Need suggestions for Corsair M65 replacement

Droc

2[H]4U
I have been using the Corsair M65 for years....ever since the first iteration came out, I got it right away and loved it. Aluminum body with no bullshit. Smart layout.

But over those years, I have owned 4 of them, and none of them lasting more than 2 years. Even with regular cleaning, the switches always give out and Corsair warrantee has always let me down. Just after 2 years, my M65 RGB is giving out, and Corsair wont warrantee it, and I don't want to dump another pile of cash on a device that wont last, and I am ready to say goodbye to Corsair for good.

I always liked the m65 because it felt incredibly solid with zero creaking. Anyone suggest a high end mouse with exceptional quality

Whatever you get, avoid Logitech. That GHub thing is hot garbage.

I've found the quality of Logitech mice to be superb, and with my G600 at least, it gives you the option to save changes to the mouse settings directly to the mouse's internal memory. So once you configure the mouse once, there is no need to run the software any more unless you want to make more changes. At that point, even if I plug the mouse into another computer that doesn't have the software installed at all, the mouse will still retain it's settings. I launch the program maybe once every 6 months, if that.

I've found the quality of Logitech mice to be superb, and with my G600 at least, it gives you the option to save changes to the mouse settings directly to the mouse's internal memory. So once you configure the mouse once, there is no need to run the software any more unless you want to make more changes. At that point, even if I plug the mouse into another computer that doesn't have the software installed at all, the mouse will still retain it's settings. I launch the program maybe once every 6 months, if that.
That hardware side is fine. But that freaking GHub has been nothing but a nightmare. I avoid using it and used X-Mouse Control instead.

Razer Viper... I love it!

PXL_20210929_182955594.jpg

Wow. I hated the corsair software....the logitch stuff must be bonkers bad

The Logitech software is worse than the corsair software, that said i'm still using a G502 because I was able to move its settings to hardware and never, ever touched GHUB again. I don't even think Ghub was ever installed on my current windows install.

I'm looking for a G502 replacement myself, I need at least 4 extra buttons but I don't want a 12 button grid, or a side joystick, or a toggle switch or anything that ridiculous, so the search continues. Steelseries Rival 5 seems decent but i've heard that the weird paddle button on the side is useless. The Asus Spatha X looks decent but I'd want a wireless version that's not $150 fucking dollars. I also heard that their software is equally egregious. Tempted to give the HyperX Pulsefire Raid a try because I've been incredibly impressed with my HyperX Alloy Elite 2 keyboard - but it's a bit more buttons than I actually want...

I still think, for my tastes, the Steelseries Rival 5 is winning. However my G502 hasn't gotten the deaded double click of death yet, so I still have some time to figure it out.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
It's not any worse than the Corsair software. I wouldn't worry about it.
I agree. I've used Corsair, and Logitech software and they are both about equal IMO. I'm using a G703 wireless and barely use the Ghub software. I really only use it to check the percentage of battery life I have in the mouse and my G915 keyboard from time to time.

I'm using a Logitech G604 Lightspeed. When looking to replace my G700s I had wanted to avoid Logitech because the quality of the hardware has gone downhill seriously from what it used to be. In my case the issue was with the damn switches. Options for me were extremely limited due to certain requirements like having at least four thumb buttons which I had become accustomed to with the G700s. Price was also a consideration and any non-Logitech mice which met my requirements were just as expensive or moreso. After doing a lot of searching it seemed the button switch problem was endemic to almost all "quality" mice and software issues with almost all manufacturers wasn't much better than Logitech.

The G604 exceeded the thumb button requirement with six buttons. It is wireless and gets good battery life which is a plus even though I was considering wired mice. I kept the "infinite scrollwheel" function of the G700s which is something I was going to miss terribly by going with another brand of mouse. It's not a perfect mouse, though. Despite looking about the same size as the G700s it's definitely smaller and doesn't fit my hand nearly as well. It has taken months to get used to it so I don't notice the difference much anymore.

I will echo everyone complaining about Logitech software. Logitech Gaming Software was bad enough with the way it tended to slow down and eventually lock up from plugging and unplugging the G700s in order to charge it. Logitech G-Hub is on another totally worse plane of existence. As of several months ago it was slow as shit and laggy as hell to navigate. It's probably the most unintuitive piece of software I have ever run into. I cant emphasize enough how shitty it's designed. Luckily I was able to set the keybinds I needed and saved them to the mouse. After that I had no need for the software which is a good thing since I spend almost all my time in Linux anyway. If you don't need to use the software daily for anything and setup a permanent profile on the mouse the software isn't as big of a con as it appears. However, if you need to use G-Hub more than once then it's a huge negative.

I went from the M40 to the M65 and then to the Glaive rgb pro and never looked back.. Fits my hand great (with my claw style grip) and the wheel is perfectly placed plus feels nice to the touch. Tracking is great even with all the cat hair on my desk lol. I actually have dual Glaives at my work/gaming station now with dual K70 rgb mk.2 keyboards.. Setups are 90deg from each other.

Back