need a motherboard for testing newer NVMe drives such as MTFDHAL3T2TDR-1AT1ZABYY, and MZQLB1T9HAJR-00007.

ksingh707

n00b
Hello, I need help finding a motherboard that is the cheapest option for testing NVMe drives such as MTFDHAL3T2TDR-1AT1ZABYY, and MZQLB1T9HAJR-00007.

Hello, I need help finding a motherboard that is the cheapest option for testing NVMe drives such as MTFDHAL3T2TDR-1AT1ZABYY, and MZQLB1T9HAJR-00007.
like testing basic functionality or benchmarking? the first could be done with a cheap usb adapter.

You only need a motherboard that supports the drives that you are testing. For example, if you are testing a PCIe x4/NVMe devices you'll need one that supports PCIe Gen 4.0 and use the appropriate CPU to enable this support. That's really it.

like testing basic functionality or benchmarking? the first could be done with a cheap usb adapter.
yes for benchmarking. I noticed some of the NVMe drives require 64 bit system over 32 bit. I have a 32 bit system but if I upgrade my current motherboard to 64 bit, would that solve the issue maybe so I would not have to get a new motherboard?

You only need a motherboard that supports the drives that you are testing. For example, if you are testing a PCIe x4/NVMe devices you'll need one that supports PCIe Gen 4.0 and use the appropriate CPU to enable this support. That's really it.
I have the adapter cable but the drives wont show hours. It detects the drive, bit shows no power on hours. I have used all methods and programs to check hours but none are working for the newer NVMe drives. my last options are to upgrade to motherboard that supports these drives or a newer 64 bit interface.

I have the adapter cable but the drives wont show hours. It detects the drive, bit shows no power on hours. I have used all methods and programs to check hours but none are working for the newer NVMe drives. my last options are to upgrade to motherboard that supports these drives or a newer 64 bit interface.
What adapter cable? Why are you adapting anything? A motherboard should have M.2 slots on it for PCIe based NVMe drives. I'm also not sure where this 64bit interface stuff is coming from.

yes for benchmarking. I noticed some of the NVMe drives require 64 bit system over 32 bit. I have a 32 bit system but if I upgrade my current motherboard to 64 bit, would that solve the issue maybe so I would not have to get a new motherboard?
What exactly do you have right now?

What exactly do you have right now?
im trying to check hours on the following drive but my system im using is not giving me info of the power on hours. I have tried the following,
  1. I have tried the crucial storage executive program.
  2. I have tried seatools for windows.
  3. I have tried the cmd shortcut method.
  4. I have tried hard disk sentinel program.
  5. crystal disk
I attatched the images of everything im using, motherboard, cpu, and the card and cable to connect the drive to the motherboard.
thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0302.jpg
    IMG_0302.jpg
    457.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    512.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0382.jpg
    IMG_0382.jpg
    628.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0383.jpg
    IMG_0383.jpg
    593.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0385.jpg
    IMG_0385.jpg
    647 KB · Views: 0
You need something newer. That board came out in 2005. That was 6 years before the NVMe spec was written.
This. It's a motherboard designed well before M.2/NVMe SSD's even existed. It's not surprising that nothing is working right. Get a motherboard made in this decade at the very least. (Seriously, get something made within the last five years.)

This. It's a motherboard designed well before M.2/NVMe SSD's even existed. It's not surprising that nothing is working right. Get a motherboard made in this decade at the very least. (Seriously, get something made within the last five years.)
is there any option for a motherboard that is at a reasonable price that you can recommend?

is there any option for a motherboard that is at a reasonable price that you can recommend?
You'll need a new CPU and memory at the very least. The CPU you have will not work on a modern motherboard.

Anything intel 4th gen and beyond. You could get a refurb dell for under $200 to put that card in.

Back