Need old eVGA 680i SLI BIOS file.

Dan_D

Extremely [H]
To make a long story short, I killed another EVGA 680i SLI motherboard and the new one shipped with BIOS P29. BIOS versions P29-P31 can cause difficulty with RAID controllers. That's exactly what happened in my case. I've searched the web and I've been unable to find one of the older versions of the BIOS. Specifically I need BIOS P27 or P28. If any one has a copy of it, I'd appreciate it if you'd E-Mail it to me at [email protected].

I've got version P26 on one of my other boards, and I'll try it if I have to but having a quad core processor I'd rather go with as new a BIOS as possible as long as it doesn't cause my RAID controller problem.

I'll check my floppies in a bit. I usually keep several versions in case I need to re-flash. I just finished building my Maximus Formula SE last night after killing 3 EVGA 680SLI's in 3 months after switching to a Quad, but I should still have some of the BIOS floppies floating around.

EDIT

I found Bios 28 and sent you the .bin file - hope it's what you need.

I'll check my floppies in a bit. I usually keep several versions in case I need to re-flash. I just finished building my Maximus Formula SE last night after killing 3 EVGA 680SLI's in 3 months after switching to a Quad, but I should still have some of the BIOS floppies floating around.

EDIT

I found Bios 28 and sent you the .bin file - hope it's what you need.

I received it. Thank you I really appreciate that. Hopefully this will help me get my fairly expensive RAID controller going again.

I spoke to EVGA concerning this issue. Hopefully there will be some resolution on this. They were aware of the RAID problem but hadn't heard of the memory issues I've had with the newer BIOS revisions. I have given them some information so we'll see what happens.

Back