Need some airflow \ temps advice

Shasoosh

n00b
I have a Corsair Carbide SPEC-06 (bad airflow case)
and 5 120mm fans, 3 at front, top and back.
3 of them are Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM, the other 2 came with the case.
Back and top are exhaust.
I also have a 9900K with a be quiet! Dark Rock PRO 4 and a 3080 FE.
Currently while gaming at 4K my GPU will climb pretty fast to 3100RPM and will sit on 75.0c and 104c on vram.
I've also tried setting my 120mm fans curve to the GPU temp, that will get my GPU to 73.0c, 102c vram and around 2400 rpm but all my 120mm will be on 1700rpm (their 100% percent)
Another weird issue is that nothing of the above changed when the front and side panel are removed for testing purposes..
The main issue I'm trying to solve is noise. Both options are really loud.
What is my best option to reduce heat without repadding my GPU? (Replace fans, replace case, replace the Dark Rock PRO 4 which blocks airflow etc')

How much benefit will I get if I'll replace all my 120mm to SILENT WINGS PRO 4 for example?

Currently while gaming at 4K my GPU will climb pretty fast to 3100RPM and will sit on 75.0c and 104c on vram.
I've also tried setting my 120mm fans curve to the GPU temp, that will get my GPU to 73.0c, 102c vram and around 2400 rpm but all my 120mm will be on 1700rpm (their 100% percent)
Another weird issue is that nothing of the above changed when the front and side panel are removed for testing purposes..
What is my best option to reduce heat without repadding my GPU? (Replace fans, replace case, replace the Dark Rock PRO 4 which blocks airflow etc')

How much benefit will I get if I'll replace all my 120mm to SILENT WINGS PRO 4 for example?
Hardly any. What will help most is capping/tweaking the GPU's power usage along with a custom fan curve. The case fans curve can also be tweaked so they aren't so loud.

I did undervolt my GPU and temps did drop a few c but I'm looking for a solution without under volting if possible.

I find it weird that temps don't change any by removing the side and front cover. It doesn't seems like you GPU is making good heat transfer to the heatsink. Different fans will not make a difference if that is the case. I would repaste and replace the thermal pads with something better if you are comfortable with. FE memory temps drop significantly with better pads. Does the CPU temps change with panels removed?

A positive pressure setup get's the air to all the hard-to-reach places.
So the top ones should be intake.
Maybe loose the psu shroud.
Dial down your LLC one tick.
On air one tick less is less heat overall. Raising a little vcore for it is quiet ok.
Try ac loadline 0.001 ... If that does not work it was 0.01 (yeah i know. How about letting him test it first?)

repasting and padding means you will get it perfect, the third time around.
So first buy "only" the 11kw (cheaper) pads but instead invest into 2x new screwdrivers (wera) or a gamers nexus or "minnow" set.

... And kindly don't ask about the copper plate mod.
It is both highly effective and dangerous.
Basically imposssible to endorse in the open.

And if the FE is in fact an older one check out the FE videos from igors lab.
He mentiones that the first batches greatly benefitted from 1-2 extra pads around the vrm section.

Last edited:
Back