New ASUS X570 BIOS Update [02/05/2021] - Version 3405

Yeah, I remember seeing this on asus.com when I was looking for the BiosRenamer tool after seeing people post on reddit that renaming the bios file would allow downgrades. A simple renaming in windows did not do it for me. Couldn't find that link at first, but here it is: https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1038568

They recommend FAT16 or FAT32. The interesting thing is that I did not have to rename. Just the FAT32 format of the drive did it. That is what the youtube dude is pointing out.

The bios renamer and renaming is not for a straight flash which is what the video you linked is talking about. The renamer is used during bios flashback which NOT all boards will have that capability such as your TUF Gaming. Bios flashback is pretty useful for bios bricked machines or incompatible bios versions where it allows you to flash the bios even with those conditions.

This has been a very useful thread for me to troubleshoot my system. Registered just to post my experience. My configuration is TUF Gaming x570 Plus (no wifi), RYZEN 3900X and Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3600 2x16GB. Memtest works fine, going through 4 passes with no error.

Each upgrade from 1407 made things a little more unstable. With version 2607, I could get 3200 MHz to run stable. Anything above that would give random reboots. DOCP settings gave a very unstable setup. The instability showed up both under Windows 10 and Linux Mint 20. With Linux I could watch the boot messages on the console. Could only catch a glimpse of some types of "Hardware error." One that stood out was the infamous "...No IRQ handler for Vector ..." error.

In any case, I downgraded to 1407 and the problems seem to have gone. System seems stable and the boot error messages are gone all the while running with DOCP at 3600 MHz. Will try tighter timings later if this stays stable.

Note on downgrading: I had to format my USB drive to Fat32 in order for EZ Flash 3 to recognize it as a valid bios file for the downgrade. Upgrades worked fine without the Fat32 trick. I don't know why this is, but I am thankful somebody found this:

I'm currently setting up the same board you have with a 3900X and G.Skill 3600 Hynix memory from the QVL. I've flashed the BIOS to the most current version. I wonder if I'll have the same issues you do. This is going to be a server. I guess I should run memtest at the stock DOCP settings before I do too much else. I may need to hunt down that 1407 BIOS just to have on hand.

Memtest ran just fine with 2607 for me. The instability showed up in one of the OS's I booted to - Windows, or Linux. Suddenly without warning, the machine turned off.

Having downgraded to 1407, and with DOCP at 3600 MHz, I haven't seen any instability in the last 20 hours as I am stress testing. Ran large FFTs with Prime95 for 5 hours - this is supposed to torture test the memory and memory controller. I am now running blended tests, and past hour 14, everything looks stable. I also did some streaming for about an hour while Prime95 was running and everything held up.

As I understand, Memtest and Prime95 are sensitive to different faults. Run both tests. 2607 may work for you. Looks like others had better luck than me with it.

Personally, I am going to stick with 1407 for now.

Memtest ran just fine with 2607 for me. The instability showed up in one of the OS's I booted to - Windows, or Linux. Suddenly without warning, the machine turned off.

Having downgraded to 1407, and with DOCP at 3600 MHz, I haven't seen any instability in the last 20 hours as I am stress testing. Ran large FFTs with Prime95 for 5 hours - this is supposed to torture test the memory and memory controller. I am now running blended tests, and past hour 14, everything looks stable. I also did some streaming for about an hour while Prime95 was running and everything held up.

As I understand, Memtest and Prime95 are sensitive to different faults. Run both tests. 2607 may work for you. Looks like others had better luck than me with it.

Personally, I am going to stick with 1407 for now.
MemTest 86 running right now. I've got 32GB, so it will be a while to finish 4 passes.

Edit: It finished rather quickly with no errors, then I realized that it only showed 16GB. One of the sticks was not fully seated. Oh well, here we go again, 5.5 hours. Tomorrow I hope to run Prime95 like you did.

Last edited:
MemTest 86 running right now. I've got 32GB, so it will be a while to finish 4 passes.

Edit: It finished rather quickly with no errors, then I realized that it only showed 16GB. One of the sticks was not fully seated. Oh well, here we go again, 5.5 hours. Tomorrow I hope to run Prime95 like you did.

Very strange, I reseated the RAM, then got a failure on Test 6 right away. I reseated again and it passed the 5.5 hours of testing. It also passed 6 hours of Prime 95 large FFTs.
Then, I went in and disabled spread spectrum and ran Memtest 86 again and it failed test 6 right away. I'm running again now and it just passed Test 6. We'll see what happens by tomorrow morning.

Update: It passed the full 5.5 hour test. Kind of concerning that it randomly fails the first try. Hope I don't have on bade section on one of the sticks that only shows up when accessed.

Update 2: I tightened up memory timings per the 1usmus DRAM calculator and went from 70.2 latency to 68.4. I was able to pass the full memtest86+ and 6 or so hours of Prime95 large FFTs.

WheelNinja I'm going to say the newest BIOS seems to work fine for me. Now watch, I'll be running some mundane app and the computer will reboot...

Last edited:
I noticed something about my system:

When I set the VDDCR SOC voltage to 1.05V, the system ran stably at even DOCP/XMP settings. But when I set the same VDDCR SOC voltage to 1.1V, my system shut down and rebooted at random, even when idle.

I am now learning this: The older BIOSes applied a bit too little SOC voltage, so the system suffered the occasional crash or lock-up. Too much SOC voltage (as the newer BIOSes default to when using DOCP) can, and does, result in random shutdowns and restarts even when the system is idle and in Safe Mode. And that's especially true if that PC is equipped with a very fast m.2 NVMe SSD. Simply put, the 22xx and earlier BIOS versions lock the SOC voltage to 1.0V even though Ryzen Master indicated 1.364V, while the 24xx and newer BIOSes use exactly 1.1V - the very voltage that random shutdown/restarts begin to occur.

And because the AMD BIOSes apply an incorrect amount of VDDRC SOC voltage at their XMP memory profiles, it's no wonder why things are a little screwy on the AMD side.

Although I am generally more than satisfied with my AMD upgrade build, there are people (primarily the autoset-and-forget crowd) that I feel would be better off with an Intel build.

WheelNinja I'm going to say the newest BIOS seems to work fine for me. Now watch, I'll be running some mundane app and the computer will reboot...
Good for you. I am going to stay at 1407. Got the timings tightened up using DRAM calculator. All solid and predictable. I am going to leave it here for now and actually use my machine for what it was meant for and not dink around with it any more.
Did you see E4g1e's post on VDDCR SOC voltage? There might be something to this.

Good for you. I am going to stay at 1407. Got the timings tightened up using DRAM calculator. All solid and predictable. I am going to leave it here for now and actually use my machine for what it was meant for and not dink around with it any more.
Did you see E4g1e's post on VDDCR SOC voltage? There might be something to this.
Funny you should say that. I followed the DRAM calculator and have SOC voltage at 1.05v. I'm getting ready to put 64GB of the same RAM into my Asus Crosshair Hero VIII which is on a 22xx BIOS. Currently, it's at 1.10125 or something like that for SOC voltage in BIOS. HWINFO 64 shows it at 1.1v even.

Just an FYI.

"Any BIOS update on these boards that includes AGESA 1.0.8.0 code or newer will be able to post and boot into a system with a Zen 3 processor installed. AMD then says for the best Zen 3 experience there will be a further BIOS update to AGESA 1.1.0.0 around launch on November 5."

Good to know because I just ordered a Crosshair VIII Hero in anticipation of Zen 3.

They at least thought ahead this time, and looks like the cpu upgrades will go much smoother. I actually just upgraded mine a few weeks ago due to the improvements in the new agesa, and I ended up getting new ryzen support as a bonus :)

I updated to 2606. It is more stable than 2407 for me, but still ...
Because of it being unstable, I wanted to downgrade to 2203. 2203 is stable in my setup. But no. The flashtool does not accept the old version :(
Hi,
A little update.
Missed out on installing latest chipset driver. With new driver my mobo is stable :)

Hi,

I currently have a X570-F under bios 1407.
I would like to know if you have had any feedback on the 2608 version? do you think it is stable enough to be installed?
There are lower versions that are more stable maybe? (2606 or less?)

Ty

Hi,
A little update.
Missed out on installing latest chipset driver. With new driver my mobo is stable :)
Hi, Again!
Here is another update.
I have three monitors and for a reason, I replaced a DisplayPort cable with a HDMI cable. And now the random reboots happens again!!! Replaced back the DisplayPort cable, and the reboots are gone!!!
How is it possible!? How could bios update have this effect!? Wish that I could revert to 2203 to see if reboots occur with HDMI cable.

Interesting that Strix-F is up to 2609 but Strix-E is still at 2606. I had thought that the E model included all the features than the F model plus some additional features, so that any changes to the F BIOS would certainly apply to the E model.
They finally got an updated BIOS for my Crosshair VIII Hero.

My Prime Pro board only has 2606 available as well.

They should drop another one before Nov 5 based on AGESA combo V2 PI 1.1.0.0

Interesting that Strix-F is up to 2609 but Strix-E is still at 2606. I had thought that the E model included all the features than the F model plus some additional features, so that any changes to the F BIOS would certainly apply to the E model.

No that is bad. The E has different vrms, it's basically an ROG board same vrms. The F is more like the lower line boards does not use the ROG vrms. They look the same but its in the details.

Reactions: x509
like this
i had to get the new 2802 bios off the china site for some reason our -e is not getting updated on the english sites every other x570 asus makes got updated. The new bios has the beta feature that used to only be on the crosshair boards now PBO Fmax enhancer my tuf gaming has the feature now also so i guess asus is putting it on all there x570 boards.
https://www.asus.com.cn/Motherboards/ROG-Strix-X570-E-Gaming/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Last edited:
Version 2802 2020/10/23 19.72 MBytes

ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING BIOS 2802
"1. Updated AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 Patch B
2. Improve system performance and stability
3. Improved DRAM compatibility"

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-Strix-X570-F-Gaming/HelpDesk_BIOS/

nice this bios also has been posted for my board will update to it after i'm done eating lunch.

Version 2802 2020/10/2320.01 MBytes
PRIME X570-PRO BIOS 2802
"1. Updated AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 Patch B
3. Improved DRAM compatibility"

i had to get the new 2802 bios off the china site for some reason our -e is not getting updated on the english sites every other x570 asus makes got updated. The new bios has the beta feature that used to only be on the crosshair boards now PBO Fmax enhancer my tuf gaming has the feature now also so i guess asus is putting it on all there x570 boards.
https://www.asus.com.cn/Motherboards/ROG-Strix-X570-E-Gaming/HelpDesk_BIOS/

the -E is updated on the US Engeisha site now:

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-Strix-X570-E-Gaming/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Just installed it, everything working normally here (after I input my settings again)

So a couple of people were asking about the ROG Crosshair VIII Hero and how things were going with the newest BIOS (2206). I'm running the non Wi-Fi edition of the motherboard which I installed last Labor Day Weekend this year. First thing I did when I got my system together and powered it on was flash the BIOS to 2206 right off the bat. I can report except for an M.2 SSD acting like it died (but needed to be reseated) I've had 0 issues with the board on BIOS version 2206. It runs incredibly well and quite stable except for the hiccup with the SSD I mentioned but I don't blame the board there. Thanks. Out!

I put 2802 on my Tuf Gaming x-50 plus and it is nice and stable. Previously I could only get 1407 to provide a stable system.

With 2802 DOCP worked fine. So I tightened timings with dram calculator at 3600 MHz. Memtest and mprime ran fine with tight timings. No sudden reboots or any other instabilities so far with both Win10 and Linux Mint 20.

Last edited:
I put 2802 on my Tuf Gaming x-50 plus and it is nice and stable. Previously I could only get 1407 to provide a stable system.

With 2802 DOCP worked fine. So I tightened timings with dram calculator at 3600 MHz. Memtest and mprime ran fine with tight timings. No sudden reboots or any other instabilities so far with both Win10 and Linux Mint 20.
Ditto. Ran TM5 with extreme config until in complete. No issues so far.

i havet messed with my ram yet but i loaded my old profile off my usb drive and its working fine no issues im about to buy some new ram whenever it comes in stock so no need to play with my ram i dont think. Off topic some but have any of you used this ram on the x570 asus boards from what i can tell the non rgb is same as rgb just micron -e ram.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod..._ballistix_32gb_16x2_3600_mhz.html?ap=y&smp=y
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...bl_ballistix_rgb_32gb_16x2_3600.html/overview

A little late to the conversation on this one but I've had nothing but issues on my STRIX x570-E and 3800x CPU. It seems like any bios revision beyond 1407 and 2204 (to some extent) are plague with issues (my personal favorite being popping/crackling audio any time there's a noise while idle). The most common is random black screen reboots (almost instantaneous) or whea-logger errors that just state "No Error" within event viewer when any RAM timings are selected.

I've tried a a different set of ram from the QVL list, a new 850w Seasonic PSU, reseating the existing ram (which is samsung b-die), a new GPU and physically checking all connections, formatting and reinstalling Windows, etc.... Temperature has never been an issue from what I can see in HWInfo. CPU has never gone above 65 degrees while gaming (nor has the GPU for that matter).

At this point I am not sure if the motherboard or CPU is buggered. I am really wishing I had gone with MSI/Gigabyte this time around but on paper the x570-E had very good reviews (and ASUS itself is known for quality, or at least was).

If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. I am honestly out of ideas outside of basically downgrading and never updating my BIOS again (which would be fairly unfortunate as there's a few new features they've introduced that I like; it's also strange to me that it's almost every revision after a certain point that causes nothing but instability for me). Alternatively, I am getting to the point where I am just going to buy a new MB / Zen 3 CPU and be done with it.

Current system is below:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor

RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZR (16.0GB)

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING (2802 BIOS)

Power Supply: Seasonic FOCUS GX 850W 80+ Gold (brand new)

Graphics: MSI RTX 2060 Gaming X

Storage: 11M4-CT128M4SSD2 (SSD), Samsung 860 EVO (SSD), Force MP510 (NVME)

External Audio: SCHIIT Hel DAC/AMP

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C

Case Fans: x2 140mm intake, x2 120mm exhaust rear/top (cpu cooler also has two fans on it).

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
i had some wierd issues on my gaming -e when i built it and what fixed it for me was pulling the cpu out and putting it back in no issues sence i did that. Before i did that if i messed with ram timings my board would not post and not even reset cmos i had to do bios flashback to just get it to post again.

Updated OP with latest BIOs release notes:

Version 2802 2020/10/23
PRIME X570-PRO BIOS 2802
1. Updated AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.0.0 Patch B
3. Improved DRAM compatibility

If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. I am honestly out of ideas outside of basically downgrading and never updating my BIOS again (which would be fairly unfortunate as there's a few new features they've introduced that I like; it's also strange to me that it's almost every revision after a certain point that causes nothing but instability for me). Alternatively, I am getting to the point where I am just going to buy a new MB / Zen 3 CPU and be done with it.

Thanks everyone.
I feel your pain. Prior to this release, the only stable bis for me was 1407. Nothing wrong with that if it gives you a stable system. I might have just stayed on 1407. I recently switched cases (to a Meshify C) and decided to take a chance with this latest bios since I was messing with the system anyway. I have to say I am glad I did. Its been rock solid on 2802 for the Asus Tuf x-gaming plus. Today, just for kicks, I pushed my ram to 3733 MHz. Also stable, but not much gained. So I dialed it back to 3600 MHz.

Reseating components has fixed odd issues for me in the past. Your components look great. So not much else to add. Good luck.

The bios lowered voltage quite a bit btw so any voltage tweak may need to be evaluated again for stability, for me i got new record cinebench score 7485 i stopped doing voltage tweak in past cos clonezilla linux kernel based would get lot of kernel panic issues would stop at -0.04 or so so far had no issues like that i could push voltage tweak and still be stable at -0.13250 but would instantly kernel panic in linux based kernels

This bios gives me an extra 50mhz on boost. PBO Fmax is on!

Prior to this my max boost was 4490.

CPU Z boost clocks2.png

I hesitate to switch to the 2802, the 1407 is totally stable but normally the 2802 should bring additional things or even optimizations.

Big hesitation on my side.

Quick update.... fingers crossed but I believe I may have solved my random reboots that were happening. However, I am getting (at least once or twice a day) the following (and usually in quick succession):

event19.png

What I find interesting is that it's saying that it corrected an error...but the error type shows no error? I've ran Prime-95 for about an hour or so and Memtest86 passed with 0 errors. I am kind of at a loss on this one...

Last edited:
If personally not changed my undervolt yet and haven't gotten single random reboot or shutdown yet, usually undervolt cause no issues except under linux for me.

Back