NCase M1 with additional external radiator for the summer season :-)

Blubbie

n00b
Hi all,

// TLDR: Did someone managed to have an Ncase running with an Iceman pump/reservoir combo AND an additional external radiator or Mo-Ra?

I have a very usual NCase M1 full custom loop with my Ryzen 3700 and my RTX-3090 and an Iceman pump/reservoir combo.

Since i love the silence and having the fans running at max. 1200 rpm - i am quiet worried looking forward to the next summer.
Currently we have winter in germany and my water is going up to 48°C as the RTX-3090 (undervolted @0.769mV) is going to reach 55-58°C.
For the summer months i am planing to add an additional 360mm radiator underneath my desk. So i dont need to run the fans faster.

Since i have the NCase with an Iceman DDC/reservoir and the usual dual-rad (bottom ultra thin, and side) combo i also want to stick to all my parts of the current custom loop.
My idea is to use a Pass Through Slot/Bracket to lead the water out of the Ncase to an addition external radiator.

I am not sure if this will fit with the bottom radiator installed, in case it might be to tight, the pass through connectors could be moved to the right side - see example (draft / idea) image:
(this image is not from my build, i just took this as an example, on my build - the icemen is positioned at the rear-exhaust-default position)
cp7lFVo.jpg

6ZJNWqq.png

What did you think?

So the point is to keep the Iceman and the ddc pump on his position.
It also would be perfect to even keep the bottom radiator installed. But in the end it might be bearable to remove the bottom radiator from the case.

Hard to say until you try. I have a feeling you'll have to remove that lower radiator to make it work.

What are your ambient temps like in the summer?

Hi all,

// TLDR: Did someone managed to have an Ncase running with an Iceman pump/reservoir combo AND an additional external radiator or Mo-Ra?

I have a very usual NCase M1 full custom loop with my Ryzen 3700 and my RTX-3090 and an Iceman pump/reservoir combo.

Since i love the silence and having the fans running at max. 1200 rpm - i am quiet worried looking forward to the next summer.
Currently we have winter in germany and my water is going up to 48°C as the RTX-3090 (undervolted @0.769mV) is going to reach 55-58°C.
For the summer months i am planing to add an additional 360mm radiator underneath my desk. So i dont need to run the fans faster.

Since i have the NCase with an Iceman DDC/reservoir and the usual dual-rad (bottom ultra thin, and side) combo i also want to stick to all my parts of the current custom loop.
My idea is to use a Pass Through Slot/Bracket to lead the water out of the Ncase to an addition external radiator.

I am not sure if this will fit with the bottom radiator installed, in case it might be to tight, the pass through connectors could be moved to the right side - see example (draft / idea) image:
(this image is not from my build, i just took this as an example, on my build - the icemen is positioned at the rear-exhaust-default position)
View attachment 330996

View attachment 330997

What did you think?

So the point is to keep the Iceman and the ddc pump on his position.
It also would be perfect to even keep the bottom radiator installed. But in the end it might be bearable to remove the bottom radiator from the case.

The easiest fix would go with a bigger case.

However, I had a setup for a couple of years where I had radiators in a seperate box that hung off the back of the stand I kept the PC on. It worked great, as it kept the radiators low near the floor, and you could run fans with higher RPMs and not notice the noise.

You could even remove the radiator in your case, and have your rads exterior.

The pass-through connector were not available when I built mine, and instead used bulkhead quick disconnects.

I would highly recommend using quick disconnects at whichever pass-through you end up using. This allows you to move the case around with having to drain the system everytime.

If I had to do the same thing again I would just go with something like the Alphacool nexXxos XT45 1080. It is not too expensive, and should allow more than enough cooling for your system.

https://www.aquatuning.de/wasserkue...BdUEItv7LjxEjvcQ33upcd8gMveGbRGxoCTegQAvD_BwE

Maybe we will be lucky this year and have mild summer.

Edit: And 48c is just too warm for your coolant, and the ultra thin rads you are using are probably just not adequate this will get much worse when summer temperatures come.

I was thinking of doing this by doing the following. Remove the bottom rad. Add a short PCIe express cable and move the GPU to the bottom slot. Keep the NCASE IceMan water res and just add a PCI bracket to the external rad. In the end, I just upgraded my NCase to the latest version with better side panels and the dual rad temps are acceptable to me. I May do this in the future If I decide to reuse my old Ncase M1 for the next-gen stuff in 2023

Back