NCASE M1: a crowdfunded Mini-ITX case (updates in first post)

When can other people order this case?

Recommend buying one off of eBay if you can.. prices are relatively reasonable.

It's possible a 2nd batch of M1s, or an M2 revision may be made sometime in the future.. but nothing is certain yet, and personally, I'm not much of a gambling man ;)

Recommend buying one off of eBay if you can.. prices are relatively reasonable.

It's possible a 2nd batch of M1s, or an M2 revision may be made sometime in the future.. but nothing is certain yet, and personally, I'm not much of a gambling man ;)

Jesus, ebay is $300-$420

Jesus, ebay is $300-$420

Really? Last bid I saw was $215 over the weekend.. keep looking for new listings. Honestly, I'd pay $300 for one, if I had missed out on the order.. would suck, but I'd pay it.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
PP05-E cable kit finally in-stock at Amazon today.. only 15 left.

Got a set this morning.. now just need a damn PSU for them, lol.

[Strike=value]Mine should be delivered today whenever USPS lady decides to show up w/ the mail, so anywhere from 45min to 2 hrs.[/s]

Just picked them up a few minutes ago from mailbox and verified all cables are there.

As I'm getting ready to go to sleep though it won't be until after work tomorrow morning before I can switch out the cabling and troubleshoot the RAM. Hoping to have windows and updates installed tomorrow though.

Last edited:
Just picked them up a few minutes ago from mailbox and verified all cables are there.

Crap. Ordered my PP05-E cable set today, then just found info that Silverstone might be including that same set with the new 550/600W SFX (via US retailer at OCN w/direct Silverstone contacts)..

Also, I believe that the newest revisions of the SFX PSU's might be getting the newer "flexible" style short cables. We will have to wait for confirmation from Silverstone, but I think it might happen.

Ahh well. Guess I definitely gotta custom shorten one of the sets, lol ;)

EDIT: Also, just found some news on the 2 new SFXs from them. Hopefully end of March availability of the 550W, and the "later this year" info was for the 600W..

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040549123&postcount=533

Can't wait. I'll def be happy if i can buy a new ST55SF-G in March!

Last edited:
Was there ever a source found for the plastic clips for the side panels? I took off the motherboard side today and one of them apparently was broken. I don't know if I broke it or it broke in shipping or what. It holds just fine without it, but if it loses another one I'd be concerned with fitment and vibrations.

Thanks! Stroll to local Lowe's big box is 20-miles out, and I can never find what I'm looking for.. I'll try there and Home Depot, and maybe the auto parts store.

Can't find anything online that looks as nice as Dstart's (most are too deep), but the Heyco Shorty plug might be close..

http://heyco.com/Hole_Plugs/product.cfm?product=Shorty-Plugs&section=Hole_Plugs
Nice find! I like the Heyco plug you linked. I'll probably go with that when the time comes to start building. I wonder how expensive they are.

Was there ever a source found for the plastic clips for the side panels? I took off the motherboard side today and one of them apparently was broken. I don't know if I broke it or it broke in shipping or what. It holds just fine without it, but if it loses another one I'd be concerned with fitment and vibrations.

I'm looking for some as well since I found one of mine broken. I ordered some Lian Li female case clips from frozencpu but they were WAYYYY to big. :(

Hopefully someone has a bead on some, cause my google fu isn't finding anything similar.

I'm looking for some as well since I found one of mine broken. I ordered some Lian Li female case clips from frozencpu but they were WAYYYY to big. :(

Hopefully someone has a bead on some, cause my google fu isn't finding anything similar.

The lian li ones are for big plastic 'studs' on the male side. Like this:
CA-339-LL_47043_350.jpg

The M1 posts are smaller and metal, with the clips being the plastic part. My Google-fu is failing me as well :(

Nice find! I like the Heyco plug you linked. I'll probably go with that when the time comes to start building. I wonder how expensive they are.

They're dirt cheap.. about 10-cents each!

Unfortunately, you can only buy them in 250-count packs for $24 plus shipping..

Or you can buy them here for around $1 each.. but shipping for 2+ is around $15 (and only 1 state away from me!)..

EDIT: You can also order direct through Heyco for 70-cents each.. $30+ shipping!!

WTF.. They can't use an envelope, or $4 USPS Priority? :confused:

If anyone finds a more economical deal, let us know.. the part is Heyco 1702 (black 1" Shorty plug) - or SaltDogg 3017483 (same Heyco part, but used for a salt spreader, lol). Paying $10 per plug is just stupidness.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Has anyone installed a NZXT Kraken G10 bracket in the M1 yet? If so, post pics. I am thinking of this as an alternative to a custom loop (possibly using 2 H60's; one for CPU and one for GPU), until I get funds later this year to do a loop. I'm taking the family to Disneyworld next month and my cash is taking a hit.

Also, has anyone tried to put 2 120mm AIO coolers next to each other in the M1?

Last edited:
Has anyone installed a NZXT Kraken G10 bracket in the M1 yet? If so, post pics. I am thinking of this as an alternative to a custom loop (possibly using 2 H60's; one for CPU and one for GPU), until I get funds later this year to do a loop. I'm taking the family to Disneyworld next month and my cash is taking a hit.

Also, has anyone tried to put 2 120mm AIO coolers next to each other in the M1?

Planning on it. Still waiting for it to ship =(

Finally got my build finished and leak tested yesterday morning at 2am. No leaks during the last 24 hours from any of the four Koolance rotary 90s even though no clamps used and just finger tightened. Also no leaks from the Monsoon free center compression fittings also finger tightened. It took me longer than expected to finish my build because I had to make custom cables, round up some screws, and make a pump brace to get everything to fit. I also had one of my swiftech rotary 90s break while screwing it into the pump (by hand), and I had to order replacements. The threaded portion of the fitting simply separated from the body with a crackling sound and fell on the floor. Sounded a little like opening a can of soda. The threads were cut too deep on the fitting and couldn't take being screwed into the pump. So I ordered three new rotary 90 barbs from Koolance, two to replace the swiftechs and one spare just in case. I really like the Koolance rotary barbs. They are lower profile than any other I could find, look good, are 10mm and unrestricted, are inexpensive with $6 shipping direct from Koolance, and are working great so far despite some pressure from the tubing.

Anyway I am also very impressed with the Koolance 380i water block, the 120mm Black Ice GT Xtreme radiator, the Cougar Vortex Hydro Dynamic Bearing fans, the Swiftech MCP35X pump, and the Primoflex Advanced LRT 3/8in ID x 5/8in OD tubing. The tubing is able to make some very tight turns (2in radius) without kinking, even tighter if you heat it in water. All together it delivers great temperatures and low noise.

Here are my results using stock settings for the 4770K.

- Ambient temperature 21C (70F).
- Start up temperature for about 5 minutes (21C - 28C)
- Idle temperature stabilized at 28C and noise level nearly inaudible (had to put ear next to chassis to hear anything). CPU fan was running <600 RPM and bottom two fans were off at 0 RPMs. Pump was running <1450 RPM.
- After 35 minutes of Prime95 on maximum temperature settings, temperatures reached and stablized at 50C, and remained unchanged for an additional 10 minutes (45 min total). The chassis front, back, sides and top remained cool to the touch everywhere except directly around the radiator side exhaust which was mildly warm. Pump was running at 4100 RPM, and all three fans were running at 1500 RPMs. Noise was still below conversation level, and had a mild sound mostly consisting of the sound of air.

I then let the machine cool down to 30C, and started a new run of Prime95 on maximum temperature settings using the full speed fan profile.

- Starting temperature 30C.
- After 10 minutes the temperature reached and stablized at its maximum between 39C and 40C (occasionally alternating back and forth). It remained that way for an additional 75 minutes (85 minutes total). The pump maintained a speed of 4500 RPM, and all three fans maintained a speed of 1775 RPM. At these speeds there was some dissonance. The noise level however remained below conversation level, and I could easily talk with family members right next to the machine. However after 85 minutes, the dissonance was getting on my nerves.

Next will be to test overclocking temperatures.

- Starting temperature 30C.
- After 10 minutes the temperature reached and stablized at its maximum between 39C and 40C (occasionally alternating back and forth). It remained that way for an additional 75 minutes (85 minutes total). The pump maintained a speed of 4500 RPM, and all three fans maintained a speed of 1775 RPM.

Hey good job finishing your build :D

My experience with that pump in a CPU + GPU + single rad loop is that above ~2500 rpm it doesn't really make more than a few degrees difference. As soon as the water has enough turbulence then there's a plateau in performance.

Hey guys!
Just a heads up for anyone currently doing a M1 build, Be Quiet! is releasing a 400w SFX PSU, with what looks like a 92mm fan, might be an interesting alternative to ST-45SF-G

Hey guys!
Just a heads up for anyone currently doing a M1 build, Be Quiet! is releasing a 400w SFX PSU, with what looks like a 92mm fan, might be an interesting alternative to ST-45SF-G

those are FSP build PSUs. They most certainly have a 80mm (15mm slim) fan inside. Also non-modular and 80+bronze only.
This might be an alternative to the Sivlerstone ST45SF(bronze version) not the ST45SF-G

those are FSP build PSUs. They most certainly have a 80mm (15mm slim) fan inside. Also non-modular and 80+bronze only.
This might be an alternative to the Sivlerstone ST45SF(bronze version) not the ST45SF-G

Well, I just thought we might have a quieter(?) psu in roughly the same wattage range, and hopefully with a lower pricetag.

In any case, it's worth it to keep an eye on it.

Sadly, there are no fan specs on the FSP website, and no info from Be Quiet! regarding the fan

EDIT: I actually never noticed that the ST45SF was a FSP PSU.

They say you learn something new every day

Last edited:
Well, I just thought we might have a quieter(?) psu in roughly the same wattage range, and hopefully with a lower pricetag.

In any case, it's worth it to keep an eye on it.

Sadly, there are no fan specs on the FSP website, and no info from Be Quiet! regarding the fan

I kinda dobut it, but we will see when the first (user) review comes out.

If anyone is looking for n cooler for a Gigabyte Z77N / H77N / H87N / Z87N the Coolermaster GeminII SF524 / GeminII S524 fits perfect (even with the HDD cage installed)

0RW8Jwwl.jpg

Anyone remember someone who modded a NH-C14 to fit with the hard drive cage on? Search function turned up nothing and trawling through 500 pages is my last resort.

Hey good job finishing your build :D

My experience with that pump in a CPU + GPU + single rad loop is that above ~2500 rpm it doesn't really make more than a few degrees difference. As soon as the water has enough turbulence then there's a plateau in performance.

Thanks WiSK. Good to know. That means I can probably adjust the curve on the pump. I will see if I get the same tonight when I overclock.

grr, stupid motherboard won't recognize RAM if a stick is in DIMMB1 slot. :(

going to try and upgrade bios and see if that fixes it. doubt it will...

didn't fix it. will shoot an email to newegg to see if i can rma through them (bought it a few months ago but just installed it) or if i'll have to go through asus.

Last edited:
Sorry for being off-topic, but have anyone gotten their M1 res? Or even an answer from the guys at FrozenQ?

grr, stupid motherboard won't recognize RAM if a stick is in DIMMB1 slot. :(

going to try and upgrade bios and see if that fixes it. doubt it will...

didn't fix it. will shoot an email to newegg to see if i can rma through them (bought it a few months ago but just installed it) or if i'll have to go through asus.

try to de-rate the DIMM freq

The amount of hate I have for you guys who've built in it already is palpable.

I do like some of the ideas, especially adamantium's...

Got like a build log/pics/materials used? May settle for one of those as well, or at least give me a good start.

On the plus side, and I know and agree I shouldn't be saying this but.. I welcome the double shipping cost refund on both the Silver and Black version I ordered (i'm in the Netherlands... yay... I hate my life on luck) to be truthful as I just had to spend € 1500 ,- to fix my car, € 200,- to repair my phone and, last but not least, had my rims stolen from my car last week.

I have such contempt for life right now that I simply do not posses the words to describe it.

try to de-rate the DIMM freq

I've tried everything, I even took RAM (different brands/size/speed than what I bought for this build) from two other computers and tried them in this MB. DIMM B1 will not recognize any RAM and the board will not post if there's a stick in it.

Got like a build log/pics/materials used? May settle for one of those as well, or at least give me a good start.

On the plus side, and I know and agree I shouldn't be saying this but.. I welcome the double shipping cost refund on both the Silver and Black version I ordered (i'm in the Netherlands... yay... I hate my life on luck) to be truthful as I just had to spend € 1500 ,- to fix my car, € 200,- to repair my phone and, last but not least, had my rims stolen from my car last week.

I have such contempt for life right now that I simply do not posses the words to describe it.

There's a separate build log thread and the first post google spreadsheet has a really good list of what works and what doesn't work as far as mobo's and cpu coolers.

There's a separate build log thread and the first post google spreadsheet has a really good list of what works and what doesn't work as far as mobo's and cpu coolers.

It's not the "what fits" bit i'm after, it's more a specific build type and adapt if necessary.

I've been in computers for 2 decades (including building) but in those 2 decades i've never actually water cooled (properly) hence the copying/adapting bit, and I don't see his log.

Hence the question.

It's not the "what fits" bit i'm after, it's more a specific build type and adapt if necessary.

I've been in computers for 2 decades (including building) but in those 2 decades i've never actually water cooled (properly) hence the copying/adapting bit, and I don't see his log.

Hence the question.

It looks like someone deleted my row in the spreadsheet that detailed the parts I used. I will try to reproduce the list tonight and post some pictures if I have time. At work still.

It looks like someone deleted my row in the spreadsheet that detailed the parts I used. I will try to reproduce the list tonight and post some pictures if I have time. At work still.
I think that nobody deleted it, the row was only hidden - sometimes somebody looks for solution and sorts the sheet it only shows water or air cooling (e.g. if air selected, water is hidden)...

I hate my life on luck) to be truthful as I just had to spend € 1500 ,- to fix my car, € 200,- to repair my phone and, last but not least, had my rims stolen from my car last week.

That does suck. I hope you get some good luck/karma coming your way soon. Keep plunging forward, EvilDeffy. Good luck, man. :)

Sounds like a run of bad luck. Sorry to hear it.

Were you on the early shipping list? If you were, go ahead and send w360 an email requesting a shipping refund, along with your tracking numbers.

Back