new amd build need help on mobo choice

goodrob

Limp Gawd
I am building a new pc with one of the new cpus just released. still gathering multiple parts for this but trying to decide on a motherboard. Below are a few i have been checking out. One of the things I am looking for is ability to flash bios without CPU since I dont have an existing amd cpu to throw in it. So far I have seen gigabyte and MSI have this capability have not seen it on others yet. I could be missing it. thoughts on these or other suggestions. also the list is in no particular order.

gigabyte x570 Aorus Master
msi x570-tomahawk(if it is ever in stock)
msi Meg x570 Unify
asus rog crosshair VIII hero

I would go for either Gigabyte Aorus Master or MSI tomahawk/Unify. The reason I don't choose Asus is based on bad customer service if you need RMA.

I have been looking for X570 Tomahawk for a while and its really hard to get it.

I have been leaning towards teh tomahawk because its like $80 cheaper at MSRP than the others and has everything i want, its just never in stock and only third party selling for the same price as the unify. I may give it till the end of the week with my alerts ready just in case before i pull the trigger on something else. Thank you for your input on this. NExt big choice is the memory and so many factors on that, wish i had kept up with all of it instead putting it of since I was not building anything. Its feeling like i am cramming for a big test reading everything.

Out of the 4 motherboards you list goodrob I actually own one of them: the ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero. The experience I've had with mine has been most superb. While I know ASUS Support can be a great pain in the keester if you have to use them to RMA a DOA mobo, if you decide to get one and you get a good and working one out of the box it can provide one of the best experiences you can buy. I was skeptical about ASUS because of their support when I got mine (still am now) but again if you get a good and working one it won't do you wrong. Just make sure before installing Windows, flash the BIOS to the most current version. Because you're using a Ryzen Zen 3 5000 CPU that would be a BETA BIOS. I don't normally use BETA BIOS' myself. However; being that you need the latest AGESA 1.1.0.0 patch with your BIOS you may have to wind up using it. The other board I could recommend out of the 4 if you think ASUS is going to send you a dead mobo is the MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk Wi-Fi. That I've heard is also a great bang for the buck X570 board at under $250. There's my thoughts and until next time I am out!

got the instock notice for the tomahawk a couple minutes ago so snagged that. i did prefer spending little over 200 than 300. now to get ram, m.2 and hope i can snag a big navi card next week

right now I only miss the CPU. currently I only have 1700x, and I think it won't work with X570. 3080 is ready, M.2 is aready.

Back