New 5700XT is VERY choppy with video playback?

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
I just bought a 5700XT and the video playback is horrible when seeking in Media Player Classic and GOM.

When I click on another time in the video it has a couple second pause then plays it. Anytime I move the video it does this.

Using the 19.8.1 driver and a fresh Win 10 install.

Never had any issues with my older Vega 64.

Also when playing Divinity Original Sin 2 everything seems jerky.

HDMI or DP? In Radeon Settings > Display > Specs > Override is HDCP enabled or disabled?

Game performance can be a variety of things. Enhanced Sync, anti-lag, chill, FRTC, etc. can all affect perceived smoothness.

I believe its a windows 10 issue. I started getting this on my RX 5700XT... just swapped to an RTX 2080 - Same thing now.

It's a Windows plus mpc problem, I had to disable something in mpc-hc to fix it, when I get home I'll have to look it up. Had the problem with both my Vega 56 and 1070.

ok found the setting.. go to options/playback/output and check D3D fullscreen, should fix the choppy issue, everything else in my MPC-HC client are the default settings other than that. you lose the toolbar in full screen but other than that it works perfectly fine.

Last edited:
I was having random blue screens with 19.8.1 on my 5700 non XT .. driver 19 .7. 5 was on the system when I got the card and just adding the card worked out fine but , Once I updated the driver the BS started coming on windows .. I readied that you need to DDU this thing till 800 x 600 appears and then reboot and install the driver and no more BS for me since I did it .. It took 2 rounds of DDU and afew reboots and cmos reset was next.. but It was not needed .

These cards want a clean install almost to the hardware level of the cmos and no left overs from anything before .

It does seem to crash with VMWare open a lot now too and I do not have acceleration for 3d on either.

Back