NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Just a heads up: preorders were up briefly, but w360 tells me the shipping calculator isn't working correctly, resulting in free shipping for those who managed to order. If that was you, you may have your order canceled and will have to reorder when it's fixed.

Edit: w360 tells me it's fixed now and preorders are back up.

Last edited:
Just a heads up: preorders were up briefly, but w360 tells me the shipping calculator isn't working correctly, resulting in free shipping for those who managed to order. If that was you, you may have your order canceled and will have to reorder when it's fixed.

Will I be alerted to that?

EDIT: My receipt says I paid shipping.

What is the value now that is written on the label when posted? when I bought V1 it was around 89~, just to be able to clear customs with right value :)

Just wondering...I have the old noctua C12 cooler in my M1, but wondering...if I were to update the guts, would any of the other Noctua models offer roughly equivalent cooling/noise profiles? I usually run things stock, no overclocking.

I still have a Silver V1 brand new in the box with both top panel options that I was ready to use for a new Ryzen build later this year but now that V6 is tempting me...

I too still have a silver V1 sitting in a box unused. I ordered a black as well and put it to use right away. Just never got around to building something in the silver unit.

Just wondering...I have the old noctua C12 cooler in my M1, but wondering...if I were to update the guts, would any of the other Noctua models offer roughly equivalent cooling/noise profiles? I usually run things stock, no overclocking.
The U9S has similar weight to the heatsink, and the fans are pretty good. You could also ask Noctua for updated mounting hardware and stick the new a12x25 on your existing cooler

Not sure if there's somewhere better to ask this.

I'm in the process of replacing the fans / shroud of my GPU with 120mm fans at the bottom of my ncase:

lhJJSdS.jpg

One minor snag is the GPU heatsink has some small clips that stick out and get in the way on one of support arms on a fan, so it doesn't quite fit in fully:

CeWCk7O.jpg

amGDxGY.jpg

My thoughts are either bending the metal part of the heatsink away or cutting though the support arm on the fan to get it to fit.

I don't think the fans can be repositioned here and the clip isn't big enough to interfere with the fan blades so bending isn't essential.

I would rather make any change to the fan rather than the GPU but wondered this might fundamentally compromise it?

Any advice welcome.

I'm in the process of replacing the fans / shroud of my GPU with 120mm fans at the bottom of my ncase:

View attachment 176864

One minor snag is the GPU heatsink has some small clips that stick out and get in the way on one of support arms on a fan, so it doesn't quite fit in fully:

View attachment 176865

View attachment 176866

My thoughts are either bending the metal part of the heatsink away or cutting though the support arm on the fan to get it to fit.

I don't think the fans can be repositioned here and the clip isn't big enough to interfere with the fan blades so bending isn't essential.

I would rather make any change to the fan rather than the GPU but wondered this might fundamentally compromise it?

Any advice welcome.
Should be okay cutting just one, but will the blades spin with that inside the fan? Or, if it will spin, why do you need to cut anything — can't get the side cover on?

Should be okay cutting just one, but will the blades spin with that inside the fan? Or, if it will spin, why do you need to cut anything — can't get the side cover on?

The GPU is being stopped about 5mm short of the PCIE slot, being blocked by this metal bit hitting the fan support.

The metal bit is not tall enough to interfere with the fans when as intake, but does stop them being used for exhaust unfortunately.

Last edited:

View attachment 176864

View attachment 176865

View attachment 176866

Any advice welcome.

The GPU is being stopped about 50mm short of the PCIE slot, being blocked by this metal bit hitting the fan support.

The metal bit is not tall enough to interfere with the fans when as intake, but does stop them being used for exhaust unfortunately.

I would bend a non-supporting tab on the gpu before cutting a supporting member on the fan...

good morning to you all :)

is there anywhere a sheet where to check the compatibility of differents RTX cards with the ncase?

My 1070Ti is dying (85º with undervolting done... and i'm going to return it)

I dont want to mod the rtx card, so i need a model that stays silent in idle and could maintain good temps (70-75º) under heavy gaming.

Im playing with a 1440p 144hz freesync monitor.

Any model that you could recommend? What do you think about a msi 2070 Super ventus for 550?

https://www.amazon.de/GEFORCE-RTX-2070-SUPER-OC/dp/B07TTSVC7K

Regards.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi,

can someone confirm me that the asus rtx 2080 rog strix a8g gaming fit inside the ncase?

with the super out, there is a tempting price on this card...

Many thanks if anyone can confirm me.

Hello

Maybe this was already answered somewhere but could I use the v3 top panel with the odd part on the v6 so that i still can mount my odd

Greetings Chris

Hi!

Has the google spreadsheet changed? Where are the graphic cards and heatsinks compatibilities list?

thank you.

Here is what a 2080 ti strix with the fan shroud and bracket ripped off looks like. Also hacked up the gigantic support bracket that said RTX on it.

View attachment 177689
I saw the remnants of that fan bracket on reddit but I’m not sure I’ve seen performance results. How does it fare compared to your 1080ti/accelero setup?

I saw the remnants of that fan bracket on reddit but I’m not sure I’ve seen performance results. How does it fare compared to your 1080ti/accelero setup?

With the stock silent fan profile I can't get it to go past 64C @ 2040mhz. But I would hardly call it silent. With a much more conservative fan profile I am doing 70C @ 2025mhz. I imagine I'll end up tuning it more and settling in around 75C @ 2000.

The stock strix sink is doing just as well as an Accelero considering this is a higher TDP card and I'm able to push it a lot further than my dud 1080ti.

7/10 would hack apart again.

With the stock silent fan profile I can't get it to go past 64C @ 2040mhz. But I would hardly call it silent. With a much more conservative fan profile I am doing 70C @ 2025mhz. I imagine I'll end up tuning it more and settling in around 75C @ 2000.

The stock strix sink is doing just as well as an Accelero considering this is a higher TDP card and I'm able to push it a lot further than my dud 1080ti.

7/10 would hack apart again.

Sits right on the fans nicely.

First many thanks for the answer on the Asus but I think I will go with a 2080super

Are they any specific 2080super that you will recommend that fit without any problem and offer good performance?
Thinking EVGA but not sur which and if they fit.

thinking about changing the component on my ncase M1
with a 2080 super
ryzen 3 3700x
any mobal with a ryzen 3700X?not sure where to go, I don't think pci e 4 is mandatory. especially if it comes with a new fan that is super loud.
I have a c14 but not sure it will be compatible so may be a new CPU cooler.
corsair SF600 platinium
No idea for the ram but 32 giga, just no idea what I should take to go with Ryzen.
I already have a 2 to samsung 970evo plus and a 512 ssd 970 evo so a mobal with 2 ssd would be great.

If there is anyone that can give me advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks

Here is what a 2080 ti strix with the fan shroud and bracket ripped off looks like. Also hacked up the gigantic support bracket that said RTX on it.

View attachment 177689

so clean and powerful. I would love to have that on mine...

Considering that the strix has these dimensions: 30.47 x 13.04 x5.41 Centimeter

Will this KFA2 fit easily?

• Dimensions(with Bracket): 295*143*52mm
  • Dimensions(without Bracket): 285*127*52mm (I think that this measures are the ones to be held account)
It's a 2070 Super.

4be8733bb87e0676e44bc1a8d2fc59a8.png

Regards.

well kind of the same question, any hope that the MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO fit?
It seems very masssive : 327 * 140 * 55.6 mm

Seaching my future 2080ti :)

Hello

Maybe this was already answered somewhere but could I use the v3 top panel with the odd part on the v6 so that i still can mount my odd

Greetings Chris
Yes.

Hi!

Has the google spreadsheet changed? Where are the graphic cards and heatsinks compatibilities list?

thank you.
It's been neglected for a long time. Looks like a lot of the old information is gone.

well kind of the same question, any hope that the MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO fit?

It's too long for the thickness and too tall for the length.

Nah it be too big, I am not even sure if there is an SFF case out there that can support that card, maybe the Sliger 580 if you mod it but you are pushing it as maximum GPU length support is 325mm while the length of the Gaming X Trio is 327mm.

Nah it be too big, I am not even sure if there is an SFF case out there that can support that card, maybe the Sliger 580 if you mod it but you are pushing it as maximum GPU length support is 325mm while the length of the Gaming X Trio is 327mm.

Thanks for the answer regarding the trio.

are they any 2080ti that you recommand for the Ncase? that fit without any mod and that perform ok temp and noise wise?

thanks a lot.

Ive got an x99 setup with my 5820k in my sig.. really eyeing upgrading to a Ryzen 3700x or 3800x. Anyone building a system with the new Ryzen chipsets? I'd love to find a way to keep my aircool solution going

Thanks for the answer regarding the trio.

are they any 2080ti that you recommand for the Ncase? that fit without any mod and that perform ok temp and noise wise?

thanks a lot.

Hmm FE version is always supported but not sure if you want the FE version though. Below is a list of 2080Ti and their length (scroll all the down for the list).

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-2080-ti.c3305

For Ncase M1, the GPU supported dimensions taken from SFF Labs are:

Cards 2.2 slots (45mm) or less:

• Length: 317mm
  • Height: 140mm at mid-card, 130mm at rear corner, 125mm at front corner (if over 280mm long)
Cards over 2.2 slots (45mm):

• Length: 280mm (with front I/O ports), 290mm (with front I/O ports removed)
  • Height: 130mm, 125mm at front corner (if over 280mm long)
Note on height limits: please allow 15-20mm for PCIe power connectors

Damit, I missed the answer and now it's out of stock, if someone cansels his Pre-order will it get back in stock so that someone else's will get the possibility to get a early shipping?

Edit

Someone must have canceled his or numbers of Pre-orders got raised anyway could place my Pre-order....

Last edited:
been trying to m1 local but people keep trying to get me to ship but im a bit worried it will get damaged in shipping.

how safe is it shipping it built? (will use the black box that the case came in)

been trying to m1 local but people keep trying to get me to ship but im a bit worried it will get damaged in shipping.

how safe is it shipping it built? (will use the black box that the case came in)

I would take either bubble wrap or those little air bags and wrap it around the internal components, think you will be fine.

That Gfx card and CPU cooler itself will put stress on the PCIe socket and CPU cooler bracket a lot. Perhaps remove them?

Sorry, I must be stupid, is the google sheets spreadsheet that has the compatible hardware, cooling, GPU on the first page anymore? The link seems to be there, but I can't find the compatibility worksheet. Was it removed or am I missing something?

If you insist on shipping it assembled please have the courtesy to share the aftermath pictures when it arrives completely destroyed. Tall, heavy heatsinks do not ship well. That is a _LOT_ of force being applied when it bounces around.

If you insist on shipping it assembled please have the courtesy to share the aftermath pictures when it arrives completely destroyed. Tall, heavy heatsinks do not ship well. That is a _LOT_ of force being applied when it bounces around.

As someone who worked at an online retailer who shipped builds often, it's actually quite rare there's any major issues. We generally used insta-pak where applicable, and that held the heatsink in place quite well in a high majority of cases. This is an ncase m1 with a U9S. Not a giant case with a Noctua NH-D15. If he pads it well internally so that items don't move it should be fine, HOWEVER if I was PERSONALLY shipping this, I would do as someone mentioned and ship the GPU separately. I'd be more worried about the PCIE slot than the heatsink/board frankly. Would also mean packing against the heatsink becomes easier.

I have an M1 v4 with an X99E-ITX/ac and i7 5820K.

Starting to get the upgrade itch and looking at a 3900X. Has anyone got one in an NCASE yet?

I have a Noctua C14 which I love for this case, and it looks to be compatible with socket AM4 with the right brackets. Also have a Corsair SF600 I'd plan to keep, along with my 2080.

Recommended motherboards for the Ryzen 3000 series in M1?

Looking forward to getting the USB-C front panel upgrade, too :)

Thanks!

Back