Never seen before! World smallest ITX case with full size GPU 4.7L, ready to break record!

If you managed to fit a Mini ITX board, an ITX graphics card and a DC-DC PSU into a 3L mini-tower, you must have defied the laws of physics. I would really love to see that concept, I've been waiting for something like it -- a truly portable desktop PC. I think it'll be your best seller as there are already good options for the other configs.
I'm going to show it next week, that is amazing idea.
But the first thing I need to show is the viable and quality of my fabrication method, a new method.

You have to put the DC-DC flat under the motherboard and GPU, there's not enough room on the GPU side. At that point you're looking at 3.8L. You could potentially only support HDPlex/Dynamo 160W or G-Unique that connects directly to the 24-pin (not worth it IMO), then you're looking at ~ 3.3L. 3L seems impossible, but I'm curious to see what LegoFab has thought of.
See answer above.

3L model in Monster series basically looks like this (unibody Aluminum CNC Fabricate - same like a MacBook pro)
Size 321x186x53 = 3L outline.
Support M2 only.
Support 170mm GPU card (gigabyte mini series).
Support 320W DC + brick (dual 24pin DC adapter), or SFX, FLEX PSU via ATX connector side panel and PSU holder (PSU connected to case frame via kit) so you don't need any DC adapter or brick.
Price estimated for Unibody Aluminium version is about 200-300$
LegoFab Version is about 100-200$
Shipping cost by sea way 30-40$, by air 60-70$.
Vj9vZeB.png
2VbNif8.png

KWO6HWC.png

bCxVeZC.png

Some Images can be printed to top side by laser:
binary.jpg

hoa-van-trong-dong-vector-trong-dong-dong-son-vector-1219.jpg

Yeah, using it with an external SFX PSU is silly, but it really supports the Gigabyte Mini cards + an internal DC-DC, and it's 3L? Really? That's incredible.

What do you mean by dual 24-pin DC adapter? Those units go up to 160W, how do you use 2 of them?

Sorry dude, that is just hideous...
Just put it under table, Brick size even bigger than SFX with lower power consumption. In the future connector should be magnetic type for better looking.

Yeah, using it with an external SFX PSU is silly, but it really supports the Gigabyte Mini cards + an internal DC-DC, and it's 3L? Really? That's incredible.

What do you mean by dual 24-pin DC adapter? Those units go up to 160W, how do you use 2 of them?
Yeah! support all Gigabyte mini series, u can use a couple 2 pin like HDPLEX 160W Nano with sync function or jumping cable, one supply power to motherboard, one supply power to GPU card. Vent hole all size is invisible.

It's actually smaller than 3l (312x53x186) due fillet 4 sides. and can be smaller if just use SFX out side and 120mm GPU card height.

Yeah! support all Gigabyte mini series, u can use a couple 2 pin like HDPLEX 160W Nano with sync function or jumping cable, one supply power to motherboard, one supply power to GPU card. Vent hole all size is invisible.

Is there an easy way to do that? Where would you mount the second one? I guess G-Unique would be the easy way to do it.

It's actually smaller than 3l (312x53x186) due fillet 4 sides. and can be smaller if just use SFX out side and 120mm GPU card height.

Actually yeah, if you make it to only fit a low-profile card, than a 160W PSU would be enough and you could have a super tiny case that could fit up to a 1050 Ti. That would be a cool product. Especially in this market with crazy expensive GPUs.

Is there an easy way to do that? Where would you mount the second one? I guess G-Unique would be the easy way to do it.

Actually yeah, if you make it to only fit a low-profile card, than a 160W PSU would be enough and you could have a super tiny case that could fit up to a 1050 Ti. That would be a cool product. Especially in this market with crazy expensive GPUs.
That is also a solution, but uncertificated and 12V is too hot in connector.
I think price for steel version by LegoFab method of this 3L is only about 70$, supper cheap!
This is small enough, my design almost support gaming GPU only (1060 and up), this design will be shown detail in other thread, back to Beetle project, After show some successful prototype of LegoFab method, I will show some models (From S size to L size ,Unibody or from sheets) base on this Beetle and it is really incredible as well.

Just put it under table, Brick size even bigger than SFX with lower power consumption. In the future connector should be magnetic type for better looking.

It's not that simple - you have ton of cables coming off SFX power supply, not just one. Either you have to order longer cables from cable mod so it won't be hanging behind the desk or buy some hideous extenders. Finally while hanging the SFX or ATX will scratch the wall behind the desk or you can hit sharp corners with your leg which won't be pleasant.

Also I, and hopefully other users here, would appreciate if you didn't make ton of threads while you are still figuring out what kind of case you want to make in each of those threads. Look what stelsevo did with his CustomMOD thread here https://hardforum.com/threads/custommod-cases-sfx-mini-slim-flex.1928557/

Also this:
I will not test thermal performance because sure it better than other case (see ventilation system) and the MB in image not working.
Is simply lazy and I will bluntly warn others before buying anything from case makers with such approach.

There's a ton of stuff that can go wrong with case design that is not visible straight away, and by not testing your prototypes correctly you are simply pushing testing and 'debugging' on your clients.

Last edited:
It's not that simple - you have ton of cables coming off SFX power supply, not just one. Either you have to order longer cables from cable mod so it won't be hanging behind the desk or buy some hideous extenders. Finally while hanging the SFX or ATX will scratch the wall behind the desk or you can hit sharp corners with your leg which won't be pleasant.

Also I, and hopefully other users here, would appreciate if you didn't make ton of threads while you are still figuring out what kind of case you want to make in each of those threads. Look what stelsevo did with his CustomMOD thread here https://hardforum.com/threads/custommod-cases-sfx-mini-slim-flex.1928557/
They can detach PSU any time for moving.
I will not test thermal performance because sure it better than other case (see ventilation system) and the MB in image not working.
I will consider a budget to buy new ITX set to test, that hurt my budget.

See this design for ~3L model:
6r4VUBL.jpg

Monster ITX S Unibody in my monster ITX series is the a portable case that I may make for my next long business trip (about 6 months) for an other supper amazing project.
Monster ITX S Unibody support only M2 SSD, 8 pin ATX for 12V PSU only, all 170mm GPUs (Gigabyte mini series):
1k6fuZm.jpg

fHkngCo.jpg

2dZgGIU.jpg

This design for bending GPU I/O bracket style, normal style is also available.
Don't ask why the power button is in bottom side, it's one secret until prototype come out.

It looks like this power connector on the side may potentially collide with motherboard components, VRM, EPS12V/P4 power connector etc.

Also handling GPU mounting through a custom backplate instead of PCI bracket is a no go. It's one of the reason why original steam machine was uncoocked :p

Finally how are you planning to manufacture this? It looks like CNC/injection moulded plastic body. Your earlier concepts looked doable, this is another level of manufacturing capability.

It looks like this power connector on the side may potentially collide with motherboard components, VRM, EPS12V/P4 power connector etc.

Also handling GPU mounting through a custom backplate instead of PCI bracket is a no go. It's one of the reason why original steam machine was uncoocked :p
Power connector is 8 pin ATX and the size is tested OK. and not custom backplate, just bend GPU plate to be flat :) (may be for me only, for other will use normal way).
Finally how are you planning to manufacture this? It looks like CNC/injection moulded plastic body. Your earlier concepts looked doable, this is another level of manufacturing capability.

This is a solid aluminium piece made by CNC milling, I believe you are not familiar CNC milling so you said that.

This is a solid aluminium piece made by CNC milling, I believe you are not familiar CNC milling so you said that.

Really? Our company is designing and modernizing that kind of stuff :) Saper exactly knows what he is talking about. When you are designing something you must know what tools you will use. In this photo you have some serious manufacturing errors, so it would be good if you will talk personally with a technologist, or at least with a CNC Mill operator about this design. You can also try to make a milling simulation in Catia. It will explain you why Saper assumed that you are going with a different manufacturing method.

Small tip: check how milling head in CNC machines works and ask your manufacturer what are the dimensions of their CNC Mill's milling head and type/size of their tool socket :)

Really? Our company is designing and modernizing that kind of stuff :) Saper exactly knows what he is talking about. When you are designing something you must know what tools you will use. In this photo you have some serious manufacturing errors, so it would be good if you will talk personally with a technologist, or at least with a CNC Mill operator about this design. You can also try to make a milling simulation in Catia. It will explain you why Saper assumed that you are going with a different manufacturing method.

Small tip: check how milling head in CNC machines works and ask your manufacturer what are the dimensions of their CNC Mill's milling head and type/size of their tool socket :)
Please advice me what is impossible points !

Please advice me what is impossible points !

I never said that this is impossible. I sad you have errors in this photo. One example:

How are you going to get there with your tool from CNC mill? This point is like 10 mm from the corner? That corner has some internal radus (2-3mm?). Milling cutter has some diameter. I would like to see a tool with which you will do that :)

MSyOHGk.jpg

I use Cutting head for 6 bottom plate.

I won't be arguing with that. It's such a waste of material... :(

I never said that this is impossible. I sad you have errors in this photo. One example:

How are you going to get there with your tool from CNC mill? This point is like 10 mm from the corner? That corner has some internal radus (2-3mm?). Milling cutter has some diameter. I would like to see a tool with which you will do that :)

View attachment 64625

I won't be arguing with that. It's such a waste of material... :(
See more clearly picture:
CubU7Nz.jpg

I know your will said waste material, that why I just use Unibody design for a 3 L case. The price is still good. Bigger case, I use other method.

Power connector is 8 pin ATX and the size is tested OK. and not custom backplate, just bend GPU plate to be flat :) (may be for me only, for other will use normal way).

I assume you have seen this:

gzMw4jx.png

If I understand correctly, your motherboard is upside down and therefore your socket might be intruding into 'Area A' of the mITX spec depending on how much space does your connector take inside in correlation to the distance of motherboard from the edge of the case.

Do you realise that not every board is the same and there are boards with VRMs, shrouds etc? and 24pin connectors located on that edge? There are boards that occupy that space, like for example:

ASRock-X299E-ITXac-X299-X99-comparison2.jpg

Those are obviously extreme examples, but there are boards that have the ATX connectors on that edge as well as the RAM modules located there.

I know what CNC means, note the fact that I wrote 'CNC/injection moulded plastic body'. My point is if you go CNC with something like this, then this will really expensive and time consuming to manufacture, and if you go with plastic moulds, then you'll need to make quite a lot of units to make the price go down to cover up the costs of moulds. 3D printing might do the job somehow, but the effect won't be perfect unless you spend some additional effort on the external surface and this will be time consuming, which in the end costs money.

Btw do you plan to make that whole piece from single aluminium block? Because it looks like that from your screenshots (no connection points between what looks to be CNC'd and flat pieces and no joint elements). That will take quite a lot of time to make a single unit, if that's what you are planning to do.

In comparison to that, your original idea of making walls come together like puzzles was quite interesting from manufacturing and shipping points of view - in both it looked promising to be really cheap. The only concern was it if the final product will be really appealing to the customer with the way the panels connected.

I assume you have seen this:

View attachment 64629

If I understand correctly, your motherboard is upside down and therefore your socket might be intruding into 'Area A' of the mITX spec depending on how much space does your connector take inside in correlation to the distance of motherboard from the edge of the case.

Do you realise that not every board is the same and there are boards with VRMs, shrouds etc? and 24pin connectors located on that edge? There are boards that occupy that space, like for example:

View attachment 64630

Those are obviously extreme examples, but there are boards that have the ATX connectors on that edge as well as the RAM modules located there.

I know what CNC means, note the fact that I wrote 'CNC/injection moulded plastic body'. My point is if you go CNC with something like this, then this will really expensive and time consuming to manufacture, and if you go with plastic moulds, then you'll need to make quite a lot of units to make the price go down to cover up the costs of moulds. 3D printing might do the job somehow, but the effect won't be perfect unless you spend some additional effort on the external surface and this will be time consuming, which in the end costs money.

Btw do you plan to make that whole piece from single aluminium block? Because it looks like that from your screenshots (no connection points between what looks to be CNC'd and flat pieces and no joint elements). That will take quite a lot of time to make a single unit, if that's what you are planning to do.

In comparison to that, your original idea of making walls come together like puzzles was quite interesting from manufacturing and shipping points of view - in both it looked promising to be really cheap. The only concern was it if the final product will be really appealing to the customer with the way the panels connected.
This case is not for X99 or X299 ITX due X99 or X299 CPU TDP is almost about 100W, this case for 65W and lower CPU only.
I received quotation of 2 vendors for this kind of case, price is good, They know what they need to do. I the future I may buy CNC milling to do.
Unibody design like MAC computer is very beautiful and they have successful with that. Why we don't?

I don't understand "way the panels connected" but every thing in design is OK, bottom side is other plate connected to mainframe by screw or magnet, I may make one for me first.

This case is not for X99 or X299 ITX due X99 or X299 CPU TDP is almost about 100W, this case for 65W and lower CPU only.

I picked those boards as that was first thing I remembered to have such layout, but note the fact that for example gigabyte AM4 board have some connectors located exactly where you want your power plug to be:

13-145-017-V01.jpg

We are also about to see load of new itx boards when the Ryzen 2 comes out and when the intel coffee lake H310, B360 and H370 itx boards come.

I received quotation of 2 vendors for this kind of case, price is good, They know what they need to do. I the future I may buy CNC milling to do.
Unibody design like MAC computer is very beautiful and they have successful with that. Why we don't?

Macs are quite expensive and, since I believe you are talking about macbooks, they are milling out ~1 cm of material inside the frame. You want to mill out like 5 or 6 cm? It'll take proportionally more time to do so.

I don't know what your quotation for that CNC milling is, but remember that the case body is not the only thing that costs money in your product.

I don't understand "way the panels connected" but every thing in design is OK, bottom side is other plate connected to mainframe by screw or magnet, I may make one for me first.

I was talking about your previous "puzzle like" design, not this one. As for the current design, I wanted to know if that piece you are showing with internals is CNC'd from from single piece of aluminium or if somehow you are putting it together from few pieces CNC milled with laser cut sheets of aluminium.

Lol. I did not expect you will have two different radiuses on one corner!? Last photo explained a lot. As I said. It is not impossible, but still difficult to manufacture, will take some machine time and a lot of tools (many different radiuses), and of course a lot of wasted material (this last thing is killing me inside...). Try to optimize the number of tools you will need. This will reduce the final cost of manufacturing because you will reduce machining time.

How thick are the bottom plates? Those holes are threaded? If so, why they are so much chamfered? In aluminium you will need as much material as possible for threads, because threads in aluminium can easily wear out.

Lol. I did not expect you will have two different radiuses on one corner!? Last photo explained a lot. As I said. It is not impossible, but still difficult to manufacture, will take some machine time and a lot of tools (many different radiuses), and of course a lot of wasted material (this last thing is killing me inside...). Try to optimize the number of tools you will need. This will reduce the final cost of manufacturing because you will reduce machining time.

How thick are the bottom plates? Those holes are threaded? If so, why they are so much chamfered? In aluminium you will need as much material as possible for threads, because threads in aluminium can easily wear out.
Magnets for some one don't like screws, many manufacture they use (jonsbo, lian li) thread in AL, no problem, problem only if you using soft AL like 1012. I don't worry too much about manufacturing this time because vendor I confirm that they can do it with good price.
You need to spend a lot of time and money for a beautiful girl right :).

I picked those boards as that was first thing I remembered to have such layout, but note the fact that for example gigabyte AM4 board have some connectors located exactly where you want your power plug to be:

View attachment 64638

We are also about to see load of new itx boards when the Ryzen 2 comes out and when the intel coffee lake H310, B360 and H370 itx boards come.

Macs are quite expensive and, since I believe you are talking about macbooks, they are milling out ~1 cm of material inside the frame. You want to mill out like 5 or 6 cm? It'll take proportionally more time to do so.

I don't know what your quotation for that CNC milling is, but remember that the case body is not the only thing that costs money in your product.

I was talking about your previous "puzzle like" design, not this one. As for the current design, I wanted to know if that piece you are showing with internals is CNC'd from from single piece of aluminium or if somehow you are putting it together from few pieces CNC milled with laser cut sheets of aluminium.
Power port near top corner of I/O port, 1cm distance from MB, i's over enough.

why they are so much chamfered?

Chamfer for thread is only 0.3mm, chamfer for screw is 1.3mm, chamfer make it to be nicer. thread insert is also available but I think no necessary for 6061 or 7075, Apple did not use thread inserted as well.

As I said this case is about 3L so I can use unibody design, from some pieces no much cheaper.

Back