New To mining.. who wants to help

jaysted

n00b
Hi everyone.. so i bought an old warehouse and got everything that was in it.. inherited over 5000 computers, each computer has a ATI Radeon HD 2400 XT... is it possible to rig all these together and build a miner? if so whos ready to help :)

Last edited:
I'm gonna say no to that idea unless you are getting free electricity. The cards are too old therwise.

Nope, not worth it all to mine on those cards, you can not even find them on mining calculators. They wont be able to mine much as ETH I believe now needs more than 4G of vram to mine on..
Here a list with the oldest card making $0.51 a day...

https://minerstat.com/hardware/gpus

Even with 5000k of em, free power, sure, may make a couple bucks...assuming they all work.

5000 computers? Whoa!

if you can update the graphics cards on those systems you can put them back to work. You’ll need more info. CPU doesn’t matter, only GPU. What PSUs are in the systems? If big enough you could put multiple cards in each PC. To get that many cards you might have to contact a distributor like Shop BLT.

look into HIVEOS.
Read up on tax laws for profit mining.

You could make a large fortune if you could actually locate graphics cards. You might even contact Nvidia directly and ask about their new CMP mining cards. Maybe you can get a bead on buying them by the thousands.
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/cmp/
You should look at whattomine.com to help calculate electricity cost and mining profits.

How would you even power 5000k setups... your would need some massive circuits or input current into the facility ;) like 15a is what like 1800w so even if you did just cpu mining at 120w each machine you are looking at 600000w of power ;) ... so assuming you get like 10c electricity you could destroy the planet for like $80 profit a day running all machines depending (assuming your time = 0 and everything is setup and networked) and your processors are like i7's...

You put all the hardware hoarders here to shame. Holy fuck lol.

You put all the hardware hoarders here to shame. Holy fuck lol.
There's something fishy about all these new accounts creating one and done threads in this sub lately, with some convoluted story that could well have just been copypasted from somewhere.

Just sayin. Maybe it's nothing but mods might want to keep an eye out.

That's the biggest issue with all this crypto. We are killing the planet to make fake money to grow the communist party and terrorists.

There's something fishy about all these new accounts creating one and done threads in this sub lately, with some convoluted story that could well have just been copypasted from somewhere.

Just sayin. Maybe it's nothing but mods might want to keep an eye out.
You're not wrong, but I think it might be because this subforum comes up really high in Google search results. I kept wondering why all of the posts from new accounts, etc. so I just Googled "cryptomining forum" and this subforum is the 2nd result.

i was asking friends and whatnot what i should do with the computers and they all said what about mining or donating to a schooll... well mining sounds good and donating old ass computers to a school would be worthless with these spoiled kids and there ipads hahah as far as adding multiple cards to one computer, they all only have one slot availble i looked into it, ill send a pic of the computers to this thread once i go back to storage unit tomorrow.. thanks for the input everyone...

5000 computers adds up to a fair amount of gold. I'd call around to different electronics recyclers and see how much they'll give you for them.

Back