need a huge favor..

sirmonkey1985

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - July 2010
i was wondering if there was anyone here from the bay area or central valley that might have an extra 10/100 pci network card laying around that they dont need/want.. im having some odd issues with my system and the only thing i can trace it to is that my onboard NIC is dying since it will only run at 10mbit half duplex now.. but since i dont have the money to go out an buy a new one i was wondering if i could borrow some ones to try and figure it out before i went out and wasted a bunch of money i dont have on stuff that might not even fix my problem..

I have several PCI Network Cards.PM me your addres and I will ship it out to you!

Will take a few days since I live in Tennessee.

sweet.. i guess i can survive a few more days of 10mbit speeds on a 16/2 connection.. pm sent.

Last edited:
This Central Valley guy has one from his old system but it looks like EA got it handled. I think he's working hard for votes.

This Central Valley guy has one from his old system but it looks like EA got it handled. I think he's working hard for votes.

or he just has a shit load of extra parts laying around like me.. swear to god i have enough crap for 5 more systems but none of the obvious stuff i need like a pci NIC..

or he just has a shit load of extra parts laying around like me..

Yeah, I have 2 plastic bins full of Video Cards, NICs, Power Supplies, and various cables.

I have sent parts to several members in the past to help them out.Nothing new for me.

They are correct FrEaKy, not wise to go after February.

Yeah, I have 2 plastic bins full of Video Cards, NICs, Power Supplies, and various cables.

I have sent parts to several members in the past to help them out.Nothing new for me.

lol plastic bins.. im no where near that organized.. i just got shit thrown in boxes all over my closet and in my garage.. crap load of old agp video cards, half dead laptops that ive killed while running boinc.. motherboards.. and a crap load of socket 754 processors.. only thing im missing is ram for all these extra systems.. but oh well they can continue to collect dust..

lol plastic bins.. im no where near that organized.. i just got shit thrown in boxes all over my closet and in my garage.. crap load of old agp video cards, half dead laptops that ive killed while running boinc.. motherboards.. and a crap load of socket 754 processors.. only thing im missing is ram for all these extra systems.. but oh well they can continue to collect dust..

Flea Bay all that....

Then you can buy, umm...... a stick of DDR3

Flea Bay all that....

Then you can buy, umm...... a stick of DDR3

i tried fleabaying them.. was costing me more then they were worth having to relist them.. but i need DDR and DDR2 not DDR3 :p i cant even use any of these ATI AGP cards.. my DFI LP NF3 board doesnt work with ATI cards... ive gotten rid of a few things though selling them here on the forum.. but still got a ton left..

i tried fleabaying them.. was costing me more then they were worth having to relist them.. but i need DDR and DDR2 not DDR3 :p i cant even use any of these ATI AGP cards.. my DFI LP NF3 board doesnt work with ATI cards... ive gotten rid of a few things though selling them here on the forum.. but still got a ton left..

You could always sell them here instead of eBay.

You could always sell them here instead of eBay.

i have.. theres a thread i posted in the main FS section of the forum thats probaby about 200 pages back.. i just stopped updating it after i kept getting people asking to buy stuff.. get to the point of exchanging paypal information and then the person disappearing..

I'm starting a pretty good collection of stuff myself, mostly fans of all things. I had some fans shipped to me that were the wrong model; it was cheaper for the dealer to send out the right ones and let me keep the incorrect ones.

Sniff sniff, but February is my Birthday month, sniff

well shit its obviously not the card thats the problem.. but i highly doubt 4 different routers could possibly have the same issue.. guess its time to check the 130 ft of network cable to see if theres a cut or a kink in it.. fun fun joy joy..

It's never easy, is it.

Good luck with the troubleshooting.

for me it never is.. which drives me insane.. i have a feeling the wires kinked under 1 of the 3 couches and 2 rugs its under but i havent gotten a chance to screw with it today..

Buy newer cable at monoprice?

not sure if its the problem yet.. wont get to check it til later today.. going to move my router upstairs to my room running the 130 ft cable between the modem and the router instead of the router and my computer.. if i can connect at 1gbit to the router then i know for sure its the cable.. because right now im only able to connect at 10mbit full duplex..

Back