New build and slow it will be

TeleFragger

[H]ard|Gawd
I tend to blabber so ..
abridged version:
* Looking for recommendations on rgb fans and fan controller that would look good in that case - Thermaltake 900 Tower in black
Also PSU - still running the old one yall recommended many moons ago.. Corsair hx620w and it is now in my storage server.

Blabber history lesson... lol

Well all yall helped me in 2009 on what to build...
I built a
Antec 900 case
XFX mobo
Q6600 stepping 0
2x xfx 9600 gtx in SLI
4x2gb dims
all i can remember lol
EVERYTHING I bought had a rebate which made it sweet and $1200... hell Vista ran like a champ! hah

so then after that computer died, I started using Dell machines.. and my latest yall helped me with cpu upgrade... think xeon e5-2678 v3 12 core 24 ht....
and just been going with that.. slow... working.. but that machine died...

took my eSXI box... Lenovo dual xeon.. popped that xeon in, bought a 2nd.. and now i run Windows 10, few ssd, 160gb ram, dual xeon and gtx 1060 (i know i know)
and I game with every setting off or low and struggle to pull 50-60fps in warzone.... but it is smooth, works... i still suck at the game lol....

anywho.. told the wife it is time cuz i was having problems getting it to boot up and I had college homework to do.. (being 49 and in college sucks by the way)...

Pre covid - I wanted the Thermaltake 900 Tower in black... it was $250 and covid drove it as high as $450!!!!!!!

well I just found it on Amazon for $250 plus NJ 7% tax but free shipping!!!!! WOOOT!!!! will be here tomorrow!!!!

Next I am going to order some fans and fan controller so..
* Looking for recommendations on rgb fans and fan controller that would look good in that case

My goal after reading and participating in What Z690 board are you eyeing? I learned that DDR4 and DDR5 will require different mobo and DDR5 is still $$$$$

so I plan on moving my DDR4 memory and 3x1tb ssd over to the new build...
leaving me with
Mobo/CPU
and eventually hunting down a video card as I see they are getting reasonable now!!!!!

Last edited:
so this case is massive.. totally loving it.
Just set it up and put 3x 1tb ssd in it for storage.

Next up looking for recommendations on PSU. Going to go into the PSU area and read up what should do well... but looking for guidance as yall recommened the Corsair hx620w many moons ago and it is still running strong in my storage server running 40 drives!

evga 1300 watt and cheap card reader added.

now eyeballing ryzen 7 5800x3d and mobo..

Attachments

• 20240417_190035.jpg
    20240417_190035.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 1
Back