New PSVR Incoming

Domingo

Fully [H]
https://kotaku.com/sony-announces-an-updated-playstation-vr-headset-1819048440

As a current owner, I'm definitely a bit annoyed by this. It's only a year old and the processor that can't handle HDR (and had massive wires) was a stupid oversight on Sony's part to begin with. I have to swap HDMI cables every time I hook up my VR because it isn't HDMI 2.0 compatible.

This is a good thing for those on the fence and at least shows Sony isn't bailing on the product.

I wish there was some sort of trade-in for it.

https://kotaku.com/sony-announces-an-updated-playstation-vr-headset-1819048440

As a current owner, I'm definitely a bit annoyed by this. It's only a year old and the processor that can't handle HDR (and had massive wires) was a stupid oversight on Sony's part to begin with. I have to swap HDMI cables every time I hook up my VR because it isn't HDMI 2.0 compatible.

This is a good thing for those on the fence and at least shows Sony isn't bailing on the product.

I wish there was some sort of trade-in for it.

Im almost 100% sure there will be some extra incentive for you guys that bought the original, like trading it in for more than half off or something. It'd be an asshole move for them not to do something like that.

I can't really think of a situation where a manufacturer allowed for a console trade-in. Sony and Microsoft haven't for newer console SKU's. They didn't for the PS4 Pro/Xbox One X either.
Gamestop might do it for $50 off or something, but that's about as far as I see this going.
While less clumsy, it doesn't sound like this is night and day different or better. I'm just going to sit it out. Unless someone is willing to give me 1/2 off the new one for a trade-in, I'm not biting.

Im almost 100% sure there will be some extra incentive for you guys that bought the original, like trading it in for more than half off or something. It'd be an asshole move for them not to do something like that.

Sony is an asshole company, sooooo....

Back