New Desk build

goodrob

Limp Gawd
Been working on this slowly over time. This was my first woodworking project, had to buy so many tools. Well I say had to really just wanted to buy them. I learned a lot while building this. I know where i messed up on parts, a few things I would change looking back. Overall I am happy with it. Looking to see if I have an old photo of how things were set up for comparison. Also bought logitech g560 speakers for this, my old desk had a couple $10 speakers i bought just to have some sound not through my headset. Some generic specs on the PC it is over 4 years old now, so new desk means build a new PC right? i7-6700k, 32gb ram, 500gb evo ssd, gtx 1070, 2 32" curved monitors.

. finished.jpgcoming together.jpgshelves.jpgparts.jpgpoly desktop.jpgsanding.jpgraw desktop.jpgputting together.jpgmonitor stand.jpg

Nice, but doesn't that put the monitors up way too high? (Unless your nickname in high school was Lurch.)

Nice, but doesn't that put the monitors up way too high? (Unless your nickname in high school was Lurch.)
yeah they are a bit higher than i wanted, the most i can do is lower about an inch and keep the wow server blade underneath. If I remove it then I can drop about 4 inches, but then i have no where for it to be displayed currently. They really are not extremely high so it is not horrible. Again learned lots about building this and definitely would change a few things if i could go back.

Behold, my desk– Destroyer of Knees!

Nice desk, don't think I could use it though. Needs my leg room.

Back