Need Simple Video Camera w/ Mic

BiH115

Gif Guy
Hey all,

I had no friggin' idea where to put this, so I put it here, made the most sense to me. So, I'm looking for an HD video camera, something akin to the Flip Cameras or the Sony Bloggie Touch, but it has to have microphone capabilities...

I haven't been able to find anything in terms of microphone attachments to either of these two, nor have I found microphone attachments to any other similar cameras. Camcorders are out of the question, since the people that need these cameras are: A.) Idiots and B.) don't want to learn all the shit a camcorder can do. I know, typical scenario when you get an assignment and you don't really want to do it.

Also if there's some other video solution that's easy to use AND has a good sound/microphone capability, please mention it too!

Thanks, appreciate it.

What do you mean by microphone capability?

Flips have microphones. Do you mean, plug in an external mic? Why do you need that versus the built in.

I use a camcorder but I'm not an idiot. Lol
03.jpg

This one can use an external mic using 3.5mm or an XLR cable.

This one is cheap, hd, and has a mic input.
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Vixia-M...id=1346419245&sr=1-2&keywords=Canon+camcorder
The VIXIA HF R300 camcorder offers exceptional audio flexibility with microphone and headphone terminals. The microphone terminal allows you to capture professional-quality sound with an external microphone and manual audio level control ensures proper volume for any situation. In addition, you’ll find a dedicated headphone terminal, ideal for remote communication with the optional Wireless Microphone WM-V1 and other applications.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
What do you mean by microphone capability?

Flips have microphones. Do you mean, plug in an external mic? Why do you need that versus the built in.

I should have specified, yes, there needs to be an option to plug in an external mic. It's not me buying it for myself, it's the client needing solid sound for interviews and such in the field. That camcorder does look nice though, and I like the optional accessories that you're able to use with it. Now it's a matter of convincing people to learn how to use it if they want superior sound.

Back