New EVGA warranty policy?

Just happened this morning I think...first time I had seen it. It's awesome news in terms of transferable warranty.

Awesome! I've been a happy lifetime warranty EVGA user for a long time, but was always bummed that I couldn't transfer it, so this is great news!

Very nice. Looks like they will continue to get my money in the future.

http://www.evga.com/articles/00671/

I hadn't heard anyone mention this, sorry if it's old news.

nope, its new news....they announced it this morning

and yes this is great news for those who love EVGA, but hated the fact that you had to register it and could not transfer RMA rights to another owner

btw, i'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly....so please correct me if I am wrong....but it seems like you can register the card, and sell it without getting penalized for non transferable warranty? or do you have to keep the card "non registered" at all times, in order to keep the non transferable warranty?

Sweet! I just bought a used evga card that was purchased in december!

nope, its new news....they announced it this morning

and yes this is great news for those who love EVGA, but hated the fact that you had to register it and could not transfer RMA rights to another owner

btw, i'm not sure if I'm reading this correctly....so please correct me if I am wrong....but it seems like you can register the card, and sell it without getting penalized for non transferable warranty? or do you have to keep the card "non registered" at all times, in order to keep the non transferable warranty?

I'm assuming the registered warranty is transferable, because they make it sound like there are more benefits to registering, not detriments. But hopefully that will be clarified by April 2nd. Despite my issues with multiple rma's with EVGA, it looks like they're shaking things up, so I'll probably give them a shot with Kepler.

This is excellent. I traded 2 5850s for 1 evga gtx580 last November and after a gaming session the card was overheating and giving video corruption. Now I should be able to RMA it!!

Awesome- deff my # 1 Choice fro nVidia cards- especially now that the warranty will be valid for the second owner :)

Transferrable warranty, and one that works global, so I can buy a card in US, and still get valid warranty in Europe. Man... that rocks. My next card will be theirs. Never actually had any problems with their products.

Glad they came around on this. I was more than displeased when I asked them about this last year and they said 'nope'...original policy was really silly tbh.

Oh my goodness. This is good news indeed. I'm sorry EVGA; I'll never talk smack about you again...

As a matter of fact, if this is true, then it essentially makes the step-up from my new 480, should I choose to do it, FREE! (minus shipping)

Okay, so that only saves me about $15, but hey, I don't see other manufacturers lining up to give me a deal! :D

Wow....

Have to say, this pretty much makes EVGA the best warranty and customer service around period, end of story. Why purchase any other brand now? Free crossship, seriously? No longer have to register, and warranty transfers. What the f... Thats great.

Wow....

Have to say, this pretty much makes EVGA the best warranty and customer service around period, end of story. Why purchase any other brand now? Free crossship, seriously? No longer have to register, and warranty transfers. What the f... Thats great.

Now if only they would make AMD cards as well :cool:

Wow....

seriously right? i mean free cross shipping and no registration warranty just kills the competition....I know Asus & MSI has a no registration warranty as well (serial #)...but they don't have free cross shipping!!

congrats to EVGA...but lets hope we don't see any price hikes....like a reference GTX 680 from the "other" companies selling for $500, and the EVGA reference one for $560

Fantastic news! Makes me feel so much better about the GTX570 I just purchased on the FS/T forum this week :)

Fantastic news! Makes me feel so much better about the GTX570 I just purchased on the FS/T forum this week :)

Assuming the original owner purchased the card after June 2011.... otherwise it still carries the old warranty policy and does not transfer.

congrats to EVGA...but lets hope we don't see any price hikes....like a reference GTX 680 from the "other" companies selling for $500, and the EVGA reference one for $560
I think I understand now.

So, as I briefly mentioned, I used to talk smack about EVGA along the lines of "an EVGA card without a lifetime warranty is just an overpriced card", and shunned them altogether. But that's how they made their claim to fame, the cards they made were supposedly of such high quality that they were willing to warrant them for a lifetime, and that's how they've stayed on top...

Now, if we suppose that other manufacturers are of competing quality now, as well as the fact that EVGA is offering less and less lifetime warranties per generation (only on specific reference cards, AFAIK and at the moment), then EVGA needs to set the bar higher once again.

Well, this would be the right way to do it! =D Instead of blustering about good quality while keeping prices high, it looks like they're going to keep putting their money where their mouth is--considering they still stand to potentially lose money from this

Awesome. Now they just need to bring back the Lifetime warranty on their products.

It's still there, but I sense that it's slowly getting phased out, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is meant to be an exchange for that phasing out. XFX is doing the same thing on the AMD side as well, with less fanfare.

Lifetime warranty on something that's as less than rock solid reliable as a video card tends to be probably isn't all that economical at this point tbh.

but lets hope we don't see any price hikes....like a reference GTX 680 from the "other" companies selling for $500, and the EVGA reference one for $560

Supply and demand. There will be greater demand for EVGA over the competition because of this amazing warranty. The more people purchase EVGA cards because of this awesome warranty, the less supply there will be. Higher demand with lower supply = more expensive.

Whole reason I purchased XFX cards in the past was the transferable/lifetime warranty. I've read EVGA having great customer service over the years and am looking into the 680, so now I know who I'm going to go with.

It's still there, but I sense that it's slowly getting phased out, and I wouldn't be surprised if this is meant to be an exchange for that phasing out. XFX is doing the same thing on the AMD side as well, with less fanfare.

Lifetime warranty on something that's as less than rock solid reliable as a video card tends to be probably isn't all that economical at this point tbh.

Its pretty much already phased out. Lifetime warranty is what got them where they are pretty much. I can see having cheaper SKUs with non lifetime warranties but it should be standard on all of them.

This makes me want to get 580 GTX now and step up to 680 GTX when it's out :)

I doubt the transferrable warranty will still be life time. Guess it'll look like Asus or Msi, probably with 1 or 2 more years. Start seeing them selling 3 year warranty GTX 480 recently.

BTW, XFX gives up lifetime warranty as well. Kinda like a industry trend.

I doubt the transferrable warranty will still be life time. Guess it'll look like Asus or Msi, probably with 1 or 2 more years. Start seeing them selling 3 year warranty GTX 480 recently.

BTW, XFX gives up lifetime warranty as well. Kinda like a industry trend.

if its 3 years warranty or more...thats fine with me...and most other people out there

1 year is all it takes for a new GPU to hit the market...2 years and your card is pretty out dated...of course, there are variables, such as, if you buy a top dog card right now, it "might" last more than 2 years....but that is a generalization

IMO, this is new change is great for those who like to change their GPU's often....within 1 or 2 years that is...and with a 3 year transferable warranty, and free cross shipping, it just doesn't get better than that!

IMO, this is new change is great for those who like to change their GPU's often....within 1 or 2 years that is...and with a 3 year transferable warranty, and free cross shipping, it just doesn't get better than that!

Can't agree more. It used to be the reason I choose Asus/MSI over eVGA. Time to switch back:D

Can't agree more. It used to be the reason I choose Asus/MSI over eVGA. Time to switch back:D

yup, same here...MSI was ftw because of the no hassle serial number warranty...selling it was no problems on the forum

i just wish EVGA would release more aftermarket stuff, instead of mostly reference cards....sure I know theres a 580 classy ultra, which is completely non reference...but it took almost a year to hit the market...and now its pretty much obsolete with Kepler around the corner....MSI & Asus release their custom cooled and custom PCB cards within 2 months or so

"Stay tuned for more details coming April 2nd, 2012!!!"

So... do we have a release date for the EVGA GTX 680 now?

If I may ask a silly question, how does this stack up vs the warranty offered by Asus?

If I may ask a silly question, how does this stack up vs the warranty offered by Asus?

Heh. Well, EVGA has always had the best customer service so by default that was always better than Asus and every other brand.

Now they have free crosshipping rma service, Asus isnt free. Evga cards are now similar to Asus with having warranty for the product, not the user. Also dont have to register for warranty any longer, which kind of goes in hand with having warranty for product. So now Evga warranty trumps Asus and every other brand in every way.

Heh. Well, EVGA has always had the best customer service so by default that was always better than Asus and every other brand.

Now they have free crosshipping rma service, Asus isnt free. Evga cards are now similar to Asus with having warranty for the product, not the user. Also dont have to register for warranty any longer, which kind of goes in hand with having warranty for product. So now Evga warranty trumps Asus and every other brand in every way.

The free crosshipping is appealing, as is the lifetime vs limited warranty period of Evga vs Asus. Thanks for the answer as I've pretty much settled on the card I want when Kepler drops and now looking at which manufacturer to buy from. Specifically on how the price side of things swing post launch.

Back