New phone .. Pixel 4a 5g !

p05ta1

Limp Gawd
My old Pixel 2 XL has workd well for me but the time has come.
Battery life has started to drop more than i like and we now are at end of life via updates since Dec 2020.
I decided to bypass the Verizon model for one unlocked off amazon 359$
I got two on way for my wife and I.
will be getting this Saturday!

Sorry it was 459$. Amazon had em for 40 dollars off.

Last edited:
wow, I am liking this Pixel!
The calls are crystal clean , screen looks amazing.

only thing that bugs me at times is front camera hole.
but with large bezels on old pixel 2 xl i am sure i can get use to

wow, I am liking this Pixel!
The calls are crystal clean , screen looks amazing.

only thing that bugs me at times is front camera hole.
but with large bezels on old pixel 2 xl i am sure i can get use to
Glad you like it!

You're probably going to experience what many people do with hole-punch displays and notches. At first you notice it a lot, but eventually it fades into the background and you focus on using your phone.

$359? That seems like a pretty good price. I've never seen it that low.

Glad you like the phone though. I've been using the regular 4a since launch, and I like it.

I've never seen it that low either, kirbyrj, and I've been shopping around a bit. Best I have seen (and still current) is a 4a (no 5G) for 299.99 from Best Buy.

I'm still limping along on an OG Pixel. Overall still performs well but beginning to see some things start to decline.

Last edited:
Ps . I just swap my verizon 4g sim card into it this weekend. It set up great no issues.
When i go to work I get 5G on phone so that was nice. Speed is ok it is the low band 5g free.
I got unlocked non Verizon one so none of that 5g wide band stuff that doesnt really work good.

As an existing customer (for 3+ years now) I might have been interested.
But fuck me, right?
I hear ya. That's how it goes usually...BUT this one has $100 off for existing customers, so they aren't totally bending ya over.

My guess is they are getting the 5a ready. So the 4a 5g might slot where the regular 4a

I got the 1st one to arrive at the local AT&T store in November, it's been OK except during the first week RCS was broken. One other problem I was very happy to regain a 3.5mm jack again but it is a terrible 3.5mm out. The type c to type c and 3.5mm adapter that came with the pixel 3 is much, much better.

i like the pixel 4a better non 5g because it works with graphene os

Back