Ncase M1 owners; How is your PSU oriented?

Which way you you have your PSU?

• Fan outwards

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • Fan inwards

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

Pat-Roner

Weaksauce
I'm just wondering if you guys have it oriented with the fan in or out.

Can't decide on what to do.

SFX Silverstone 600W: Fan facing outwards drawing it's own air and exhausting it's own air through the top. Seems to be the easiest way to keep it from impacting the temps for other components.

SFX Silverstone 600W: Fan facing outwards drawing it's own air and exhausting it's own air through the top. Seems to be the easiest way to keep it from impacting the temps for other components.

Yeah, I have my psu the same way. But I'm thinking that my HDD is getting a bit to hot, so thinking of flipping the psu, but damn thats a lot of work :(

Sharkoon Silent Storm 500W SFX-L. It is faced with the fan to the outside, because i have a 240mm radiator with fans blowing hot air inside the case. Furthermore, i don't think the cables would fit with a long graphics card installed like the GTX 980 when oriented the other way round.

I have the fan inwards in mine, since I'm using an ST45SF-G with the stock fan removed and an 80x25mm fan mounted to the outside of the PSU housing, to cut down on noise. I'd still mount it inwards without the fan mod though, since drawing air through the right side vents is more restrictive - and particularly if you want to filter the PSU intake. With an inwards intake you can have two 120mm intake fans on the left side feeding cool air directly in the PSU, which reduces the need for the PSU's (potentially noisier) fan to spin up. It also makes dust control very straightforward, with only the filter on the intakes needed.

In certain builds you may be better off facing the fan outward though, such as when you're running a dual rad or 3.5" HDDs next to the PSU, or when you've just got more heat in the case in general (e.g., open cooler GPU).

I have my Sharkoon SFX-L faced outward since I have a 3,5" disk on that side of the case. It gets kind of hot there though, so I'm thinking of mounting the SF 600 inwards when I get it. But i'm unsure if the hot air will increase fan noise.

Back