New imac: 5K Retina, Thunderbolt, Radeon Pro 500...

Yes. There is also a WWDC thread talking about all the announcements.
Ah, I'm not familiar with the mac dev conference, so I didn't recognize the abbreviation. I had done a forum search with a few key words which came up empty, but I guess I just chose the wrong words.

Ah, I'm not familiar with the mac dev conference, so I didn't recognize the abbreviation. I had done a forum search with a few key words which came up empty, but I guess I just chose the wrong words.

No worries. It can be found here: https://hardforum.com/threads/wwdc-june-2017.1936144/

FWIW and to contribute to your thread, I think the new iMac is probably the best deal it has ever been. By the time December rolls around, I might even be able to get a semi-maxed, refurbed, one for less than $2000. Which if you're working as a photographer, graphics designer, music producer, or other content creator is an absolute steal.

As the display covers DCI-P3 (and also Adobe RGB/sRGB), it's 5k resolution, can have 64 GB of RAM, and has snappy SSDs/Processors. It actually costs far less than a semi-maxed MBPr, new for new and contains significantly faster hardware with a better content creation display.

There won't be much that can beat it for the price, as buying a display that can even come close to matching it alone is over $1000.

Last edited:
Reactions: DocNo
like this
Back