NE: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB + AC: Syndicate = $141.79

I bit. Decided I wanted this the last or day or two after seeing the recurring deal, and it was a struggle. Early cancelling of the coupon, price jitteryness, but finally got it and better than I was trying/failing.

Listed at $179.99 and "ERROR The promo code AF15SAM1105A has expired and is no longer valid." I think it's dead, Jim!

Last edited:
Does the 850 EVO drive offer any sort of power loss protection? Been looking to upgrade to an affordable and sizeable SSD for quite some time, but a few years back i got a bit concerned about what power loss will do to an SSD.

There seems to be very little to basically no information about this out there at the moment that im able to find, other than that back in 2011/2012 enterprise class SSD's had supercapacitors of some form and no one has seemingly talked about the issue since. Would appreciate any help or a pointer in the right direction if anyone knows where to start looking.

the Crucial MX100 and Mx200 ssd models have powerloss protection. They are affordable and perform decently. A good place as any to start.

Back