Need advice for LED connectors

Tricyclthief

Limp Gawd
Looking to add 3mm LEDs to my GPU and CPU water blocks. Trying to verify if those connectors will work to connect some to GPU and attach some to mobo fan headers. Any suggestions on different LEDs or connectors is welcome

2 pin gpu connector
4 pin gpu connector
3 pin fan connector
4 pin fan connector

Here's some connectors I found. Anyone confirm these would work?

Looking at something like these for LED lights
Thanks

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The 3- and 4-pin fan connectors look like the right kind, but I can't speak for the GPU connectors--those depend on your GPU's manufacturer. For the LEDs, you can't simply connect them straight to the headers--you'll need to include a resistor inline with the LEDs to keep them from blowing out.

I ended up finding some different LEDs, they have a wider angle and rated at 12v with resistor already inline and prewired. Should receive them and connectors saturday, i kinda forgot i had this thread open since i hadnt heard anything.

Got all the parts, LEDs were super easy to hook up and the fan connectors worked perfect. LEDs were little on the purple side so returning them and gonna try another company. the GPU connectors were little off, looks like 2mm is the right size not 2.5mm for my card. Lesson learned and only like .40 cents out on wrong connectors

So show us the damn pictures already! :D :D

lol didnt take any pictures. The LEDs were way to purple than blue and looked off compared to my thermaltake fans. I packaged them back up and they are being returned. I'll post pictures and links of final products I end up keeping and using

Back