Need suggestions on how to accommodate a 3090 in a Silverstone FT02 case with limited to no space.

I have a fto2 that had 1080tid in sli and a 1060ti as a physix card. Replaced with a 3090 strix now. I removed the fan brackets. And attached them with velcro. Custom magnetic filter on the outside of the case, makes cleaning easy now as the side panel doesn't have to come off.

I've ran the 3090 in both slots same performance either way. All my slots are x16

gamers nexus recently re reviewed these fans against the new noctua big fan and these still performed. He also recently re reviewed this case and it was the second best case every tested narrowly loosing to ... a silverstone case. That was with all the bays in, which can easily be removed and will flow even better. Add in the revised PWM fans which i have now, and it also runs quiter low rpm is 600, and they now will spin at the same rpm as the best 120 mm fan and these are 180mm.

shame you threw out the TJ07 case, they are worth a small fortune now.
No shame at all. I still have the old FT02 in storage, when I have the time if I don't sell it, in the trash it goes.

upgrade incoming...also got my EK 3090 FE block. It's gonna be fun!

2021-04-02.jpg

Back