NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

Thank you sir. So now I'm starting to understand all of this jazz resulting the issues with ASRock x99e ITX + ncase m1 users, and finding suitable coolers for their narrow ILM socket LGA2011-v3.

I still haven't ordered the AsRock x99e ITX yet, the board is about $250~ (I have an i7 5820k I will be transplating into my Ncase m1).

However, I can purchase an i5 6600k (skylake lga 1151) with motherboard mITX bundle for about ~$350.

Do any of you guys recommend that to avoid all this x99E ITX narrow ILM socket I simply pay the extra $50~ or so and pickup a Skylake i5 + mobo that uses sqaure ILM and ease of cooler compatiblity?

...Or would it be simply a huge downgrade over the 5820k? Let me know, I'm kinda torn because the Ncase m1 is a super small case to begin with and the cooler issues with x99e ITX are making me nervous aswell.

Depends on what you're doing...

If it's for gaming then go for a 66/6700k, however if you're doing anything that will use the extra cores (rendering/lightroom/VM etc) then stick with the 5820k.

Since the Ncase m1 is a miniITX case, do any of you guys know of any microATX cases that resemble the Ncase m1 the most, in terms of aesthetics and ability to fit powerful big components inside?

I ended up buying a Fractal Node 804 after looking unsuccessfully (still have my Ncase on preorder however), and maybe it seems the Silverstone SG10 was the closet but it looks severely outdated as its been out since 2013+?

Hi everyone, I preordered the Ncase m1, but have recently come into issues with certain funds that I need immediately. Apparently the cases don't ship until the 25th of May; Does anyone know if I could possibly cancel/who would I contact to cancel the preorder?

[Key words] Flexible adapters/ PCIE extenders/ Riser/ Ribbon Cables in the NCase M1.

On a whim I thought to collate the info here for people...

10cm seems to be the very minimum required to drop the GPU one slot, 11cm is better.
This seems to have been tried by several people, and found to be a very good fit:
-SINTECH PCI-e express 16X Riser Extender Card +10/20cm high speed Flexible Cable

These two have also been used successfully in the M1:
-ARC1-PELX16A1-C11V3 (11cm ribbon) HD7950,R9 290X 1 slot PCI-E x16 riser card
-www.adexelec.com/pciexp.htm#PE-FLEX16KR-3 (though I'd like to see evidence as it is shorter than recommended)
-www.adexelec.com/pciexp.htm#PE-FLEX16 (length can be specified on ordering)

And this one has been tried but found to be a difficult fit due to low flexibility:
-New PCI-Express PCI-E 16X Riser Card Ribbon Extender Extension Cable GP

Tried and fits but may result in GPU issues:
-P27F Series (x16/x8/x4/x1) Flexible x16 PCI Express Extender
Ncase spreadsheet

This hasn't been tried in the M1 (that I have seen) but may be very good:
-HDPLEX Silicon PCIEx16 3.0 Flexible Riser

Also suggested:
-www.delock.de/produkte/F_380_PCIe-x16_89130/merkmale.html

Many more options exist but most are a >20cm so would probably interfere with cable routing. If you have a suggestion for the list or additional info to contribute, please PM me and I'll update this post. Will try and include the sources of these comments shortly.[/spoiler]

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
[Key words] Flexible adapters/ PCIE extenders/ Riser/ Ribbon Cables in the NCase M1.

On a whim I thought to collate the info here for people...

10cm seems to be the very minimum required to drop the GPU one slot, 11cm is better.

This seems to have been tried by several people, and found to be a very good fit:
SINTECH PCI-e express 16X Riser Extender Card +10/20cm high speed Flexible Cable

These two have also been used successfully in the M1:
ARC1-PELX16A1-C11V3 (11cm ribbon) HD7950,R9 290X 1 slot PCI-E x16 riser card
PCIEXP.HTM

And this one has been tried but found to be a difficult fit due to low flexibility:
New PCI-Express PCI-E 16X Riser Card Ribbon Extender Extension Cable GP

Tried and fits but may result in GPU issues:
P27F Series (x16/x8/x4/x1) Flexible x16 PCI Express Extender
[source: Ncase spreadsheet]

This hasn't been tried in the M1 (that I have seen) but may be very good:
HDPLEX Silicon PCIEx16 3.0 Flexible Riser

Many more options exist but most are a >20cm so would probably interfere with cable routing. If you have a suggestion for the list or additional info to contribute, please PM me and I'll update this post. Will try and include the sources of these comments shortly.

THANK YOU! this is a big help! I was very concerned about getting a riser that would wreck my card or mobo and have had trouble finding stuff in this thread. If i ever do decide to spend the money on one that HDPlex silicone one looks pretty great.

Also, would a reference GPU benefit from being in the lower slot, closer to the floor ventilation?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi guys,

I've got an Ncase M1 V2 and the ac power cable is broken. Where can I buy replacement left angle power cable, because theat is out of stock on the ncase m1 site and I need it fast.

Hi guys,

I've got an Ncase M1 V2 and the ac power cable is broken. Where can I buy replacement left angle power cable, because theat is out of stock on the ncase m1 site and I need it fast.
you can buy replacement parts on official site in m1 accessories directly :)

you can buy replacement parts on official site in m1 accessories directly :)
Yes I know but that is out of stock, thats why I ask it. I couldnt find any power cable extensions with mounting like on the original there is 2 screw holes.

The 7-slot ATX PSU variant is only 30L and still supports CPU cooler up to 148mm tall. Interesting.

The way the top/bottom covers are attached (14 screws each?) seems rather annoying however.

Have you seen this new Caselabs case?: Bullet BH4 mATX Case

They have a mITX version too, looks like a direct response the success of the Ncase m1?

very appealing , since my current x99 build is actually mATX form factor.

Well its 20l their Mitx where Ncase is 12l thats alot of difference, there is alot of wastet space in the caselab case, and can only accomade a 240 and a 120mm radiator or 2 x 240 with a small grapgic card...
Where the ncase can accomade 2 x 240 radiator with a normal size graphic card easily if we are talking about watercooling options

I don't know how long the factory cable is so I can't link you one but Google c13 extension cable and find the length you need. There's a ton of them out there so I'm sure you'll find one.

I don't know how long the factory cable is so I can't link you one but Google c13 extension cable and find the length you need. There's a ton of them out there so I'm sure you'll find one.

Yes I know, but I couldnt find any with some kind of mounting options like on the original there is 2 screw holes.

Oh ok that could be problematic to find. Your best bet if you need it fast is to cut up a new cable and splice it onto the connector. It's an easy enough process and the wire is internal and really out of the way so it won't hurt the aesthetic of the case.

Have you seen this new Caselabs case?: Bullet BH4 mATX Case

They have a mITX version too, looks like a direct response the success of the Ncase m1?
In what aspect do you see the Caselabs BH4 or BH2 as response to the Ncase M1, I see zero resemblance of any kind. It is however a compact mATX case but a totally different design and layout.

Last edited:
The caselabs BH2 is waaaaay too big, its 20l while the ncase is about 12l there is sooo muhc wasted space in the BH2

In what aspect do you see the Caselabs BH4 as response to the Ncase M1, I see zero resemblance of any kind. It is however a compact mATX case but a totally different design and layout.
Seems like more of a Node or Silverstone SG series competitor to me.

The caselabs BH2 is waaaaay too big, its 20l while the ncase is about 12l there is sooo muhc wasted space in the BH2

Indeed.
I want to like CaseLabs, but there's just so many examples of being able to achieve the same (ie mobo/psu/gpu size, number of rads etc) within a much smaller volume.

I do however like that CL offer custom parts for side panels, drive cages, larger tops for rads etc.

Last edited:
Indeed.
I want to like CaseLabs, but there's just so many examples of being able to achieve the same (ie mobo/psu/gpu size, number of rads etc) within a much smaller volume.

I do however like that CL offer custom parts for side panels, drive cages, larger tops for rads etc.

Ye they custom configuration of the cases are awesome, in the BH series they included lightning placement racks, thats a nice thought!

Finished window modding my M1 today, still more to do with custom cables and such. But she's ready to be seen. Pikachu for scale.

More pics and build log >>>
PC Part Picker Partslist >>>

6NrHNhJ.jpg

umm you don't need a cad file you need a jig saw or dremel. plenty of youtube vids on how to, its the same as any case...

lol....i know I could do that to, but in his build log he mentions he took the side panel and had it laser cut using a cad file he provided. Laser cut would definitely look cleaner than a jig saw or dremel

I have a quick question about CPU cooling. I have been pretty much set on the H75 for my upcoming build but just noticed that most of the H75's I have seen used in the Ncase only use one fan (which makes sense now, but I didn't see anything about that in the google doc). All of the reviews I have seen are with the H75 with both fans, so I am unsure about performance now. I don't really see any other 120mm AIO's being used but I was just wondering if the H75 is the best choice with just one fan? Isn't the H60 basically the same thing but without both fans included? Another option I was looking at was the NZXT X31 due to the slightly thicker RAD. I plan on adding another AIO for my gpu in the future which is the reason I am going with a 120mm AIO now for the CPU. Looking for some suggestions. Thanks!

Last edited:
I have a quick question about CPU cooling. I have been pretty much set on the H75 for my upcoming build but just noticed that most of the H75's I have seen used in the Ncase only use one fan (which makes sense now, but I didn't see anything about that in the google doc). All of the reviews I have seen are with the H75 with both fans, so I am unsure about performance now. I don't really see any other 120mm AIO's being used but I was just wondering if the H75 is the best choice with just one fan? Isn't the H60 basically the same thing but without both fans included? Another option I was looking at was the NZXT X31 due to the slightly thicker RAD. I plan on adding another AIO for my gpu in the future which is the reason I am going with a 120mm AIO now for the CPU. Looking for some suggestions. Thanks!

I've tried the H75 both with a single and dual fans, however, only with an atx psu. Images in #13304.
I would say that dual fans worked best and didn't add much to the overall noise. After the images were taken I remove the top fins from the ram to improve airflow noise. Deciding between one or two fans kind of depends on which fans you're going for and if you're going for a powerful cpu or overclock.

For my last build, I ended up using the NH-C14.

I contacted them a few days ago but never got a reply. I didn't want to cancel my preorder, but I ordered hastily and funds are tight for me at the moment. Would there be a way to direct message Customer Support of the ncase via private message here?
W360 does customer emails a couple times a week, so if you haven't gotten a response yet, he just hasn't gotten to it. I'll send him a message though and ask him to process your cancellation ASAP.

Back