New Ender 3 V2 Owner Checkig In....

maclem8223

[H]ard|Gawd
Wow...what a rabbit hole and journey so far. I don't think I kept a valid warranty for more that 2 days but anyways on with the post! Ender 3 V2 4.2.2. original board replaced with a 4.2.7. Added a bltouch 3.1 and that's where shit went wrong. I thought I'd get fancy and upgrade the firmware and everything right along with it, there were.....problems. I tore the whole printer back down after finding a wonderful first build setup. Ender 3 V2 Build guide and tips This did wonders for my prints. Also, joined a 3d print discord to figure what was going on with my bltouch and the z-offset not saving. Come to find out the firmware doesn't like to save the z-offset settings with the V2..There's more to it but that is the gist. Started off with printing functional things, Pi4 Case, cam mount, extender feet, V2 silent mod parts, a dragon, you know...the important stuff. Replacement fans should be here this weekend. My favorite upgrade so far has to be installing Octoprint/Octolapse. Started to do some video editing with the octolapse vids in premiere pro, this is only a sample and only my 2nd ever edited vid, go easy on my lol.

I got a v2 as my first printer last month. Did the bltouch 3.1 from creality and couldn't get their firmware to work at all, 4.2.2 stock board and it would just beep at me when I tried to flash it. Ended up finding the smith3d firmware and guide and it works great (https://smith3d.com/ender-3-v2-bltouch-firmware-installation-guide-by-smith3d-com/). They add some nice features to the menu, as well as probing a 5x5 vs the 3x3.

I tried the smith3d firmware and never could get the LCD to update. May give it another go this weekend.

It took me 2 tries to get the screen done, make sure the DWIN_SET folder is the only thing on the sd card when you put it in the back of the screen.

It took me 2 tries to get the screen done, make sure the DWIN_SET folder is the only thing on the sd card when you put it in the back of the screen.
That must have been it, installed first time this morning lol. Thanks!

Back