New ryzen 3 boards

Any new mini-ITX boards released? Otherwise, I'll probably get the Gigabyte B550.

That's the one I got. I'm normally an Asus fan, but the GB one had better VRMs and was $50 cheaper in the B550 variety.

https://wccftech.com/asrock-x570-b5...motherboard-amd-ryzen-5000-cpu-listed-online/

Shit!! They are expensive and the same exact specs as the previous taichi boards. Looks like I'll be buying a pg velocita when they come back in stock
I have to agree I don't see the point of this board. It is over $100 more than the original and appears to be no more than a minor refresh. It probably should have replaced the original Taichi at the same price point. I suppose they may have beefed up the power plane a bit but that isn't worth the extra price.

With the way pricing and availability is right now, I think I've talked myself into a dark hero after I read horror stories about killer network adapters.

Hopefully they won't sell out instantly tomorrow too...

The msi meg b550 Unify or Unify-X both look interesting if you don't need the extra pci slot. (4) m.2 slots, (6) sata slots, overkill power, lots of usb. You are trading off m.2 or pci and m.2 or sata but you do get some flexibility.

Last edited:
The msi meg b550 Unify or Unify-X both look interesting if you don't need the extra pci slot. (4) m.2 slots, (6) sata slots, overkill power, lots of usb. You are trading off m.2 or pci and m.2 or sata but you do get some flexibility.
I have an irrational dislike for msi products that I got 20+ years ago how ugly their red boards looked. Them and soyo I swore off.

Had to settle for the crosshair VIII, because I was able to get a 5900x with it in a bundle. That was the original motherboard I wanted when I first started to put together the 3900 build I never pulled the trigger on.

Anyone seen any reviews for the x570 Velocita (or first-hand experience)?

It's in-stock in Canada now and it's WAY cheaper than the Dark Hero

I found this review of Velocita and it seems amazing:

In canada that's like $170 cheaper than a Dark Hero - I feel like I'd be nuts to go with the Dark Hero

Yeah, if I was gonna buy a board right now it would likely be the Velocita.

My 5950x will be arriving soon and I require a new MB. Glad I saw this thread! I just ordered the Velocita off of NewEgg and cancelled my MSI order from Amazon.

Did Asus ever release the B550 XE version? I see the Dark Hero come up for purchase for a hot second via Newegg but that's pretty much it. Trying to see if I should keep the X570 Aorus Master, step down to something within the $200 range or step up on this dead platform, lol. Decisions...

Did Asus ever release the B550 XE version? I see the Dark Hero come up for purchase for a hot second via Newegg but that's pretty much it. Trying to see if I should keep the X570 Aorus Master, step down to something within the $200 range or step up on this dead platform, lol. Decisions...
That was up in newegg too, it's 329. No thank you.

Yeah, if I was gonna buy a board right now it would likely be the Velocita.
I really looked hard at that board, and damn nearly bought it. But I paused because I really didn't want a killer network adapter. I'm glad I did though, because I was able to get a 5900x through a newegg motherboard combo. It's a crosshair VIII, a bit older, but I'm still happy with it.

I am interested in the new asus rog strix b550-xe and also the new asrock razer boards.

I found the msrp, 399, and release date, 1st or 2nd week of November, for the asus dark hero. But I can't find that information for the b550-xe.
As far as I can tell, the B550-XE is just a rebranded B550-E. The specs are identical, and the PCB looks exactly the same. Looking over pics, the only difference I could find was the ROG Strix branding on the integrated IO shield cover.

The XE does include a Hyper M.2 PCIe addon card to add more M.2 drives, but few people need that and those who do would be better off buying an X570 board anyway. In any case, you can always buy it separately if you ever need it.

As far as I can tell, the B550-XE is just a rebranded B550-E. The specs are identical, and the PCB looks exactly the same. Looking over pics, the only difference I could find was the ROG Strix branding on the integrated IO shield cover.

The XE does include a Hyper M.2 PCIe addon card to add more M.2 drives, but few people need that and those who do would be better off buying an X570 board anyway. In any case, you can always buy it separately if you ever need it.
Yes, now over a month later and it has been released I know all of those things. Plus it's msrp is 329. 50 dollars for that card.

Back