New 1800fp! :)

mrurmil

Weaksauce
I got my 1800fp today! I can't describe how amazed I am with this monitor. I'm using DVI outpout now instead of VGA, which I could only use with my old LCD. This monitor is gigantic, it's going to take time for my eyes to adjust to it. Oh and the best part, I have 0 dead pixels! Here are some pics:

Fresh out the box!
mon1.jpg

Comparison to old monitor.
mon2.jpg

All setup.
mon4.jpg

:)

Oh yeah, I'm now running 1280x1024@60Hz now. Anyways, this is the only refresh rate I can choose from properties. I'm thinking if I get the nVidia refresh rate fixer thing I will be able to choose more options, but would you guys recommend upping the refresh rate from the dell recommended? If yes, what to? Also, what resolution would you guys recommend playing games on?

leave it at 60Hz.

its been said a billion (actually, a billion and one now) times that LCDs dont benefit from running higher refresh rates.

60Hz is the standard that we all run our LCDs at.

Originally posted by mrurmil
Oh yeah, I'm now running 1280x1024@60Hz now. Anyways, this is the only refresh rate I can choose from properties. I'm thinking if I get the nVidia refresh rate fixer thing I will be able to choose more options, but would you guys recommend upping the refresh rate from the dell recommended? If yes, what to? Also, what resolution would you guys recommend playing games on?

My 1800fp is running great at 60hz. You do not up the refresh rate for lcds.

congrats on the new lcd, i know the feeling when I got mine :).

Back