but also have an Ender 3 Pro

- I use eSun PLA+ filament and have been very happy with it. 210 nozzle temp and 60-65 bed temp works best for me. 60 was working great but I had one large print bow up off the plate in a small section. I have not had this happen since moving to 65. At 65 I need to let the bed cool for a while before larger prints come up.

- I bought this upgrade kit here. The yellow bed springs made a world of difference. I can go through quite a few prints without touching it. (I had a bltouch on my list but may skip it after this.) I'm not sure the rest of the parts do anything but the metal frame is a bit easier to feed filament through and I don't worry about busting it anymore.

I would like a new board and BLT also, but so far I really don't have a reason. I have done several multi day prints now without any trouble.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Just an update, I originally was going to place my printer in the garage, however after being told that was not a good idea I did some rearranging and found a home for it right beside my desk. The great thing about this is that it allows me to start a print at the beginning of the work day and watch it without leaving my desk. I also asked questions about filament and after ordering several brands have found the brand GIANTARM to be very good it runs around the $20 - $23 (plus coupons) range for price and is backed by a pretty good customer service.

Just an update, I originally was going to place my printer in the garage, however after being told that was not a good idea I did some rearranging and found a home for it right beside my desk. The great thing about this is that it allows me to start a print at the beginning of the work day and watch it without leaving my desk. I also asked questions about filament and after ordering several brands have found the brand GIANTARM to be very good it runs around the $20 - $23 (plus coupons) range for price and is backed by a pretty good customer service.
Congratulations and welcome to the hobby!

Yes, welcome! And enjoy your life path of printing 'upgrades' so your printer can print the next 'upgrades' even better than before! haha :D

Back