Need help updating firmware on Seagate Exos 8TB

primetime

Supreme [H]ardness
Drive seems to be doing fine except every now and then i hear my pc talking to me. (very loud and odd sounding vibrating clank) So i figure maybe its got a newer firmware and as it happens there is. Do we really have to update it outside windows? I made the seagate boot usb disk but cant seem to do the command line stuff correctly after it boots off the usb disk. Maybe one of you guys have updated a seagate drive recently? I guess we got spoiled with how easy it is to update ssd firmware? lol

Drive seems to be doing fine except every now and then i hear my pc talking to me. (very loud and odd sounding vibrating clank) So i figure maybe its got a newer firmware and as it happens there is. Do we really have to update it outside windows? I made the seagate boot usb disk but cant seem to do the command line stuff correctly after it boots off the usb disk. Maybe one of you guys have updated a seagate drive recently? I guess we got spoiled with how easy it is to update ssd firmware? lol

clunking drive is norm then the head is resetting, this could be possible pending drive death

i would not expect a firmware update would fix that, make sure the system is set to CMS/legacy mode (not UEFI) and that the sata mode is not AHCI or RAID (might say IDE or legacy mode)

clunking drive is norm then the head is resetting, this could be possible pending drive death

i would not expect a firmware update would fix that, make sure the system is set to CMS/legacy mode (not UEFI) and that the sata mode is not AHCI or RAID (might say IDE or legacy mode)
Well in the mean time i seem to have mostly sorted things out by adjusting the power plan for them to stop powering down every dam 20 minuets but instead like after 8 hours.

Back