new monitor suggestions based on my current pc build.

Jbort1984

[H]ard|Gawd
So i did a major upgrade over the winter with intels retail edge winter deal. Picked up a
Msi Krait mobo
32gb ddr4 corsair vengence led
2x evga ftw gtx 1070 hybrid gpus
256gb m.2 ssd
off course i have more storage thats just a boot drive.
Now yheres my question do I go 2k or 4k only games i really play alot are GTA5, World of warcraft, cs:go thise are my 3 main games but i do toss in a ton of otheres here and there but not enough to mention titles.
the screens im looking at are the
SAMSUNG 391 Series C32F391
ASUS PB328Q Black 32" 4ms
Hansung ULTRON 3268 32 Inch

Now non of these are 4k as im trying to keep my budget under $399. I am currently running a 28IN 1920X1200 monitor so would like something a lil bigger so if you know of a 30-32in 4k screen that fits the budget im def not stuck on these 3 choices.

Hansung Ultron. a name that oozes quality and confidence.

No more joking: the HP Omen can replace the Ultron on your list for your usage scenario. the Asus IPs is more suited for CS:Go but the omen's VA superior contrast makes other games look amazing. the majority of games you listed arre playable on a VA panel, and your size and budget has many Va options.

OK founf the omen you spoke of looks nice just a lil over my budget but im shure i COULD MAKE IT WORK THANK YOU FOR THE INPUT. Sorry dam caps button

I would choose the Asus, contrast is excellent and differently from the HP Omen 32 it doesn't have PWM.

The Samsung has a too low resolution for a 32 incher for my tastes.

Pulse width modulation. This refers to how the backlight is adjusted on the screen. A PWM backlight actually flickers on and off very fast when you turn its brightness down. Most people find this imperceptible, others are very sensitive to it and get headaches. It doesn't bother me at all, but I have friends who can't stand it. To counter this I strongly recommend doing what I do with a new monitor purchase and picking up something locally from somewhere with a strong return policy.

As for what you should be looking at, I'd suggest the Samsung UN40KU6290 40" 4K TV. If you have a local Costco they can be had for around $300, and if not, last I heard Newegg was selling them for a little less than $400 bundled with a $100 Newegg gift card.

Asus is IPS, Omen has at least 3 times more real contrast. PWM is a hardware feature that makes the screen flicker for some user when using less than 100% backlight. can be a deal breaker for some or a total non issue for others.

If you do not find a good price on the omen, there is the philips bdm3270 at $349

just confirmed at philips website, this monitor is flicker-free/ does not uses PWM. and it is currently my primary suggestion among VA 32" 1440p monitors.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The Asus PB328Q has an AMVA panel, actually the same as the Philips you linked, plus it's 75Hz instead of 60Hz ;)

I don't get this trend of people spending a fair chunk of cash on hardware, then cheaping out at the one thing they will be looking at the vast majority of the time, the thing that can make or break a visual and immersive experience.

Seen it too many times with psu's as well. Ooo I've a 1500 quid rig I'll stick a 20 quid psu in it.

For a rig like that you want a 2560x1440 IPS monitor. Well I certainly would, and for that you'd need to up your budget.

Unless you really don't care for visual quality, in which case knock yourself out with the above.

Well, both the Asus PB328Q and the Philips BMD3270QP have quite good image quality to begin with, both in terms of colors (in IPS ballpark according to all reviews I've read) and contrast (at least triple the best of available IPS). They maybe aren't the fastest around for gaming, but they both provide pretty decent performance based on user reports. At less than USD 400 (at least in the US) guess their price/performance ratio is definitely one of the best IMHO, they are by no means "cheap" displays (they both costed several hundreds more when launched)

I don't get this trend of people spending a fair chunk of cash on hardware, then cheaping out at the one thing they will be looking at the vast majority of the time, the thing that can make or break a visual and immersive experience.

Seen it too many times with psu's as well. Ooo I've a 1500 quid rig I'll stick a 20 quid psu in it.

For a rig like that you want a 2560x1440 IPS monitor. Well I certainly would, and for that you'd need to up your budget.

Unless you really don't care for visual quality, in which case knock yourself out with the above.
what r u suggesting in terms of a monitor? to be honest i dont know what to get thats why i came here to ask for opinions and ideas.maybe my budget is to low give me some suggestion. granted i dont mind up[ping the budget but i dont want to spend 1200 on a 4k dell 32in monitor either. this isa hobby and i have a few of them

Are you totally discarding 34" UW displays? Around 700USD you can order the excellent Microboard M340CLZ (VA panel, 100Hz) or its "twin" Asus MX34VQ for around 800. Not particularly cheap of course, but more immersion in games guaranteed :)

what r u suggesting in terms of a monitor? to be honest i dont know what to get thats why i came here to ask for opinions and ideas.maybe my budget is to low give me some suggestion. granted i dont mind up[ping the budget but i dont want to spend 1200 on a 4k dell 32in monitor either. this isa hobby and i have a few of them
Right your OP says you don't know whether to go 2k or 4k. As I suggested, 2k would be a better resolution for that rig and what you're playing IF you want decent FPS. If you're not bothered about the FPS, then 4k may be for you. Then you say you want something a bit bigger than a 28" 1920x1200 screen? Any reason? A good quality 27" 2k display will blow away cheaper 30-32" 4k screens in terms of IQ.

Everything 'good' is way over your budget however. Personally I'd be looking at the ASUS PG279Q or the ACER XB271HU. Again though you may consider those too expensive.

I agree that SLI 1070 can be paired with better monitors.
but what is the point of a 120hz display to play GTAV or WoW? Depending on where the OP lives, that money can (and should) be spent on pussy, not e-penis.
40" 4k TV can be an option at this price point.
Asus website states that the PB328Q uses an IPS panel.

about 70-75Hz on those 32" panels: which can we be certain that can handle 75Hz without frame skipping?

Right your OP says you don't know whether to go 2k or 4k. As I suggested, 2k would be a better resolution for that rig and what you're playing IF you want decent FPS. If you're not bothered about the FPS, then 4k may be for you. Then you say you want something a bit bigger than a 28" 1920x1200 screen? Any reason? A good quality 27" 2k display will blow away cheaper 30-32" 4k screens in terms of IQ.

Everything 'good' is way over your budget however. Personally I'd be looking at the ASUS PG279Q or the ACER XB271HU. Again though you may consider those too expensive.
the reasoning for the want of a screen size upgrade is i watch alot of movie or multi windows games and movies and dont want multiple screens. so downsizing to a 27inch even if it was 4k wouldnt be beneficial to me in terms of how i multi task on my pc.

then we are coming to the conclusion that a 40" 4k TV could be adequate:
- 4k 60hz is evenly matched to sli 1070s
-they have a low input lag mode for CS-go and a 4:4:4 mode for reading/typing.
- big size and great contrast perfect for watching movies
- if you decide upgrade displays in the future, having a spare 40" 4k tv is not that bad.

You can try and aim for a 40inch samsung ku6300.There is also a aoc and phillips 32inch amva 32 inch monitors on amazon for $350.

the reasoning for the want of a screen size upgrade is i watch alot of movie or multi windows games and movies and dont want multiple screens. so downsizing to a 27inch even if it was 4k wouldnt be beneficial to me in terms of how i multi task on my pc.
Fair enough then :)

Back