Need help finding very durable TRS audio cable in long length

alpharalpha

Weaksauce
Looking for TRS (not braided) durable cable around 10 meters, can be unbalanced; ideally 6.35 to 3.5mm but can use adapter if necessary; just need thick gauge (22awg or thereabouts) so interior wires don't break with daily use. Not for mobile usage. Having difficult time finding a well made cable; needs to be able to handle a bit of abuse--occasional stepping on, etc.

Looking for TRS (not braided) durable cable around 10 meters, can be unbalanced; ideally 6.35 to 3.5mm but can use adapter if necessary; just need thick gauge (22awg or thereabouts) so interior wires don't break with daily use. Not for mobile usage. Having difficult time finding a well made cable; needs to be able to handle a bit of abuse--occasional stepping on, etc.
Monoprice has 22 AWG cable that length, 3.5mm to 3.5mm for under $8, part number 5582. I've used these cables in 10 ft length with very good results.
Monoprice 35ft Premium 3.5mm Stereo Male to 3.5mm Stereo Male 22AWG Cable (Gold Plated) - Black
Product # 5582

My 2c is that no matter what the cable is, no matter what brand, the shielding, thickness, they all break eventually. Consider them "wear" items and buy extra. Of course the connectors usually break first, but I've had much better luck just buying cheaper cables and replacing them often rather than buying expensive ones and expecting a proportionate amount of life from their increased cost. Just my experience, if you're just in your house not moving around much it may make sense to get a nicer cable.

Back