New ryzen 3 boards

chimim0ry0

Weaksauce
I am interested in the new asus rog strix b550-xe and also the new asrock razer boards.

I found the msrp, 399, and release date, 1st or 2nd week of November, for the asus dark hero. But I can't find that information for the b550-xe.

Also I can't find any information on the razer boards besides there is a 550 taichi and possibly a 570. Which boards, when and for how much, I have no idea.

Has anyone else sleuthed out this information?

I am interested in the new asus rog strix b550-xe and also the new asrock razer boards.

I found the msrp, 399, and release date, 1st or 2nd week of November, for the asus dark hero. But I can't find that information for the b550-xe.

Also I can't find any information on the razer boards besides there is a 550 taichi and possibly a 570. Which boards, when and for how much, I have no idea.

Has anyone else sleuthed out this information?
The B550-XE seems to have disappeared from the Asus site so I am not sure what is happened with it. Maybe they had an issue with the add in card, I don't know. There is a new version of the strix-F called the A which seems to be purely cosmetic. I am really struggling settling on a new MB. So many compromises with all but the very top boards so I might just get the Dark Hero and absorb the cost. Having fast memory and 4 rows of it seems to be really important so memory working at least at high XMP levels is important.

I
The B550-XE seems to have disappeared from the Asus site so I am not sure what is happened with it. Maybe they had an issue with the add in card, I don't know. There is a new version of the strix-F called the A which seems to be purely cosmetic. I am really struggling settling on a new MB. So many compromises with all but the very top boards so I might just get the Dark Hero and absorb the cost. Having fast memory and 4 rows of it seems to be really important so memory working at least at high XMP levels is important.
It seems very strange that the rely were announced along with the 5000 series and aimed directly at them, however there is nothing about the asrock boards and the asus boards don't have a release date

I'm both surprised and bothered there haven't been more/any motheboards launched with zen3 purely just to take advantage of the launch from a marketing perspective

I'm on the hunt at the moment and I'm struggling to find something that looks perfect - because I like 8 SATA ports it eliminates some company's entire product lines (like Gigabyte) as they only include 6 on every single board no matter the price point

I'm both surprised and bothered there haven't been more/any motheboards launched with zen3 purely just to take advantage of the launch from a marketing perspective

I'm on the hunt at the moment and I'm struggling to find something that looks perfect - because I like 8 SATA ports it eliminates some company's entire product lines (like Gigabyte) as they only include 6 on every single board no matter the price point

That's because 8 is superfluous in 2020 for the average consumer. By requiring 8 ports, you're putting yourself into a "server" category, and should look there. Either that or just get a SAS/SATA HBA card.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201115-171339_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201115-171339_Chrome.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 0
ASRock has the X570 PG Velocita releasing soon-ish. It's available in Europe but not in the USA yet :/
/this has 'shut up and take my money!' written all over it... especially since the X570 Tomahawk is still Unobtainium
//full product page: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 PG Velocita/
I kinda like the looks of this board. 8 sata ports; overkill vrm; enough USB to get by; only missing a 10g lan. I've had a ASRock Fatality x68 for over 10 years and not had any real problems. I'm not sure I can justify $125+? for a Dark hero when the feature layout are this similar.

I kinda like the looks of this board. 8 sata ports; overkill vrm; enough USB to get by; only missing a 10g lan. I've had a ASRock Fatality x68 for over 10 years and not had any real problems. I'm not sure I can justify $125+? for a Dark hero when the feature layout are this similar.
I want to see the razer boards by asrock, before I make my final decision. But I'm thinking just like you. Only, I don't particularly like the look of it. But hopefully, it'll grow on me if I do end up purchasing it

I definitely have my eye on that Velocita board as well. I'm normally a brand-loyalist to ASUS with motherboards but I think it's time to move past that

I definitely have my eye on that Velocita board as well. I'm normally a brand-loyalist to ASUS with motherboards but I think it's time to move past that
It seems spec wise their equivalent of the new ASUS x570 TUF Pro Wifi 6 I just picked up

ASRock has the X570 PG Velocita releasing soon-ish. It's available in Europe but not in the USA yet :/
/this has 'shut up and take my money!' written all over it... especially since the X570 Tomahawk is still Unobtainium
//full product page: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X570 PG Velocita/

I am not a fan of that board. Asrock makes good stuff hardware-wise...but that board just looks, well, "tacky".

I prefer the Dark Hero since it "mostly" has what I want and in a package that seems better on the pallet...

... Only, I don't particularly like the look of it. ...
I agree the board is visually ugly. But to be honest I doubt I've looked at my system a dozen times in as many years.

I really think the Dark Hero has the better options (more usb, more m2, etc) I'll just have to see what the price turn out to be. At that price point I 'd even look at a Msi Prestige Creation; I like the look of their memory qvc; but not having bios flashback at that price point seems crazy to me.

That ASrock Velocita looks like a slightly cut down X570 Taichi. Honestly, the Velocita is more "just what i needed" but I didn't want to wait that long.

I'm super happy with my X570 taichi, but I needed the 8 sata ports and 3x M.2 ports. Once I sent to the fan to silent I literally have not heard it once instead of on boot.

This was on razer's Facebook today. So hopefully it won't be long now before we get some information. But a razer tease before an asrock tease would lead me to believe they are just vanilla taichi boards with razer designs. Hopefully, that's not the case

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201117-092411_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20201117-092411_Facebook.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 0
This was on razer's Facebook today. So hopefully it won't be long now before we get some information. But a razer tease before an asrock tease would lead me to believe they are just vanilla taichi boards with razer designs. Hopefully, that's not the case
That absolutely looks like a Taichi without the gears and + Razer logo.
Maybe the lower body heatsink and the chipset fan are a little bit different?

1605573056154.png

A side by side comparison does support the simple rebranding of the product...
IIRC, the X570 Taichi was the slightly cut down version of the X570 Phantom Gaming X, missing the 2.5GbE port mostly. Hopefully that's resolved with the newer releases. No reason to leave that out of the equation nowadays.

Either way, I think a number of ASRock X570 boards used that layout (starting above the Steel Legend / Extreme4, iirc).

Any new mini-ITX boards released? Otherwise, I'll probably get the Gigabyte B550.

Of the B550 set? Nothing past launch. Still the two from ASRock (missing SPDIF, but has USB-C header - cheaper board is cheap), one from ASUS (priciest, same pros/cons as the ASRock, IMO), one from MSI (most complete, IMO, but requires a custom/modified backplate) and one from Gigabyte (missing USB-C header).

Basically, nothing is perfect in the X570 and B550 ITX world, so I'm still waiting. Intel boards already got there (IMO) during the Z270/Z370 era, and we're still waiting for ungimped AMD ITX boards, or at least basic feature parity. I'm not even asking for TB3 (less said about the ASRock X570 ITX board the better) or 10GbE. I get that board space is a tiny bit more precious with the larger AM4 keep-out area, but ASUS and ASRock both went to the trouble of using a daughterboard and somehow couldn't spare one SPDIF output, or even a 3 pin header... ASRock had SPDIF on their previous gen AM4 ITX boards, too (I have one, the AB350 Fatal1ty ITX).

Looking forward to the Asus Dark Hero Board once that is available. it has the feature set i like and the special one debauer mentions is rather nice to get best outa the 5950x

Ah I just checked and I did get a notification e-mail.

well ... since It looks like I may never get a 5900x does it really matter ?

Last edited:
I didn't get my 5900x yet either, so I guess not. But that board was supposed to be my fall back one of I didn't like the other razor, or asus ones...

Looking at the Velocita, I tried going to the Memory QVL and it's got a pretty short list - being a bit new to having to even think about that - is that common? All i'm ultimately trying to figure out is if this thing will have a problem running 4x16 3600 with timings somewhere between 14 and 16 (haven't picked a kit yet...like everything else these days finding stock on desired items is a quest)

I’m happy with my ASRock X570D4U and 3700X.
Small mobile chassis w/ dual 2TB Sabrent M.2’s.
3600 Samsung B Die RAM.

Waiting for the 5600X, maybe go with 8 core after seeing the Cezanne 5000’s.

There is an Australian site that has the razer x570 up for pre-order. But the link takes you to the home page and the product cannot be searched for. Also on my mobile, I cannot figure out how to access the cached site.

I just searched for asrock razer motherboard on Google and it was on the second page of results

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201120-102422_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201120-102422_Chrome.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 0
There is absolutely no information about it.

It could be just a simple rebranding of the taichi board, a few minor changes, or even a complete rework. No one knows
without specs or backplate view all I can tell from pic is that it has slightly better color scheme, 2 8pin power connectors and what may be another 3.0 header onboard. If it upgraded lan it may be a winner for me.

I am not normally a brand loyalist ..but of late I have been whoring myself out to ASRock pretty exclusively .. Fatal1ty B350 Gaming ITX/ac, X470 Master SLI, X570 Steel Legend, and just got an X570 Taichi .. plus I have the ASRock RX 5700XT blower style video card ..

Everything has just worked so I've been sticking with them .. I sold the x470 Master Sli to get the X570 Steel Legend .. great board if you use stock/smaller cooler or water cooling, but I run the monster size Noctua NH-D15 and the heat sink was touching the back plate of my 5700xt .. so I got the Taichi for the extra space between CPU socket and top PCIe 16x slot .. Steel Legend replaced my daughters Fatal1ty B350 ..

I am contemplating swapping out the wife's ASUS B350 Prime with the ASRock B350 so my whole household is on ASRock boards... even though the ASUS is running great too.

me-3700x, 2 x 16GB 3200@3600 CAS16
wife-3400g, 2 x 16GB 3200 CAS16
daughter-3600x, 2 x 16GB 3200@3600 CAS16

Maybe ASRock will read this thread and hook me up with a 6800XT for the "free" advertisement plug ... :sneaky:

Back