new optional AMD GPU drivers

pendragon1

Extremely [H]
i saw the new nvidia thread and thought i'd check on amd's side. sure enough theres a new optional update out.

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.1 Highlights
Support For

• Zombie Army 4: Dead War™
Fixed Issues
  • Some users may experience higher than expected memory usage when recording with Radeon ReLive.
  • HDR content may become overly dark or overly bright in some DirectX®12 API games on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
  • The camera element may exhibit stutter in recorded clips or during streaming using Radeon ReLive.
  • The scroll bar is missing for some users in the Compatibility tab of Radeon Software.
  • Radeon Software may fail to detect VR games when SteamVR is running or has been started.
  • Radeon Anti-Lag enable and disable beep notifications may be played in error when individually pressing keys assigned to the hotkey.
  • The Snap Settings feature may fail to apply settings for Auto Tuning controls if other Auto Tuning settings were already applied.
Known Issues
  • Some DirectX®11 API games may experience an application crash when performing a task switch with Radeon Image Sharpening enabled.
  • Enabling feature for Radeon ReLive such as Instant Replay, Instant Gif or In-Game Replay may cause the display or UI to flicker or stutter.
  • A loss of display with working audio may be experienced on a limited number of displays when performing a mode change on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
  • A system crash or hang may occur when running the Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers™ benchmark.
  • Integer Scaling may cause some video content to show flicker when the display resolution is set to less than native resolution.
  • The Radeon Software Overlay hotkey notification may sometimes be displayed during video playback in web browsers or launching some video player applications.
  • Radeon Software may open with an inconsistent size or may not keep its previously set size when opened.
  • Modifying the HDMI Scaling slider may cause FPS to become locked to 30.
  • Some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics users may intermittently experience a black screen while gaming or on desktop. A potential temporary workaround is disabling hardware acceleration in applications running in the background such as web browsers or Discord.
  • Some games may exhibit stutter or appear to be downclocking on Radeon RX 5000 series graphics products.
  • A black screen may occur when performing a mode change with a limited number of displays on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products
https://www.amd.com/en/support/grap.../amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700

• Radeon Anti-Lag enable and disable beep notifications may be played in error when individually pressing keys assigned to the hotkey.
Ahahaha...ha.
I spent about an hour trying to figure out where a very inconsistent *beepbeepbeep* was coming from, and it was something to do with my audio driver!? :(

I saw no hint text or other indication that the driver even made audible sounds in regard to features, so that's not cool AMD.
Now I'm wondering if this feature, which I had disabled, was being turned on and causing my issues in Dead by Daylight..gotta test when I get home.
Also need to disable hardware acceleration in Discord. Note for myself. :)

We just want the drivers without all the bloat, come on AMD.
I'm a fan of ReLive though, would be nice if they provided drivers w/o GUI + separate ReLive functionality.

How have they not fixed the stutter and black screen issues going into 7 months after Navi launched? Come on AMD

How have they not fixed the stutter and black screen issues going into 7 months after Navi launched? Come on AMD
i havent had the stutter issue but the black screen was happening to me on SOTR, it would just totally lock with a black screen. reinstalled the game and its been fine since.

Ahahaha...ha.
I spent about an hour trying to figure out where a very inconsistent *beepbeepbeep* was coming from, and it was something to do with my audio driver!? :(

I saw no hint text or other indication that the driver even made audible sounds in regard to features, so that's not cool AMD.
Now I'm wondering if this feature, which I had disabled, was being turned on and causing my issues in Dead by Daylight..gotta test when I get home.
Also need to disable hardware acceleration in Discord. Note for myself. :)

We just want the drivers without all the bloat, come on AMD.
I'm a fan of ReLive though, would be nice if they provided drivers w/o GUI + separate ReLive functionality.
gotta turn off all the popup crap in the options, cant remember what section its in though and im at work...

Come on indeed....
Since it actually began on Vega. :(
With the release of Navi, the issue is more mainstream and gaining more attention, but it's been around for a bit.

Encountered it may times with my Vega64 and Radeon VII, in a single PC streaming setup with ReLive enabled and multiple monitors.
When I disabled ReLive, the issue never presented.

I now have a dual PC setup for streaming, continuing with ReLive disabled and I have not encountered the issue yet.
I am hesitant to enable ReLive in multi-player games, but I've been playing Satisfactory a lot lately, so I may conduct some testing while playing that.

It's certainly an annoying issue, and weird!
One time I didn't hard reset after it happened, talked with my friend in Discord as he played a Fortnite BR match out and I listened to myself die to storm.

i havent had the stutter issue but the black screen was happening to me on SOTR, it would just totally lock with a black screen. reinstalled the game and its been fine since.

I've had stutter on and off since launch, alt tab crashing etc. Most things seem to have some sort of fix like disabling Radeon overlay, disabling image Sharpe ing, disabling hw Accel. In different programs but it's insane to expect the average use to do this.

I've had every sort of stuttering issue since the 5700 XTs release. The new UI sucks but it's not the cause of most performance problems.

Come on indeed....
Since it actually began on Vega. :(
With the release of Navi, the issue is more mainstream and gaining more attention, but it's been around for a bit.

Encountered it may times with my Vega64 and Radeon VII, in a single PC streaming setup with ReLive enabled and multiple monitors.
When I disabled ReLive, the issue never presented.

I now have a dual PC setup for streaming, continuing with ReLive disabled and I have not encountered the issue yet.
I am hesitant to enable ReLive in multi-player games, but I've been playing Satisfactory a lot lately, so I may conduct some testing while playing that.

It's certainly an annoying issue, and weird!
One time I didn't hard reset after it happened, talked with my friend in Discord as he played a Fortnite BR match out and I listened to myself die to storm.

ReLive, huh? I never use it, and if given the option, don't install it. That might explain why I've never run into this issue myself. Thanks for the info.

ReLive, huh? I never use it, and if given the option, don't install it. That might explain why I've never run into this issue myself. Thanks for the info.
and relive is now integrated, no option to not install it...

Back