Need screensaver-like app for OLED screen refresh

OpenSource Ghost

Limp Gawd
OLED monitors come with screen and/or pixel refresh features, but to be on extra safe side, I'd like to lock my PC and have it use refresher-like screensaver instead of display showing static login/lock screen. I think many typical screensavers can suffice, but aren't some designed specifically for OLED to prevent image retention/"burn in" ?

I use Really Slick Screensavers
My favorite is Euphoria, even with 3 monitors the program scales to all three. Like Microsoft built in screensaver you can set the time of inactivity before the screensaver starts. Never more than 10 minutes works best for me. If you weren't aware windows has a built in screensaver you can access it by right clicking an empty space on the desktop clicking Personalize> Lock Screen> Screensaver settings. One of the nice features of Really Slick is after installing their screensavers appear in the drop down from the aforementioned appellate. All that said not even a screensaver will save the life, gradual dimming or burn in of an OLED it will just prevent it from isolating an area. The only true way is to turn off the monitor when not in use this can be achieved through Change Power setting dialog which can be clicked on at the bottom of the screen saver dialog and then clicking on Change plan settings. You can have window turn off your monitor after 2 minutes of inactivity if that's what you want.

Just set a black screen for your lock screen. If I am going to be away from my PC for more than 30 minutes, I'll just turn off my OLED monitor.
EDIT: Oh, just noticed that the time and and some icons and info are on the lock screen. I wonder if those can be turned off.

Back