need help turning off raid in bios

hclarkjr

Gawd
i just had a samsung 970 evo plus installed and used their image software to to move windows 10 to it from my old drive. all went well except i can not get the magician software to see it and the samsung NVME driver says there is no samsung drive in system. i have found out that my alienware bios is set to raid for some dumb reason and dell will not tell me why saying they can not support me since i put new drive in computer.
how do i turn off the raid? i tried turning it off in bios but windows would not load. i have googled it and have not seen an easy solution for this. i hope you can help!! other than this the drive functions fine but i would like to be able to use the samsung software with my drive.

i just had a samsung 970 evo plus installed and used their image software to to move windows 10 to it from my old drive. all went well except i can not get the magician software to see it and the samsung NVME driver says there is no samsung drive in system. i have found out that my alienware bios is set to raid for some dumb reason and dell will not tell me why saying they can not support me since i put new drive in computer.
how do i turn off the raid? i tried turning it off in bios but windows would not load. i have googled it and have not seen an easy solution for this. i hope you can help!! other than this the drive functions fine but i would like to be able to use the samsung software with my drive.
with raid off in the bios, you will probably need to boot to a Windows command prompt or repair boot menu and repair the boot partition.

with raid off in the bios, you will probably need to boot to a Windows command prompt or repair boot menu and repair the boot partition.
not anymore. if you switch from raid to ahci and it fails to boot, you have to interrupt windows boot by powering off or resetting twice to invoke the advanced startup. then select safe mode, boot once and then reboot and windows will auto-adjust like magic.

op, f12 should get you to bios/boot menu, switch to ahci and then do the above. you can even invoke safe mode first(hold shift when you click reboot), change bios, let it boot to safe mode then just restart and you should be gtg. i just did this yesterday with a dell laptop set to raid...

Back