NCASE M1 Black question

Engr62

Gawd
I have a NCASE M1 v4 case I purchased used from a fellow [H]ardForum member a while back. I absolutely love it. However, it is the silver finish, and I would have really preferred to get the black version. I've been thinking about ordering a set of black panels from ssflab's website for $85.

I'm wondering... for those that have a black NCASE M1 case, does it show the base metal color if it gets scratched? If so, how easily scratched is it? The silver case looks to hold up pretty well.

Thanks!

I have a NCASE M1 v4 case I purchased used from a fellow [H]ardForum member a while back. I absolutely love it. However, it is the silver finish, and I would have really preferred to get the black version. I've been thinking about ordering a set of black panels from ssflab's website for $85.

I'm wondering... for those that have a black NCASE M1 case, does it show the base metal color if it gets scratched? If so, how easily scratched is it? The silver case looks to hold up pretty well.

Thanks!

If it's anodized the same way as Lian Li's other cases, yes, the silver color underneath will show.
That's why I like silver better - hides scratches, hides dust which is usually greyish or white, and I think it looks more stunning.

The black finish is fairly resilient, in my experience, but you will definitely see the inside of the case marking up wherever screws attach (especially on the likes of the side fan bracket, for example). That said, the exterior of my case is still flawless, and I only see the marks on the finish inside the case every blue moon when I'm working on it.

Absolutely nothing to worry about, in my humble opinion.

Same with me, all my panels look brand new. Frame around the fan bracket not so much, the exterior panels hold up pretty good.

Last edited:
Back